PDA

View Full Version : This is going to be Great!

Apollo 77
10-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Like everyone else I've questioned motives and decisions of members past and present, worried about health issues of these guys and (selfishly) wondered when I'd ever get my next (another?) live YES fix. Now that it's nearly upon us, I can hardly wait. Tonight I (belatedly!) got my first glimpse of Benoit and Oliver onstage when I clicked on to the You Tube performances of HOTS and Machine Messiah on Benoit's 'My Space'. Boy, that was some performance! Not just the new guys, but Steve, Chris and Alan all seemed to be on fire.
If you are against this line-up then fine, don't go, but give them a listen on these videos before deciding. YES have been an ever-changing entity since their inception, despite our much-loved Classic Line-Up, and this is the latest team. I'm on record as saying that I wasn't the greatest fan of the YESwest era, but it's part of their history and it is to be remembered and cherished. I'm confident that this latest version will produce not only a great tour, but will give us some much desired new music next year.
I intend to wear two YES shirts at the Edinburgh gig (well, it is cold here in Scotland!), my original GFTO Tour shirt and my shirt from the DRAMA tour since they will be playing some of that stuff.
Once again, I strongly urge those who are in two minds to grab a ticket fast - there aren't too many left. I promise you that 'It'll Be A Good Day'!

relayeire
10-26-2009, 04:51 PM
Like everyone else I've questioned motives and decisions of members past and present, worried about health issues of these guys and (selfishly) wondered when I'd ever get my next (another?) live YES fix. Now that it's nearly upon us, I can hardly wait. Tonight I (belatedly!) got my first glimpse of Benoit and Oliver onstage when I clicked on to the You Tube performances of HOTS and Machine Messiah on Benoit's 'My Space'. Boy, that was some performance! Not just the new guys, but Steve, Chris and Alan all seemed to be on fire.
If you are against this line-up then fine, don't go, but give them a listen on these videos before deciding. YES have been an ever-changing entity since their inception, despite our much-loved Classic Line-Up, and this is the latest team. I'm on record as saying that I wasn't the greatest fan of the YESwest era, but it's part of their history and it is to be remembered and cherished. I'm confident that this latest version will produce not only a great tour, but will give us some much desired new music next year.
I intend to wear two YES shirts at the Edinburgh gig (well, it is cold here in Scotland!), my original GFTO Tour shirt and my shirt from the DRAMA tour since they will be playing some of that stuff.
Once again, I strongly urge those who are in two minds to grab a ticket fast - there aren't too many left. I promise you that 'It'll Be A Good Day'!

I'd give anything to be back in Edinburgh to see any lineup of Yes - cold be damned. Having seen the current roster twice, I can tell you the Drama stuff really rocks. Hope you enjoy the show!

InverYes
10-26-2009, 04:55 PM
I'm really looking forward to it too.

In a strange way, the fact that Jon and Rick aren't there actually makes it that bit more interesting.

Also looking forward to hearing Drama material sung by Benoit.

True Believer
10-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Benoit sings the Drama material sooooooooooo well! And everything else!

relayeire
10-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Benoit sings the Drama material sooooooooooo well! And everything else!

Oliver does a sweet job on the keys, too.

stevie
10-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Tonight I (belatedly!) got my first glimpse of Benoit and Oliver onstage when I clicked on to the You Tube performances of HOTS and Machine Messiah on Benoit's 'My Space'. Boy, that was some performance! Not just the new guys, but Steve, Chris and Alan all seemed to be on fire.

I had to have a look at this since you metioned it and it is great. Both tracks soung great but especially Machine Messiah there seem to be a few nice added touchs to this song in particular. Anyway just watching these clips has fired me up even more for the concerts I'll be attending in just 3 weeks and a few days.
Can't wait!

Simon B
10-27-2009, 01:33 PM
My excitement is mounting too - some of you know what I'm like when I get excited!! I will be wearing my sleeveless shirt and showing off my Yes Tattoo!! (see my profile if you haven't seen it before - no, not you above this post - I know you've all seen it!!)

JaneEyre
10-27-2009, 01:39 PM

You'll have a great time! :headset:

Original_Shifty
10-27-2009, 04:53 PM
I'd give anything to be back in Edinburgh to see any lineup of Yes - cold be damned. Having seen the current roster twice, I can tell you the Drama stuff really rocks. Hope you enjoy the show!

It's not really Yes you know. Nope. Na-ah. No way.

relayeire
10-27-2009, 04:59 PM
It's not really Yes you know. Nope. Na-ah. No way.

You're just jealous because Canada is like Scotland-Lite.

True Believer
10-27-2009, 05:04 PM
My excitement is mounting too - some of you know what I'm like when I get excited!! I will be wearing my sleeveless shirt and showing off my Yes Tattoo!! (see my profile if you haven't seen it before - no, not you above this post - I know you've all seen it!!)

I love it when you get excited, Simon! :bncy:

relayeire
10-27-2009, 05:08 PM

Did someone show him food?

Sheerah
10-28-2009, 03:11 PM

I love when you say "mounting." :hearts:

Simon B
10-29-2009, 08:39 AM

Did someone show him food?

I love when you say "mounting." :hearts:

Now I am horny as well as excited!!!!!!! :hearts: