PDA

View Full Version : luv the new yesfans logo

yesyadda
08-05-2003, 10:19 PM
good job!

STARRSHIP TROOPER
08-05-2003, 11:18 PM
Yea I'm realy compressed with it 2. Bold but simple. A great way to start the day. whoever came up with it , great job!
Starrship Trooper:thumbup:

spedblavio
08-05-2003, 11:47 PM
I like it too.

When this first came up, my first thought was that I liked the existing logo and thought why change it?

When I saw some of the candidates, I thought they were very well done but somehow they didn't "click" for me as logos for this site.

But when I first saw it "live" up there at the top of the page, I loved it!

Dantalion Rides Again
08-06-2003, 01:00 AM
Looks fantastic! Like it better than the old one. Very ABWH-covery. Can I say that?

upbgirl
08-06-2003, 01:26 AM
BUT, i like it too!!
it's all green and vine-y like a roger dean jungle.. hehe

i noticed today that the grey sparkly yesfans.com banner didnt show up in the pictures..:stick:

time for another and we just HAPPEN to have green material, too!!:D
might get it done by april!!
[winters are L-o-n-g up here..];)
we still have to overhead projector, so..

off to try and be creative..:gok:

Sonoacustico
08-06-2003, 01:44 AM
Hey kathi,
maybe for the next convention you could bring a blank banner and then add the yesfans logo digitally :D hehehehehe
;)

greetings from Chile!

Claudio

gathernear
08-06-2003, 02:03 AM
I love it. It would make a nice shirt or sticker.

Larry

yesyadda
08-06-2003, 04:19 AM
Wow- had no idea there was a contest to design new logo! Shows how much I read threads. :bash:

Sheerah
08-06-2003, 04:22 AM
I love the new logo!
Also, its no secret, I can't stand snakes, so I don't mind seeing the old logo go (sorry Relayer album cover fans).

I love all of this green!
Hey Tim, does this mean in the next election you'll be voting for the Green Party?:D

yessongs72
08-06-2003, 04:25 AM
It's different,that's what intrigues me with it.It's also close to waht my daighter was designing,so she's a day late and $20.00 short!But the good news with her it got her wearing tht Yes T-shirt I bought her and she was listening to Mag today,she'stwenty-three and I will eventually reform her,lol!

1yesfan
08-06-2003, 06:39 AM
Ahhhhh, no green party. Repub all the way! More logo's and site changes coming.

deelovesyes
08-06-2003, 08:43 AM
Love the new look,

I don't have the greenish one up, I have it set on the Blue one,

I like it alot

Dee

R'tanys
08-06-2003, 09:55 AM
Very sharp. Larry's right. It would look great on the shop aparrel.

Thoughtbecontact
08-06-2003, 10:04 AM
Love the new logo too, but will someone please tell me who designed it? I knew about the contest, but I've been too darned busy to read a whole bunch of threads--just keeping up with several. I'll be able to read more once the new computer arrives later this week. Yeah, yeah, new burner!

And there's more new graphics coming too? Good! The inside of this year's convention program was too grey, we could have used more graphics, but that was the best that could be done given that we did the booklet at the last minute. More planning for next year.

donner
08-06-2003, 10:27 AM
Nice logo! Very dark and mysterious. That's a good thing.

SallyKhatru
08-24-2003, 12:24 PM
Youīre right itīs mysterios, but dark??? Should a Yeslogo be dark????
I donīt think it looks dark and just can agree with all the others - good work.

Dances w/PURPLE
08-24-2003, 03:36 PM
YES?

Looks grand to be sure.

JJGeers
08-29-2003, 05:16 AM
Actually I've read this thread for some time following everyone's attempt figuring out who did this.

Yep, it was me. Tim asked me to do some different versions and now I'm working on these logo's with a .com extension.

I'm glad everybody likes it!

I'll make it up to you Dances, I'll design a purple version as well, and ask Tim to create a style set ok?

Best regards,

Jasper Joppe Geers

1yesfan
08-29-2003, 06:33 AM
JJ's stuff is great! KEEP IT COMING!

JJGeers
09-18-2003, 03:56 PM
Surprise...

I've finished three new logo's for Tim on this site. Apart from that I'd decided to work on some purple versions.

Have a nice day!

Jasper Joppe Geers

JJGeers
09-18-2003, 03:58 PM
next one...

JJGeers
09-18-2003, 03:59 PM
last one.

Hope you like them...

1yesfan
09-18-2003, 04:25 PM
These are WONDERFULL JJ. Thanks much for the great logo's. The site is a better place with them!

SallyKhatru
09-19-2003, 01:19 PM
They really look fantastic. Iīd like to be able to create logoīs like these.
Great work JJ, no doubt.
I love those new ones. keep on doing great things like that.
can you get a program from the internet for free?

SisterBluebird
09-22-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by SallyKhatru

can you get a program from the internet for free?

These look to me like they were made with Photoshop or Illustrator, and no they are definitely not free ;-|. But so much fun to use!

I'd love to hear Jasper share a little bit about how he created these beautiful logos - without divulging any professional secrets of course.

And I look forward to being able to buy a shirt or two (or three) with the new logo - a new bumpersticker would be great too!

JJGeers
09-22-2003, 03:20 PM
Indeed it is a lot of Adobe software that I use, but not just that. It is also a lot of handcrafted backgrounds done with al kinds of media..

It depends on what I like to do of course, some media are great to use when you need opaque surfaces, other can be used for their transparency... And then again you have the water based media and water resistant media. Something that you can use very effectively...

The typefaces have been created most with illustrator. Sometimes I try using freehand, but illustrator is definitely the software to use...

If you want to know more, I'd suggest you check out the Up Close section at the Roger Dean site. I put several reviews on several images right there and some of them contain some technic info...

But yet, Roger Dean's art and style is not exactly Bob ross I can tell you that!!

Check out:

http://www.rogerdean.co.uk/upclose/index.htm

Best Wishes,

Jasper Joppe Geers

Dances w/PURPLE
09-22-2003, 04:34 PM
I herebye request the change of the current logo to PURPLE!!!

It rocks! Thanks Jasper. Wow.

deelovesyes
09-24-2003, 08:33 AM
I love the purple ones too.

Right now I am using the blueish purple 1, but since its not the default 1, I don't have the quick reply feature and stuff.

So I would love the default 1 to be 1 of those hreat purple ones

Dee