PDA

View Full Version : Members list - sort order(s)

JohnWC
08-08-2001, 08:59 PM
Hi Tim,
I am a relatively new user on the site, but I thought it would be nice to have a members list sorted by location. I realize that it may be difficult (maybe even useless) because not everyone likes to disclose their whereabouts, but it would be handy if one wanted to contact Yesfans in their "neck of the woods" to plan a pre-concert event.

I am constantly amazed by Yes fans. They are commited, unified, and passionate about the work of this astonishing group of musicians. I have looked at other "band" pages on the net, but I don't get the feeling that they garner the emotion that "WE" (the Yes Community) have about Yes.

I hate to admit it, but we are .....YESFANatical!

Till later..... John

08-11-2001, 02:47 PM
I think that's a great idea. Since we no longer have the community offered by the media--as we once did when Yes was a pervasive element on the radio--it would be nice to know who is nearby geographically so we don't always wear out our friends on the wonders of Yes. My poor friends and co-workers know all the news about Yes and not always to their liking--but what's a Yes fan to do? Except come here and type...

1yesfan
08-17-2001, 10:47 PM
Let me see what I can do. Right now I do not know anything in this site software that can do this for me. i may have to make something up. For now one may jsut have to post a thread askin gfolks to reply to it that live near you. Heck i do not know, ha ha ha

BrianD
09-26-2002, 07:09 AM
Tim

Just asked the same question about sorting by location over a year later - any progress on the issue?

Would be great to find all my Oz and kiwi Yesfans easily!