Google

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Howe work again with Anderson?

Re: Can Howe work again with Anderson?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfleece View Post
    True

Look at the problems between David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen.
    1st new Van Halen album w DLR since 1984 and it's a killer....fantastic.

I'm sure Anderson and the band could sit down and straighten it out but they're
    too childish and neither party will back down.

Too many hang ups, i.e.

Financial problems
    I can't tour
    We can't record here or there
    I don't want to play that song live
    I don't want that keyboard player etc
    I won't record your material

The list is endless. If Van Halen can do it, I'm sure anytime Yes could announce Anderson is back!!!!
    Also true...

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Imperatrix View Post
    The hell with Howe and Anderson.

Let's work together.
    GREAT IDEA. i'LL CHANGE MY NAME TO jON, START TALKING GARBLED NONCE-SENCE ABOUT ILL THOUGHT RELIGIOUS GUFF IF YOU GROW MASSIVE HANDS A DO THE BASS.

uP FOR IT?

bRIAN

Originally from East New York, Brooklyn; now going native in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania!

Cargo of diamonds as you are: nothing more valuable, nothing more tough. -- Hex

She's an equal opportunity offender, a societal wildcard. You can't control her, only hope to contain her, even then she refuses to be possessed. If she were a coin, you would spend her, unwillingly. If she were an animal, you'd free her to the wilderness.

Quote Originally Posted by rememberer View Post
    If you mean Howe and Anderson, they have some history of doing extraordinary work together, that's why.
    They most certainly have, but the past is not always a promise for the future. IMO the only reason for the two to get together again in one band is if a very big irresisitble paycheck comes along....
    ReAwaken (after the Bethlehem Sands concert 2016):
    Sometimes in music, the songs can transcend the band members themselves - I think Yes is such a band.

Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    Oye... They didn't ask Jon Anderson to come back....That's NOT what Jack said.... And if that's what he meant, it's NOT correct. It hasn't even come close to them having such discussions with Jon. Of coruse I would love to see Jon (the real Jon) back, as most would. But it's not happening anytime soon... And anybody poin ting fingers saying it's this person fault or that person's clearly is cluess as to the history of the infighting and general overall mudfest Yes has been for 40 years...

In any case I'm seeing tit floating onto other sites that they "Asked Jon Anderson to come back and he refused" That is completely and 100% false.
    Hey, no problem, I believe you. Actually concerning the question of this thread and what I believe is the answer (no, unless a very big paycheck comes along) it makes more sense that they didn't ask him back.
    Sometimes in music, the songs can transcend the band members themselves - I think Yes is such a band.

True

Look at the problems between David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen.
    1st new Van Halen album w DLR since 1984 and it's a killer....fantastic.

I'm sure Anderson and the band could sit down and straighten it out but they're
    too childish and neither party will back down.

Too many hang ups, i.e.

Financial problems
    I can't tour
    We can't record here or there
    I don't want to play that song live
    I don't want that keyboard player etc
    I won't record your material

The list is endless. If Van Halen can do it, I'm sure anytime Yes could announce Anderson is back!!!!
    The only problem with this anology is that between 1984 and now there is 28 years (which had also one failed attempt at a re-union between Roth and the rest of VH) and I don't think Anderson and Howe have that time to come on good terms with each other again.....

Elephant sized Yes fan Swordfleece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    The only problem with this anology is that between 1984 and now there is 28 years (which had also one failed attempt at a re-union between Roth and the rest of VH) and I don't think Anderson and Howe have that time to come on good terms with each other again.....
    I am aware the circumstances are different - I was drawing the comparison with VH that it looked practically impossible
    they'd overcome all their problems and do a new album with DLR and now they have and pretty much silenced their critics.

I hope Anderson and co could work it out.

Actually does anyone know what the "real" fall out was over. Did the band find out JA wanting/getting a larger % of profits or is that
    just a rumour?

Insane Yesfan

Actually does anyone know what the "real" fall out was over. Did the band find out JA wanting/getting a larger % of profits or is that
    just a rumour?
    There isn't a short answer to that, and Henry can probably fill in the details much better than I.

It seems that long-running disputes and tensions (some going back to the '70s), along with newer creative and business disagreements, simply became so bad by the 2004 tour that they were barely talking to each other, in some cases.

After that, they couldn't agree on if and when to do new work as Yes, or what form that activity should take. Jon seems to have been the most reluctant, but finally agreed to do a Yes tour in 2008. That's where the rumor of disagreements over percentages and such is centered. The rumor is that Jon demanded 50 percent of the profits from that tour, and apparently got it. After he took ill, my take is that it became a very convenient excuse for HSW to do what they'd probably been wanting to do for awhile--get a new lead singer. The rumor mill has them actually looking into that possibility during the 2005-08 hiatus.

So, as you can see, there isn't a simple or singular cause for this. The problems built up over years. That's why any reunion with Jon would have to be carefully negotiated and would probably involve nothing more than a big splashy tour. Album activity seems unlikely.

I guess you never know with these guys.

Wakemaniac Trooper Yeshead tidewater's Avatar

Can Steve work with Jon again????I certainly hope so.

Caroline Yessongs

Awaken Gentle Mass Touch

VH KISS BLACK SABBATH YES OZZY Andersonic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imperatrix View Post
    Matt read something about that last night---that Wolfie really helped his dad out; inspired him, I believe it was. I'm very glad.
    Yeah Wolf was the kick in the butt for the band for sure; he created the setlist for the 2007 tour and his bass playing and sound on the new album are stellar. Listen to the end of the song Chinatown alone...

With Howe's experience on Union, albums after that with Jon, and his review of the music Jon has writing lately, I don't think Steve would be very exited... Maybe that is a sign that they are finally ready to write something EPIC together again? Tension can be channeled into positive energy, especially when you have got something to prove! But not always... 2013??

SR Mega Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by Andersonic View Post
    Yeah Wolf was the kick in the butt for the band for sure; he created the setlist for the 2007 tour and his bass playing and sound on the new album are stellar. Listen to the end of the song Chinatown alone...
    So, Andersonic, your tag line is now "VH KISS BLACK SABBATH YES OZZY".

OK, so Van Halen, 4 band members, of which there are 3 original/"classic" members, but the band has had long periods previously with only 2 "classic" members and a replacement lead vocalist.

Black Sabbath, also on 3 original/"classic" members, but the band has also had long periods previously with only 1 "classic" member and/or a replacement lead vocalist.

KISS, on 2 original/"classic" members only.

Ozzy is, obviously, only one person, but the Ozzy Osbourne Band could be said to have a "classic" line-up or line-ups, and the current bands is without the likes of Rhoads (obviously), Daisley, Wylde or Airey. So one might say just 1 original/"classic" member.

And then there's Yes! Only 1 original member in Squire, but 3 "classic" members with Howe and White as well.

Looking at these 5 acts, it seems to me that a changing line-up and a band continuing with only a few original/"classic" members is pretty standard for long-running rock acts. Yes don't particularly stand out in terms of membership turnover. Would you agree?

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the Yes news blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

The forest gave consent relayeire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andersonic View Post
    It's still a shame it's not a true VH reunion.
    Yesshows attended (27): 4/84, 1/88, 7/91 (x2), 8/94, 8/98, 10/99, 8/00, 8/01, 8/02, 10/02, 4/04, 5/04, 9/04 (x2), 12/08, 7/09, 6/10, 3/11 (x2), 7/12, 4/13, 8/14, 8/15, 11/15, 8/16, 2/17 || Yes member gigs: Steve solo ’00 [w/GTR ’86], [w/Asia ’92, ’07 (x2), ’09, ’12] | Jon solo '14 | Jon & Alan charity gig ’99 | Alan drum clinic ’89 | Bill drum clinics ’83 & ’85 [w/Crimso ’95] | Patrick solo ’98, ’11 [w/Moodies ’86 (x2), ’88] | Rick solo ’03, ’09 | Geoff [w/Asia ’92, ’07 (x2), ’09, ’12] | ARW 10/16

SR Mega Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by relayeire View Post
    It's still a shame it's not a true VH reunion.
    No Michael Anthony, no Van Halen?

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the Yes news blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Buster the ex-Mod. R.I.P. Mind Driver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    No Michael Anthony, no Van Halen?

Henry
    Too funny.
    The storms of life They came
    as we made our way towards home
    and foes, they rose to strike us down

These are not the Truth
    though they threaten
    they are soon swallowed by Time
    and matter not when the end is come

GH 2012

Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    Oye... They didn't ask Jon Anderson to come back....That's NOT what Jack said.... And if that's what he meant, it's NOT correct. It hasn't even come close to them having such discussions with Jon. Of coruse I would love to see Jon (the real Jon) back, as most would. But it's not happening anytime soon... And anybody poin ting fingers saying it's this person fault or that person's clearly is cluess as to the history of the infighting and general overall mudfest Yes has been for 40 years...

In any case I'm seeing tit floating onto other sites that they "Asked Jon Anderson to come back and he refused" That is completely and 100% false.
    Thank you. Not what I said. And thank you JL. This is what I said:

Benoit told them a few weeks ago he was done. I just only heard about Jon Davison today, so that had to have just happened. I do know an effort was made to reach out to Jon Anderson which was rejected. Probably all I should say here, I don't want to break anyone's confidence. I'm sure they'll carry on fine with Jon Davison

I apologize if my wording led anyone to believe they'd actually talked to Jon. Jon apparently wouldn't talk.

Hey Jack - no worries we appreciate your doing your best for all things YES

Balefully Belaboured Theoberheim's Avatar

It kind of makes sense now.... "An attempt was made to reach out to Jon" and "The last I heard from Chris was three weeks ago asking for tickets to my show in Mesa Arizona" does seem to align itself.

FROM THE MOMENT YOU TELL ME, YEESSS jpirard's Avatar
    slightly to the left of the Tolkein collection, near the Terry Brooks novels, sometimes behind Harry Potter series...

Quote Originally Posted by SoLrSaYlR View Post
    This is WAYYYY better than any of the recycled reprocessed overproduced 80s pop drek on FFH
    It's ok but it IS lightweight. Not a ROCK tune.

FROM THE MOMENT YOU TELL ME, YEESSS jpirard's Avatar
    slightly to the left of the Tolkein collection, near the Terry Brooks novels, sometimes behind Harry Potter series...

Yes does not have the TIME to wait. They are old people...

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast