PDA

View Full Version : Have you looked at the new Style Sets?

yarstruly
10-28-2003, 03:40 PM
Have you guys looked at the new style sets! I am on 5 now and it is great! I am also experimenting with fonts & colors...If you go to the "User CP" link you will see the location for "style set" under "options". Try the different ones and see what floats your boat. You can also have a little "toolbar" where you can vary the colors & fonts. Just wanted to let everyone know! I like the new upgrade Tim!

yesiam
10-28-2003, 03:50 PM
I think I would like 5 because the type isn't red, but the background is really bright blue and I can't take it - is it like that on yours yars?

yesiam
10-28-2003, 03:50 PM
Wait now the type is red. Oh well

yesiam
10-28-2003, 03:57 PM
Hey I just don't get it or do I?

Maybe I do : )

Can everyone make their text black please? Just kidding

deelovesyes
10-29-2003, 07:30 AM
I love #5 I have been using it for months, its still my favorite.

Dee

ycantibu
10-29-2003, 07:43 AM
I think I'm starting to catch on, but I do have one question...Can anyone tell me how to change the default viewing font? It's a really fancy Yes style font but it kills my eyes.

SallyKhatru
11-04-2003, 01:37 PM
Where are the style stes?? canīt find them and can anybody tell me what usergroups are??? And another question: What about the green fields next to the number of posts???
I love what youīre doing with the new fonts... but Iīd love to do it also myself:-)

yarstruly
11-04-2003, 02:05 PM
Sally.....a style set is the way the screen looks when you view the site....the colors, the Yesfans logo, etc.......look on the top right corner of the site and you see a button that says "User CP".....click it, then look for a button that says "options"...scroll down and look for "Style Set" and try the different options and see what you like. It is a way to customize the site a bit to your liking.

I am not sure about the "user group" question in your post.....

The little green things show your "reputation" according to others on here...its all in fun. Move your mouse over it without clicking and a little message will come up. Click on the little Icon in a person's post with the "+" sign and the check mark to vote.....

SallyKhatru
11-05-2003, 03:38 PM
thanks so much for the explanation. What would I have done without you. I really like this reputation thing:-) Tim has been very busy I believe. But itīs wonderful. Itīs like coming to a new site.
Well but I wouldnīt be Sally Khatru if there wasnīt anpther question. How can I change the fonds??? I didnīt find it, sorry. I have much much work:-)
Have wonderful time all of you

tardistraveler
11-05-2003, 05:35 PM
Sally - I went into the User Control Panel (User CP), and looked under Options. There is a drop-down list that lets you choose style sets.

SallyKhatru
11-07-2003, 12:09 PM
Can you influence this message appearing when you move your mouse over the green reputation fields??? I mean if you vote for somebody, then you have to type a text, donīt you?? And is this what appears there later???
But I really like, although I donīt understand everything about it, yet.
BTW thanks for voting:-))))))

tardistraveler
11-07-2003, 12:43 PM
I don't think the comments people type are what is displayed when you run the mouse over the green boxes. Those comments just seem to be stock text of some sort. When I look at my real comments (under User CP), they are different than any of the displayed messages!

1yesfan
11-07-2003, 02:08 PM
The text when you mouse over the green dots is just stuff that if set to come up. It based on how many points you have. It changes as your REP goes up or down!

SallyKhatru
11-08-2003, 06:48 AM
Thanks again. Now I think I got it:-)
Thatīs fun. Tim, what would we do without you???:-)