Google

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Bruford Wakeman Rabin ?

Anderson Bruford Wakeman Rabin ?

From http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wnyesm.htm

It sez here:
    The Mar 2010 edition of Classic Rock Presents... Prog reports the project as involving Wakeman, Rabin, Anderson and Bill Bruford.

The article reads: "Bruford has recently announced his intention to retire from music, but Prog understands if the project goes ahead he will be involved." This has not been confirmed by any other source.

Re: Anderson Bruford Wakeman Rabin ?

I should have done my homework....seen it was already posted here.

Man, you guys are good!

Hark! What light is that? It is indeed my guttered candle flickering into dim, hopeful light...

Phill

Standing in the Sun...Idiot Savant...
    Something Like a Monument...

Insane Yesfan

The only way I can see Bruford doing anything Yes-related is if he really needs the money. Of course, that's happened before...

VH KISS BLACK SABBATH YES OZZY Andersonic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by profusion View Post
    The only way I can see Bruford doing anything Yes-related is if he really needs the money. Of course, that's happened before...
    ...or if the feeling is clear and there's no lengthy touring involved and it really is for just an album...I can see how Bruford feels a new challenge with AB&R.

VH KISS BLACK SABBATH YES OZZY Andersonic's Avatar

...or if the intentions and feeling are clear and there's no lengthy touring involved and it really is for just an album...I can see how Bruford feels a new challenge with AB&R.

Please let it be so !!! would be awesome !!!
    Nous sommes du soleil
    We love when we play

Super Mega Insane Yesfan Sharp on Attack's Avatar

"Methinks I am a prophet..."

Insane Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by Andersonic View Post
    ...or if the feeling is clear and there's no lengthy touring involved and it really is for just an album...I can see how Bruford feels a new challenge with AB&R.
    In a recent interview that Henry links to at his site, Bruford sounds like he has little interest in rock music anymore.

In a recent interview that Henry links to at his site, Bruford sounds like he has little interest in rock music anymore.
    I don't think it would be 'Rock' music

my OLIAS...finally signed 4-10 ladybugjt68's Avatar

ABWH.... I mean R !

YUP
    We love when we play

Mega Yesfan

Fascinating possibility. Considering that Trevor Rabin's web site currently has something of a jazz guitar riff on the lead page (admittedly for about a year now), possibly pointing to an area he wants to explore, I could see a project that would actually be of interest to Bruford.

Bottom line is that, though I would love for Trevor to make another rock album, he has the cash in the bank to do whatever the devil he feels like these days. A jazz-laced ABWR project might be just the ticket to stir the creative juices of all of them. I'm not going to hold my breath on this, but it makes me smile all the same.

Mega Yesfan

The countdown begins for the post on Bruford's website to deny this. If he was thinking about retiring from music, and if he was only interested and involved in low-level jazz improvisational projects in the latter years of his career up til now.... he's going to come out of a retirement of only several months to play with the most bombastic musicians in the whole Yes Alumni Association?

I could see him doing it if minimum effort was rewarded with maximum return, and since I'll buy an Anderson/Rabin/Wakeman product sight unseen, if my infant niece is playing drums on it, I've got to believe the return would be good. Or if some emergency need for money came up. But Bill has always been one of the most fiscally and artistically responsible Yes men, so I can't believe he needs the money.... and he's repeatedly retired from the Big Rock Arena, and his autobio evinces a visceral hatred for that whole thing.

I am Doubting Thomas on this one. If I'm wrong, well, hell, I'll certainly be happy to hear what they do. But Bruford involved in this.... hard to picture.

ABWR - If the time is right and everyone loves the music, the starts shall align.

Hey, one can dream can't he?

I think they will call the tour "An Evening of ABWH Music plus"

The tour will consist of each one doing a 30 min solo and then taking a good rest while the rest do it. Then a new song and then Brother of Mine and Order of the Universe as an encore.

Jon Anderson will drive through the audience on a Mobility Scooter singing.

Rabin, will play Solly's Beard, Glass Eye and Wooden Leg.

Wakeman will have his keyboards arranged around his Shackleton High Chair.

Bruford and Levin will perform more music that never gets recorded.

Apparently Bill doesn't mind being in anything Yes related as long as Chris isn't involved. Not sure how to explain Union though. Apparently the two hate each other. That could be just a rumor though.

Anyway, I too am quite surprised Bill is on board for this. Not just because he's announced his retirement but also because I thought he wanted to distance himself to anything Yes or prog related. Then again maybe the album will sound more like Asia then it will Close to the Edge or ABWH for that matter. Who knows?

wouldnt be the first time a musician (or sportsman) has 'retired' only to be enticed back for the 'right' project..
    Saving the planet, one beer at a time...

So long and thanks for all The Fish Meng's Avatar

Since when has Wakeman been remotely interested in doing anything in a jazz vein?

I'm not familiar with most of his solo output, but my guess would be there's very little (if any) jazz in there.

I would personally be very surprised if BB is involved too. Pleasantly surprised.
    PeteW. Good without god.

Bristol 9 Sep 72; Bristol 18 Nov 73; Bristol 5 & 7 May 75; Wembley Oct 77; Wembley 28 Oct 78 (Evening show); Bristol 16 Nov 80; Birmingham 24 Oct 89; Wembley Oct 89; Birmingham Jun 91; Wembley 29 Jun 91; Nottingham 1 Mar 98; Birmingham 13 Apr 98; London 20 Feb 00; Cardiff 7 Dec 01; Birmingham 3 Jul 03; Birmingham 18 Jun 04; Bristol 23 Nov 09; Birmingham 11 Nov 11; Bristol 16 Nov 11; Birmingham 4 May 14; Bristol 11 May 14; Bristol 4 May 16

Super Insane Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by Meng View Post
    Since when has Wakeman been remotely interested in doing anything in a jazz vein?

I'm not familiar with most of his solo output, but my guess would be there's very little (if any) jazz in there.

I would personally be very surprised if BB is involved too. Pleasantly surprised.
    I do not have his 100 or so CDs/LPs but nothing I have ever heard him play could be described as Jazz in "The man from Surrey Hills" sense. However Pete think about this:-

1) Bill was going to form a trio with Rick and John Wetton in 1976 which was only scuppered by Ricks labrynthine monetary/management issues of the day.

2) Bill thinks Owner is one of the few fresh and original things that Yes have done since his tenure in the band. So miles away from his approach but he respects the leather trousered one.

3) He enjoyed playing with Rick on ABWH and thought what he was doing over the rhythm section on say Brother Of Mine was genuinely fresh. He only got unhappy when Jon and that great philanthropist Brian Lane tried to marry/realign this fresh and going concern with what he considered a deeply badly managed beached whale.

4) Bill has about the same view of Jon as I do he loves him to bits but in his auto describes him as "He has never changed but then he was never normal".

So as completely unlikely as it sounds ,and intellectually I am with Professor Potts on this, it just might be true and for another reason.

Even the great intriguer has only alluded to a recording, which would fit Jon's and Rick's health, Trevors schedule and Bills absolute desire to stay out of the rock and roll circus.

If it comes off then artistically it could be fascinating to see Bill's dropped beats matched with Trevors robust orchestrated riff making or anything else in his mind after all these years. Ricks great strength more than even is behind the piano and if we want something a tad more current than Ricks obligitory right hand soloing on the synths then Trevor is capable of providing directly or indirectly the necessary input.

Might give all right Squire a bit of nudge to get that B..... CD done as well, so we would all be winners.

Super Mega Insane Yesfan Sharp on Attack's Avatar

That's true. I can't hear jazz coming from this line up, but hopefully some symphonic frenzy. I hope it's not tame music!

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast