PDA

View Full Version : Jon in Austin !!

Relayer56
08-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Even though Jon's web site doesn't show the Austin tickets as on sale they are. I just snagged two in row G.

We'll be seeing everyone in Dallas too!

ChuckSplatt
08-10-2010, 09:17 PM
I found out about this from a coworker who likes prog but isn't as big of a Yes fan as I am. I was surprised! I really should be on top of this stuff. Me and him bought tickets. Who else around here is planning to show up?

Yes.2
08-10-2010, 10:15 PM
I'll probably be at this show as well as the Dallas show....

ChuckSplatt
08-11-2010, 03:47 AM
That's great Dom! I'll look forward to seeing you. You still have my number?

Wild Westie
08-11-2010, 05:33 AM
Darn it! Darn it! I want to see Jon in Austin! I have family there too. Can't get time off from work and don't have the money. DARN IT!

djcub
09-08-2010, 04:54 PM
I was considering going, a way to even out having seen the current incarnation, I figured I would give Jon his props. I drove to Austin last month to see Bob Dylan, so maybe I would give this a whirl. I am looking forward to the dvd he and Wakeman will put out later after their tour together! Should I wait for that?

ChuckSplatt
09-13-2010, 01:45 AM
So who is officially coming? Maybe we can meet for a dinner before hand? My coworker and I are trying to pick a place. Dom?

bemore
09-13-2010, 03:16 AM
Hey Relayer, I'm in Row G too!! See you there. I'm driving in from Houston. I'm with DJCub - needed to balance out having seen "Yes,Jr." back in February. I'm super pumped about this. Been playing "Olias" constantly.

bemore
09-15-2010, 09:04 AM
I've just seen the future of YES - and it is quite simply - Jon - alone - on stage - one guitar - one voice - that's all you need. What a magical, extraordinary night in Austin. It was everything I had hoped it would be. Thank you, Jon.

Yes.2
09-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Well as it turns out I'm in Denver with all my peeps....Sucks I couldn't make this show! Phuck!!!!! See y'all in Dallas Tomorrow!!! Party at the lakewood!

SOM
09-17-2010, 04:19 PM
First post!

I was at the Austin show, my first Jon solo show. I've seen Yes maybe 10 times or so in various incarnations. Twice with Benoit. I have to say, Austin's performance was utterly charming. Jon's voice was great, as angelic as ever. He did not shy away from the high notes (well, they're kind of *all* high notes!). As others have said, it is a brave thing to do such stripped-down versions of such epic songs. Some were pulled off better than others. I especially liked Sweet Dreams, the "talks by the river" section of Starship Trooper, and Soon. Oh, and To The Runner, of course! I liked a lot of the new songs as well.

As others have mentioned, he isn't the greatest musician, but he provided adequate accompaniment for his voice. Above all, though, it's JON ANDERSON, and his charm and spirit shine through. His stories were great, and often hilarious. And he never veered too far into rainbows and unicorns land. At one point he talked about dying twice and being saved, and "how amazing it is to be saved" and I'm thinking, here comes some metaphysical near-death experience story, and he continues: "especially when you're saved by the ambulance people, they're just amazing..." Ha! Sometimes I think he's a lot more down to earth than his fans make him out to be.

Anyway, all in all an amazing night. One of the the most amazing parts was on the way out....my 17 year old son Max has become quite the Yes fan and has never seen Jon. When we left the theatre he was *literally* in tears. We ran down to the stage for the last song (an acapella version of Boundaries) and, as Max put it, he had a "moment". Awesome.

Almost forgot....I recorded the show and am happy with the results. I'll post it to Dime in the next week or so....

Andersonic
09-17-2010, 06:11 PM
First post!

I was at the Austin show, my first Jon solo show. I've seen Yes maybe 10 times or so in various incarnations. Twice with Benoit. I have to say, Austin's performance was utterly charming. Jon's voice was great, as angelic as ever. He did not shy away from the high notes (well, they're kind of *all* high notes!). As others have said, it is a brave thing to do such stripped-down versions of such epic songs. Some were pulled off better than others. I especially liked Sweet Dreams, the "talks by the river" section of Starship Trooper, and Soon. Oh, and To The Runner, of course! I liked a lot of the new songs as well.

As others have mentioned, he isn't the greatest musician, but he provided adequate accompaniment for his voice. Above all, though, it's JON ANDERSON, and his charm and spirit shine through. His stories were great, and often hilarious. And he never veered too far into rainbows and unicorns land. At one point he talked about dying twice and being saved, and "how amazing it is to be saved" and I'm thinking, here comes some metaphysical near-death experience story, and he continues: "especially when you're saved by the ambulance people, they're just amazing..." Ha! Sometimes I think he's a lot more down to earth than his fans make him out to be.

Anyway, all in all an amazing night. One of the the most amazing parts was on the way out....my 17 year old son Max has become quite the Yes fan and has never seen Jon. When we left the theatre he was *literally* in tears. We ran down to the stage for the last song (an acapella version of Boundaries) and, as Max put it, he had a "moment". Awesome.

Almost forgot....I recorded the show and am happy with the results. I'll post it to Dime in the next week or so....

welcome on board the Yesfans ship! Great first post and great news on the Dime announcement, I'm waiting...

Gray Trees
10-15-2010, 12:58 AM

...great news on the Dime announcement, I'm waiting...

My oldest daughter is somewhat of a YES and JON fan and went with me to the Dallas show. She's not quite to the point of having "a moment" but does enjoy seeing him.

I'd love to get a copy of what you recorded in Austin, but plead ignorant in Dime matters. Any word yet? A link?