PDA

View Full Version : What about searching members by location?

SallyKhatru
08-24-2003, 11:29 AM
is there a possibility to add this to the site. A way to look for members in your area, or maybe in your age?
I donīt know if itīs possible and how much work this is.
Itīs just a thought.

PO
08-24-2003, 02:26 PM
I have asked about this, too, SallyK.

It would be nice to Search the Location field in the members profiles. Not everyone fills in that field, but some do. I'd like to get everyone in my area together sometime.

Sally, in the meantime you can post a thread asking anyone in your area to respond.

bdyescall
08-24-2003, 02:54 PM
Great idea Sally!!---It might offer the opportunity to do an occational regional YESfans gathering so some who have restrictions that prevents them from attending the annual "BIG" YES gathering.---It might also open some doors for regional groups to attend the annual gathering at a group rate and make it more affordable or cost effective at the same time!!!---I'm for it!!!

SallyKhatru
08-25-2003, 01:29 PM
Thank you guys.
Iīd really love to see if there are more fans from my area, cause Yesfans seem to be rare here, or maybe theyīre just hiding.
Iīd also like to look for the ages. Iīd love to contact more people in my age. Because it seems weīre rare in this generation.
Thanks for the tip also.
Iīll post a thread and aks.
Do You have a suggestion where to post it best?
Have a wonderful day

Thoughtbecontact
08-25-2003, 02:24 PM
Poor Sally!

I don't know what to tell you. The Germans who are members of this board simply aren't very active except for Peter who lives in Cologne and he's 42, not exactly what you're looking for. There was one guy named Josef who was on about 6-8 weeks ago, but I haven't seen him lately. I think there was another German too during that time, but he also disappeared. I've only seen one German one, a girl who called herself Tamed Lamia. I believe she was from Berlin--but again, I haven't seen her post anything in several months. I know you would like to make friends with Yesfans who live near you, but I don't think that is likely to happen. We do have members your age, but they are scattered, mostly in the US and England, but keep posting, you'l find someone.

1yesfan
08-25-2003, 02:25 PM
I have many requests over the years for these additions. The reason I have not done them is because with age thigns, many folks do not put GOOD info in for that.
As for getting database that tracks location of members, again you would have to depend on what the member puts in, is it for real? Plus I run into issues that if I collect this info and something happens to someone I could get uin some hot water over it. Right now that stuff can had by posting a message on the site for it and waiting to see if anyone replies. This way I am not liable since I have a disclaimers that I am not resp. for posts made to the site.

Sheerah
08-25-2003, 02:40 PM
I don't blame you Tim. It sounds like the best way for inquiry is to create a thread asking who lives in the area. With frivalous lawsuits being what they are, you are right to protect yourself in this manner.

1yesfan
08-25-2003, 02:50 PM
Yeap. If you post in a thread then it's that members want to do so. If I collect it as folks join the site then I am in the Hot Seat (what an lousy ELP album that one was).

SallyKhatru
08-26-2003, 11:33 AM
Hi Tim,

yeah I see youīre right.
Sorry I didnīt think about that. But how was I to know.
Iīll try it that way. Thatīs okay. Thanks, youīre a cool guy.
by the way thanks for keeping the side alive for us.
I really donīt want you to get any problems.

And Thoughtbecontact: thanks for the tips.
Iīll try to contact that man. It doesnīt matter to me that heīs 42. Thatīs not really old , is it?
Iīm good in dealing with men in the age of 40-50:-)
I have some good friends in that age.

hey and even if there are no friends for me in germany: youīre all great. I really love talking to all of you. Youīre so nice.
keep it going

illusion
08-26-2003, 12:11 PM
There are a fair few members in their teens. If you are looking for someone of a similar age then try contacting IvyDeeDum, she's Earls daughter and is 13, 14 or that sort of age.

Rabin105 is about 16 or so.

Tanbar is 18

Endless Dream is 15.

I'm 18.

Theres more that I'm forgetting.

bdyescall
08-26-2003, 07:45 PM
I think the teeners that subscribe here shouldn't be treated any differently than anyone here.---First I have to say that I find their interest in YES to be a highly commendable quality that might separate them from their peers.--But, they're also classified as people with the intelligence to recognise good music!!--They might be a small minority,but,aren't we all?----Bless the teens and their smart choices.---NOW!!,--let's see some more posts from you WISE young folks!!!!!----Cheers to the future torchbearers!!!!

SallyKhatru
08-27-2003, 10:48 AM
Thanks illusion for the tips. Iīll email some of them.
BTW why do you want to sit alone on your playne ride:-)?

bdyescall:

Itīs not that I want the young yesfans to be treated differently, I just want to learn from people my age, how they found YES.
I hope you didnīt get that wrong.
And I wanted to know if they have friends in their area who love yes too.
Because i have to say that there next to my dad and my godfather thereīs noone here in my region.

Well thank you all. This has already been very good for me to start that new thread. I learned a lot.
Hop e you enjoy posting

bdyescall
08-27-2003, 07:18 PM
Hi Sally Khatru!!!---A Big pleasure to talk to you and to hear your thoughts!!!!---When I said the teeners or youngers shouldn't be treated diferently on their interest in YES, I mean that out of the ultimate respect.---If I had the opportunity to meet again with YESpeople regionally, I wouldn't hesitate to pass that up!!!-----Young or old doesn't make a difference!!--It's the common interest in YES music that matters.---Found that out in Chicago, and you won't find a finer bunch of people to hang with!!!------I'M ON YOUR SIDE HERE!!---Don't make me come to Germany to prove it!!!---Cuz I will!!----Keep posting your inputs and Welcome!!!---BE good!!, and talk to you soon.---Brent

SallyKhatru
08-29-2003, 10:45 AM
Hi bdyescall,

sorry it seems here I got you wrong in the first place, well thatīs because Iīm not as good in english as Iīd like to be:-)
Iīm looking forward to the next concert. I hope thereīll be at least one here in germany. Then Iīll have the chance to make new friends I can meet sometimes, and Iīll have the chance to tell them about how cool yesfans.com is. maybe then youīll have some more with an english full of mistakes liek mine. I hope you still enjoy reading:-)

seems we joined the side at the same time:-)
How did you find that side? And how did you come to YES?
have a nice day

sally