Gawd, would LOVE to see Glass Hammer!
OhioProg announces the addition of Glass Hammer and Kinetic Element to the OhioProg 2012 festival line-up.
Glass Hammer is a symphonic-progressive rock band from the USA. Multi-instrumentalists Steve Babb and Fred Schendel formed the band in 1992 and will be celebrating their 20th anniversary at OhioProg 2012. The band recently released their 14th studio album Cor Cordium which is a follow-up to last year's highly acclaimed If. Glass Hammer is certainly one of the most well-known and highly regarded progressive rock acts over the last 20 years and will be featured as a headliner alongside FM, Nightingale and Arena. They will play ahead of FM on Saturday, September 8, 2012. You can listen to two tracks from Glass Hammer on the OhioProg Soundcloud and/or the Glass Hammer artist page. "Nothing Box" from their latest Cor Cordium and "If the Stars" from last year's If.
Kinetic Element hail from Richmond, Virginia and released their debut album Powered by Light in 2009. The band formed as an outlet to perform the solo material of composter and keyboard player Mike Visaggio. The group quickly created their own identity and began playing alongside some of today's foremost progressive rock acts including Circa and IZZ. Kinetic Element will perform in the first slot on Sunday, September 9, 2012. The Kinetic Element artist page will be updated with audio tracks soon. Two tracks are also available on the OhioProg Soundcloud from Kinetic Element's Powered by Light album.
Tickets are available now and until January 2, 2012 for the OhioProg 2012 festival through Kickstarter. It is important to note that if the funding goal is not met the festival will be canceled. All of the ticketing info and additional event info can be found on the ticketing page and on the OhioProg website.
OhioProg is set to take place September 7th, 8th & 9th of 2012 at the Canton Palace Theatre in Canton, Ohio. The updated performance schedule now features 15 bands representing 5 countries.
Friday, September 7, 2012 “A Tribute to the Classics” Pre-Show
• 5:00pm - 6:30pm Going for the One perform the music of Yes (USA)
• 7:00pm - 8:30pm Gende’s Giant perform the music of Gentle Giant (USA)
• 9:00pm - 11:00pm Script for a Jester’s Tour perform the music of Marillion and featuring original Marillion drummer Mick Pointer and Nick Barrett of Pendragon (UK)
Saturday, September 8, 2012 “Main Event”
• 11:00am - 12:15pm Orphan Project (USA)
• 1:00pm – 2:30pm Persephone’s Dream (USA)
• 3:30pm – 5:00pm RC2 (Spain)
• 7:00pm - 9:00pm Glass Hammer (USA)
• 10:00pm - 12:00am FM (Canada)
Saturday, September 8, 2012 “After-Party” at The Auricle
• 12:45pm – 1:15am Dag Swanö (Sweden)
• 1:20am – 2:00am Gravity (USA)
Sunday, September 9, 2012 “Main Event”
•11:00am - 12:15pm Kinetic Element (USA)
• 1:00pm – 2:30pm After the Fall (USA)
• 3:30pm – 5:00pm Cryptic Vision (USA)
• 7:00pm – 9:00pm Arena (UK)
• 10:00pm – 12:00am Nightingale (Sweden)
Thanks for everybody's interest and support!