Google

Thread: Sheet Music For Lucky Man Synth Solo Wanted

Sheet Music For Lucky Man Synth Solo Wanted

Please can anyone here write out the sheet music to the synth solo at the end of Luck Man? If anyone knows where I can find it please let me know I would greatly appreciate it, the book I have left the solo out and I would love to find some accurate notation.
    Thanks So Much
    Are You Experienced?
    www.griffinentertainment.org

Re: Sheet Music For Lucky Man Synth Solo Wanted

I've been collecting transcriptions of ELP for many years. This one goes back a good 17 years. I had made a few 'pen pals' via USENET rec.music.prog (or was it alt.m.p?) & we'd swap our latest transcription efforts via snail-mail. Nowadays that seems like carving cuneiform into stone tablets! Sorry I can't remember who wrote this out to give credit where it's due! Hope it's helpful.

I thought I once saw Keith's Lucky Man solo transcribed in Keyboard mag... maybe I'm mixing it up with another piece (they've also done Tarkus-Eruption, and bits of Barrelhouse Shakedown, his Piano Concerto & the organ solo from KE9 3rd Impression). Funny thing about this solo is that Keith didn't realize tape was rolling while he was noodling around with some ideas. He really wanted to have another go at it to make it better, but everyone else thought it sounded great as-is!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ReverbNation music page
    Bear, Delaware

Thank you soo much.
    Are You Experienced?
    www.griffinentertainment.org

Quote Originally Posted by brianos View Post
    Funny thing about this solo is that Keith didn't realize tape was rolling while he was noodling around with some ideas. He really wanted to have another go at it to make it better, but everyone else thought it sounded great as-is!
    According to Greg, he didn't want to give Keith a second chance because he knew that solo would have been a lot longer. And hearing it last with Mark Bonilla singing... it definitely was about 3 minutes longer than the original. :)
    I've got a halo round my head!