PDA

View Full Version : Yes live in Germany, but...

Wakey's #1 Fan
07-23-2009, 01:34 PM
a few dates for Germany, for everyone who's interested:

Sa 07.11.2009 Bamberg Jako Arena

So 08.11.2009 Karlsruhe Schwarzwaldhalle

Do 03.12.2009 Braunschweig Stadthalle

Fr 04.12.2009 Kempten Big Box

Sa 05.12.2009 Erfurt Messehalle

Mo 07.12.2009 München Philharmonie

Di 08.12.2009 Düsseldorf Philipshalle

http://www.modernewelt.de/index.php?id=4&tx_moweconcert_pi1%5BshowUid%5D=179&no_cache=1 (http://www.modernewelt.de/index.php?id=4&tx_moweconcert_pi1%5BshowUid%5D=179&no_cache=1)

(I thought I have to pass this on from the German forum)

Now to the "but" part...I won't go. I have a few reasons, the first one is I will have a special guest at home this December. I will try to make his visit comfortable and that's why I'm already saving my money for his stay. So, it's because of the price, I don't think I can afford so many things. Especially not with the crazy prices in Munich. Second problem, I don't have a car and Munich is 2:30 h away from here. The last train home from Munich would go at around 8pm. So no chance...and I also won't pay for a hotel there, the city is famous for the most ridiculous prices here. And my third reason (I think you all know it...) there won't be no Rick and no Jon.

But maybe somebody here on the site would like to go, that's why I let you know about the dates.

yes75
07-23-2009, 01:44 PM
if I only had money..

Wakey's #1 Fan
07-23-2009, 01:45 PM
if I only had money..
then you also couldn't afford staying in Munich! ;)

yes75
07-23-2009, 01:47 PM
then you also couldn't afford staying in Munich! ;)

I wish..
I gotta go to Germany some day!!

Lulu Mortice
07-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Is the Jugendherberger (I hope I got the spelling right) still there in Munich? I stayed there many years ago, it was fine - and cheap too.

Melissa
07-24-2009, 05:31 AM
Sorry you won't be seeing them, Nina. I know you'd enjoy the show, and especially seeing Oliver.

InverYes
07-24-2009, 05:59 AM
Is the Jugendherberger (I hope I got the spelling right) still there in Munich? I stayed there many years ago, it was fine - and cheap too.

Just what I was going to say too. It's a very nice one if I remember rightly.

Wakey's #1 Fan
07-24-2009, 07:48 AM
Die Jugendherberge, I don't know if it's still there, there might be a few of them, but also the train ticket isn't cheap...I really can't make it, I need all my money for the visit.

jomo
07-26-2009, 06:41 PM
It´sad that you won´t support the band. You may live to regret not having seen them perform one more time. Yes are not just Jon or just Rick , they are the music they have made and the way they have played it. All have their strengths and weaknesses within the band and without it.
I am going to these concerts because, for just a blink of an eye in the history of music, the genius that is Yes, are going to do something that is uniquely theirs : Perform Yes music live. I know from experience, when I´m there, all my petty concerns will melt away to the first lilting tones of The Firebird. I have been a fan since I was 12, and I´ve stuck with them through it all...

ps: I will also be supporting Man Utd this year again - even though Ronaldo won´t be there. As ( the manager ) Ferguson said " No one individual is bigger than the team" and the same applies to Yes as far as i´m concerned.

Lulu Mortice
07-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Die Jugendherberge, I don't know if it's still there, there might be a few of them, but also the train ticket isn't cheap...I really can't make it, I need all my money for the visit.

The one I went to was built for the Munich Olympics, it is very comfortable - and has hot water! Not all of them do - not good in the winter.

ladybugjt68
07-26-2009, 09:18 PM
SOOO who is the mysterious person visiting you NINA??? Enquiring minds want to know.....

illusion
07-26-2009, 09:38 PM
I was in Munich not too long ago and stayed in somewhere called "The Tent", which is basically a giant tent. Cost about 11 euro I think, maybe less. And that was for a bunk - it was even cheaper if you just wanted a sleeping bag and slept on the floor. And they serve beer by the litre. Good times!

illusion
07-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Having said that I don't blame you for not going. Don't think I'm bothering either.

tidewater
07-27-2009, 02:32 AM
SOOO who is the mysterious person visiting you NINA??? Enquiring minds want to know.....

Whoops ...I wouldn't bet it would be RICK......LOL

Wakey's #1 Fan
07-27-2009, 04:47 AM

Whoops ...I wouldn't bet it would be RICK......LOL
He's from the UK and a very good friend of mine, already an older guy, but that doesn't matter. He's very kind and made my biggest wish come true last November, but he's not a member of this site. Now you can guess :razz:

Wakey's #1 Fan
07-27-2009, 04:53 AM
It´sad that you won´t support the band. You may live to regret not having seen them perform one more time. Yes are not just Jon or just Rick , they are the music they have made and the way they have played it. All have their strengths and weaknesses within the band and without it.
I am going to these concerts because, for just a blink of an eye in the history of music, the genius that is Yes, are going to do something that is uniquely theirs : Perform Yes music live. I know from experience, when I´m there, all my petty concerns will melt away to the first lilting tones of The Firebird. I have been a fan since I was 12, and I´ve stuck with them through it all...

ps: I will also be supporting Man Utd this year again - even though Ronaldo won´t be there. As ( the manager ) Ferguson said " No one individual is bigger than the team" and the same applies to Yes as far as i´m concerned.

Hi Jomo,
I don't think you know me so well, but for me Rick something very special, I don't want to miss. I'm a Yesfan since I was 11, first listened to the band when I was 4. I have all albums except for Drama, because I didn't like it and then I sold it. I have never seen Yes live, but without Rick (and Jon, who's my favourite singer) I think I'm not able listening to songs played by other members without complaining. I like Steve, Chris and Alan (especially drawing them :winknudge ) but the three aren't worth it to pay so much money, which I really will need for my guest. I always have to count how much I have pay for things, if I can afford it or not.
I've seen Rick live, that was wonderful and much better than expected, but I enjoyed my Birthday with him much more, I also don't know why.

tub61
07-27-2009, 03:47 PM
I miss a Berlin date on the European tour - I got the money but not the time to attend a show futher away than Berlin , iam from Denmark and only 3 hours away with buss and boat from Berlin.

So pleas put a Berlin date on the European tour.