PDA

View Full Version : Jon Anderson Toronto Vip Experience

barra1
03-30-2008, 10:20 AM
Was I wrong to expect after purchasing a VIP ticket for this show at an additional cost of $30 that JA would drop in to the lounge.

It was advertised on his web site and at the venue and although no meet and greet was mentioned it was taken as a givin by the majority of the 20 or so of us who purchased the 'experience'

For our $30 we got 2 drinks and hot and cold horsderves, but no JA nor contact from his management .

It was pleasant listening to other peoples experiences regarding JA and YES.

Even after show tried to get 2 prints of JA's art work purchased pre show signed , his manager PS replied 'not a chance'

Brilliant show , concentrated on his Yes work, highlights for me

Sate of Inderpendance
Sooner or later
Richard? from aborted post Tormato sessions

loved the show but still baffled by the VIP experience

yesyadda
03-30-2008, 10:26 AM
Sounds like a good time nonetheless. Yeah meeting Jon w/have been icing on cake.

Fly By Light
03-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Was I wrong to expect after purchasing a VIP ticket for this show at an additional cost of $30 that JA would drop in to the lounge.

It was advertised on his web site and at the venue and although no meet and greet was mentioned it was taken as a givin by the majority of the 20 or so of us who purchased the 'experience'

For our $30 we got 2 drinks and hot and cold horsderves, but no JA nor contact from his management .

It was pleasant listening to other peoples experiences regarding JA and YES.

Even after show tried to get 2 prints of JA's art work purchased pre show signed , his manager PS replied 'not a chance'

Brilliant show , concentrated on his Yes work, highlights for me

Sate of Inderpendance
Sooner or later
Richard? from aborted post Tormato sessions

loved the show but still baffled by the VIP experience

Did you get preferential seating? In my past experience, a VIP seat is usually a front center seat or a seat in a preferred section. I never assume I'll be part of a meet n greet unless it say so specifically. Did your VIP package mention anything about a meet n greet w/Jon?

Hopefully the food & drinks helped make thinks a little more worthwhile.

I'm sorry you didn't get to meet Jon, but I'm glad you enjoyed the show :-).

Mind Driver
03-30-2008, 12:31 PM
Steve is about the only one, in my experience, that will come out after a solo performance and sign autographs.

To Jon's credit, he was seen quite often in 2003 in front of venues with Rick signing autographs after a Yes show.

Jon spent most of the 2004 tour battling an illness. He can keep the chances of that happening down by avoiding crowds - especially crowds clamoring for his time/autograph.

MikeYESfan
03-30-2008, 12:34 PM
Sorry to hear, he wouldn't sign.
Were there a lot of people waiting?
Or maybe he's exhausted from all the shows?

Maybe he was thinking..
One down 1 to go, another town and ONE more show.
and it's vacation time ;)

Peace

barra1
03-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Did you get preferential seating? In my past experience, a VIP seat is usually a front center seat or a seat in a preferred section. I never assume I'll be part of a meet n greet unless it say so specifically. Did your VIP package mention anything about a meet n greet w/Jon?

Hopefully the food & drinks helped make thinks a little more worthwhile.

I'm sorry you didn't get to meet Jon, but I'm glad you enjoyed the show :-).

no preferential seating , my seat was bought through the venue and the VIP through Ticketmaster. There was no mention of a meet n greet but I suspect that the others there did expect something more 2 drinks + quiche, cheese etc even though that was technically what was in the ticket description.

For $30 each we could have had 2 drinks + a meal in a nearby bar.

Interestingly no School of Rock kids either although that was advertised on JA's website.

barra1
03-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Sorry to hear, he wouldn't sign.
Were there a lot of people waiting?
Or maybe he's exhausted from all the shows?

Maybe he was thinking..
One down 1 to go, another town and ONE more show.
and it's vacation time ;)

Peace

It is not something I have ever done before , but last night I went to the rear of the venue after the show with 5 other guys. When he came out he did look tired , he was very pleasant said hi , but no to signing anything , he shook one guys hand and left.

He did sign some stuff (2 items per person) after the sound check apparently

During the show he did mention he had had the flu recently.

I also know ebay is an issue with some artists and it can be hard to sort out the real fans from people trying to make money.

Fly By Light
03-30-2008, 03:40 PM
no preferential seating , my seat was bought through the venue and the VIP through Ticketmaster. There was no mention of a meet n greet but I suspect that the others there did expect something more 2 drinks + quiche, cheese etc even though that was technically what was in the ticket description.

For $30 each we could have had 2 drinks + a meal in a nearby bar.

Interestingly no School of Rock kids either although that was advertised on JA's website.

Doesn't sound like a good deal at all! You'd think you would at least get a great seat for the extra cash. I'll be wary of these VIP deals in the future.

Yes_Fan_4_Life26
03-30-2008, 04:27 PM
He did sign some stuff (2 items per person) after the sound check apparently

What time did he start signing a-roundabout? We didn't get in the venue until like around 7:50, so it was probably a bit before that time I guess.

One question: where were you sitting?

Yes_Fan_4_Life26
03-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Another thing that should be there (or in future Yes-related shows) is a YesFans.com corner. I mean we have a couple of people that have a flag or posting where all the YesFans meet up and say hi in person or whatever.

barra1
03-30-2008, 07:57 PM
What time did he start signing a-roundabout? We didn't get in the venue until like around 7:50, so it was probably a bit before that time I guess.

One question: where were you sitting?

row m seat 25 on an aisle right side, good view