PDA

View Full Version : New Site Features Coming!

1yesfan
10-24-2003, 04:17 PM
Hey all.

In the coming days Yesfans will be getting a considerable upgrade to the newest software avail to me. This new software will change the site somewhat on how it work and the features you will have. Some of it is new to me and even I will have to learn how to use it.
With this change the site may do funky things for a bit, not known to me till it happens. The site should be functionable but may have funky colors here or there, images missing, and so forth. I will fix all BUGS asap.
I am excited with the new things this change brings. I think you all will like it also. The site at this point should not be down for this, if it does it could be for a few hours.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim

1yesfan
10-24-2003, 04:23 PM
It's looking like it will happen late tonight! Again I must state that with this change we could see some down time.

Dantalion Rides Again
10-24-2003, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Tim . . . and in advance for the upgrade! :D

Flo
10-24-2003, 05:06 PM
Looking forward to seeing the results !

gathernear
10-24-2003, 05:14 PM
OK. Thanks, Tim.

Tim

Tim

Larry

1yesfan
10-24-2003, 05:40 PM
The site will be down I am told, sometime tonight for a few hours at least!

Earl Grey
10-24-2003, 06:42 PM
We'll all be sitting on our hands during the 'downtime', listening to the CDR from Chicago/etc...

Can't wait to see what newfangled bugs and stuff lie ahead! ;)

It sounds GREAT Tim: Thanks muchly Sir, as ever... You run a tight ship. Where's my MaiTai: oh, there it is!

Your Bud,
Earlie:yesbird:

Bugeyes
10-24-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by 1yesfan
I will fix BUGS asap. Tim

What's wrong with me?
I'm heading for the hole in the wall!

Bug eYe s

STARRSHIP TROOPER
10-24-2003, 08:01 PM
THe sites going down for 1 to 2 hours ? What am I supposed to do ? Talk with the wife and Kids? PLEASE HURRY!!!!!!
Starrship Trooper

yessongs72
10-24-2003, 08:19 PM
Whewwwww, I'm glad that I made it back before the bugs got here. I just got back from the grocery and I'm prepared,I have the largest can of Raid Bug killer the store had!! Send them on now Tim.

1yesfan
10-24-2003, 09:07 PM
Ok folks, it will be going down soon. See you on the other side!

1yesfan
10-24-2003, 09:07 PM
Ok boys and girls. This is not TIM, but the owner of the server and the guy doing the upgrade.

I am awaiting Tims response via email before I start. Somethings that will happen.

Site goes offline

1. Backup of current database. - ETA 15 minutes
2. Upgrade to latest 2.xx version - ETA 15 minutes
3. Run script test - ETA 5 minutes
4. Upgrade to latest 3.x version - ETA 2 hours

So approximately 2.5 hours of Downtime while this is upgrading. It is only down DUE to so many changes on the DB itself. Now I am over estimating the time by going off of the last upgrade I have done on a site that had 28k members and 700k posts. Moving things about on here should take a little less time, but to play safe I quoted 2.5 hours for Tim.

When the site comes back online. You will see some changes. You will see some colors you may not like. I am a black and white colorblind person and will try my best to get the site back to the colors that are on here. Can not promise anything. Tim said he would try to sort it out, but I will help as best that I can.

Regards,

John

1yesfan
10-24-2003, 09:09 PM
Thanks John.

yesiam
10-24-2003, 09:11 PM
Bye everyone - see you on the other siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddddeeeeeeeeee.......... ..........

1yesfan
10-24-2003, 11:16 PM
Well we are on the other side. I LOVE IT. I have a lot of learning to do. The back end, how I run this place also changed. Sooooo it may take me a bit longer to fix things (images, icons, etc) then be4. I would suggest taking some time to polk around and check out your Admin Panel, USER CP found at the tp of the pages.

Bugeyes
10-25-2003, 12:01 AM
hmmmm...Linear, Hybrid, Threaded. No, not curious enough yet to find out.

1yesfan
10-25-2003, 12:07 AM
ohh it is different way to view threads. It is interesting to say the least...

John aka the guy upgrading.

Omar Fares
10-25-2003, 12:16 AM
ohh it is different way to view threads. It is interesting to say the least...

John aka the guy upgrading.

Today´s posts, I can´t see them, Tim? :crybby:

R'tanys
10-25-2003, 12:18 AM
Once again, Tim, your hard work and dedication have earned my appreciation. This will take a bit of getting used to, but I'm sure you'll have much more getting used to to do.
Thanks again, fearless leader!

Bugeyes
10-25-2003, 12:26 AM
Today´s posts, I can´t see them, Tim? :crybby:Don't cry Omar, you can still get them. You just have to know the secret password. Don't be late.

Top right corner where is says Welcome, Omar Fares next to it is the [Get Latest Posts]

Omar Fares
10-25-2003, 12:32 AM
Don't cry Omar, you can still get them. You just have to know the secret password. Don't be late.

Top right corner where is says Welcome, Omar Fares net to it is the [U][Get Latest Posts]

Thank you, Peggy. I was just wondering where did those posts from yesterday go, just in case to catch up with the Yesfans weekly trends.
By the way, I love the new design. :thumbup:

1yesfan
10-25-2003, 12:44 AM
Also understand the site is still reindexing the posts for the search database so they may not come up right. they are almost done but will take another hour from this post.

1yesfan
10-25-2003, 12:45 AM
Tim should get the remaining pieces in here such as icons and smilies and graphics.

John

yessongs72
10-25-2003, 01:18 AM
Tim and John,Great Job! These nybrednew gadjet's are cool,linear and thead...I clicked on one and thought that I was in search of a lost thread,haha.But it look's great and I'm sure it will only get better,so off to another journey and hope I don't get lost,Gunsssss,Earllllll ,Peggyyyyy,upbgirllllll,where are you when I need you!

Original_Shifty
10-27-2003, 10:55 AM
Woh, the font size is huge when I view the site. Gotta figure out how to make it smaller.

BlueEagle
10-27-2003, 11:40 AM
Great Job, Tim. Thanx for bringing back "Today's Posts" ;). Lots of slick new features too.