PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Oliver Wakeman!

luvyesmusic
04-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Since you made it official, Oliver, I want to once again thank you for your contributions and participation in my favorite band/entity, known as YES. You helped bring the band out of the mothballs with class and professionalism and in doing so, once again, as a huge fan of the music, helped bring me and thousands of others, immense joy.

I was at one of your first shows and have been impressed how the band improved and jelled over these last couple of years/tours and I can say without a doubt it has been a privilege and honor to see/hear you play, your contributions to the band and to meet you. I had the dubious distinction of being at your last YES-show in Washington d.c. but to me it was an honor. Hold your head high! For better or worse, you have rightfully increased your fanbase. I tip my hat and raise a glass to you, good sir, and look forward to you touring in one form or another, sometime in the future.

Altres
04-06-2011, 02:56 PM
I'd like to say a big thank you to Oliver, too. He was really gracious and engaging when I met him in Edinburgh and he played fantastically that night in the Usher Hall.

Brian

Camphire
04-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Thanks for helping Yes-Music to continue. I was so looking forward to your writing contributions on the next Yes record.

While I am disappointed at your departure from Yes I do look forward to your next project with Oliver Wakeman Band (and possibly Strawbs?)
You are a brilliant musician in your own right as well as a credit to your family name.

Warmest Regards
and all the best for the future.
X

Jackaranda
04-06-2011, 03:30 PM
I saw you three times Oliver, and you were absolutely great. I personally hate that you won't be in the band any more. Thanks for helping to rekindle the flame.

barra1
04-06-2011, 03:48 PM
thank you Oliver , met him back stage in Edinburgh, very friendly guy and also saw 4 shows in North America , enjoyed his playing very much , remember when your keyboards 'died' in Detroit , laughed when he said he was not going to mime.

best of luck for the future

future timer
04-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Oliver is a class act and deserved better! Funny with all these band arguments I rarely heard his name mentioned.

tardistraveler
04-06-2011, 04:35 PM
My thanks to Oliver for taking dad's keys and making them his own . . . I enjoyed the Nashville performance I saw, and wish only the best for the future! You have a fan here . . . :D

rphheather
04-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Thanks, Oliver, for keeping the Yes flame alive, your wonderful playing and warm smile.

You've gained a fan here :cheers:

KoniraThax
04-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Thank you so much for the support, Oliver. I'm glad I got to meet you when I had the chance - and see you twice. I enjoyed your contrubution to keeping the band going these past four years.

chipperoo
04-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Thanks Oliver! Best of luck in your future endeavors.

rePete
04-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Many thanks, Oliver.

And Rob: You're a class act.

somissound
04-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Cheers to Oliver :cheers:

Cool dude, great keyboard player...

relayeire
04-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Much respect for Oliver! Thank you very much for all the great music you made with Yes. You will be missed.

relayerjim
04-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Thanks, Oliver! I really enjoyed the show last Saturday in AC.
...you'll be back

abwh1234
04-07-2011, 03:15 AM
Thank you Oliver

YESWORLD have changed the members now

A little word of appreciation mught have helped ?????

Steve Mahoney
04-07-2011, 05:40 AM
Good luck Oliver,disappointed I may never get to see you play in Yes.But thanks for the live gigs you gave to those who did get to see you.

A Venture
04-07-2011, 06:26 AM
I'd like to say a big thank you to Oliver, too. He was really gracious and engaging when I met him in Edinburgh and he played fantastically that night in the Usher Hall.

Brian

Ditto; I met Oliver at Hammersmith and his modesty and humility at simply being appreciated on stage was refreshing and an absolute delight. I would also say the same for Benoit - let's not forget that they both stepped in where others may have feared to tred.

I hope you enjoyed it Oliver as much as we did. I do think you have a receptive audience for your next work.

A Venture

Internaut
04-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Thank you Oliver for being there,for keeping the music of YES alive for the past 3 years. Be proud of your achievements and of all the positive feedback and for all the new found respect you have received from so many people that didn't "know" you before you flew the YES flag. As a long time fan of your solo career, I am optimistic that some of your new fans will take a closer look and listen at your own work (and the two with Clive and the one with Steve), they will be impressed!

The good ship YES stayed afloat for the past three years with your help. You added grace, dignity, and a healthy respect for the MUSIC. Without a younger generation playing the music, it will just fade away... Imagine if the music of Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Stravinsky, etc. just faded away???

TNyesfan
04-07-2011, 10:07 AM
Oliver is one of the most personable and warm people I've ever met. My daughters were so charmed by you.

Thank you for being our keys player and for touring. We had some great times at the concerts you played!

And oh yeah, you rule on Southside!!!

Whitefish
04-09-2011, 05:38 AM
Thank you indeed Oliver!

chrismonk
04-10-2011, 04:28 AM
I wish Oliver Wakeman well for the future. He did a spectacular job for Yes on the last UK tour and it's a real shame he won't be on the next Yes studio album. Whatever the reasons for his departure it certainly wasn't because of a lack of talent.

smatt
04-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Thanks You Oliver for your work with Yes over the last 3 years. It was a rough road at times fro you stepping into the situations you did. You endured, and you went out and performed every night. It took a lot of gutts for you to step into the situation you did. But you stepped up and played not onyl your Dad's wonderful contributions to the Yes music we all love but also Geoffs, Tony's, and even a little bit Pat Moraz's and even Trevor Rabin's!

Awesome job dude, I can't imagine having to fill those shoes up on stage.... Good luck to you in future, whether it be in Yes, on your own, or what have you.

Thanks for all the fun at the shows! :clap:

Peace to you! :smurf:

Andersonic
04-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Cheers Oliver, see you around! Thanks for help keeping the band going...you rock!

profusion
04-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Thank you Oliver, for doing a wonderful job in what must have occasionally been trying circumstances. Good luck with your new projects. Hopefully you can leverage this stint playing with Yes into further high-profile gigs. You are certainly deserving of it.

JaneEyre
04-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Thank you, Oliver!

I'm sorry Marge never seduced you. :(

velvet sailor
04-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Erm.. Thank you, Yes! ...for actually listening to the air checks. Oliver had his moments, but not enough for me.