PDA

View Full Version : Jon in Québec March 2008

daniel sylvain
01-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Jon will be in St-Jean sur Richelieu in the province of Quebec , Canada.
I can confirm this since I just got 4 tickets for the venue.
Spring will come early ...St-Jean is few minutes away on the south shore of Montreal..Small but very warm place to be on saturday the 22nd of march..
I'll bring more details has they will come in.....Yes,,,,yes,,,,yes,,,,,That is what I said when I found out that this was not a joke..

Sheerah
01-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Looks like that 2008 Yes tour is looking less and less likely.

True Believer
01-03-2008, 07:11 PM
To Jon: Please stop with the solo stuff and get Yes back on the frickin' road!

Yours disgustedly

The Yes Groupie

daniel sylvain
01-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Looks like that 2008 Yes tour is looking less and less likely.

I would not say that, **planning is always done when you meet people live..I think Jon will be the link for a 40th anniversary show here in Quebec...There will be talk about that for sure...Jon was here last year with Rick in front of a 80,000++ crowd...WE'll be on the list for a last Yes tour..
I still believe that we have very good chances to see them before the end of 2008, somehow during the gigantic 400th anniversary' festivities of the city of Quebec...40th and 400th matches very well..We could draw a 100,000 people that time if done during the summer festival...I want to keep hoping..

Sheerah
01-03-2008, 07:31 PM
I would not say that, **planning is always done when you meet people live..I think Jon will be the link for a 40th anniversary show here in Quebec...There will be talk about that for sure...Jon was here last year with Rick in front of a 80,000++ crowd...WE'll be on the list for a last Yes tour..
I still believe that we have very good chances to see them before the end of 2008, somehow during the gigantic 400th anniversary' festivities of the city of Quebec...40th and 400th matches very well..We could draw a 100,000 people that time if done during the summer festival...I want to keep hoping..

I was just thinking, Daniel, that if they plan to start touring this summer, that they should be rehearsing and putting together set lists and such by March.

RickyG
01-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Come on guys, I dare say that you are just being plain foolish and lacking in clear perspective with your Jon bashing!!

Steve is going to be on the road with ASIA for the entire month of April and almost half of May.

Alan's got a CIRCA gig on May 3rd.

So Jon announces a show in March and it's all his fault???
(And his fault for what I don't know.)

YES will probably take only two weeks to rehearse.

There is no way that will happen before mid-May. (Unless Steve comes to his senses and quits ASIA!! :sneaky: )

Jon's March gig is GOOD for YES because it keeps him in practice and in front of an audience.

Yea for Jon!! Please do some more gigs while you are out on the East Coast.
I hope he plans to come down my way for a gig after Quebec!

(PS - they can put the set list together over lunch.)

daniel sylvain
01-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Come on guys, I dare say that you are just being plain foolish and lacking in clear perspective with your Jon bashing!!

Steve is going to be on the road with ASIA for the entire month of April and almost half of May.

There is no way that will happen before mid-May. (Unless Steve comes to his senses and quits ASIA!! :sneaky: )

Jon's March gig is GOOD for YES because it keeps him in practice and in front of an audience.

Everyone working on their on their own is just fine for it keep the spirit alive .It's been that way since the beginning anyway..All the fans who has the chance to see any of the guys is better promotion than standing still until they have nothing else to do but getting together again after so many years..They all have successfull carreer on their own but they all know that it's even better when they meet as a team..It is somehow the kind of work in progress that served me well for the past so many years..I got more out of Yes during the past 10 years than ever before..No I will not be decieved, I will be cheering for Jon until the next Yes piece of music comes out..

daniel sylvain
01-03-2008, 08:55 PM
I was just thinking, Daniel, that if they plan to start touring this summer, that they should be rehearsing and putting together set lists and such by March.

It took Rick only few weeks to put up the Return to the center of the earth in Quebec summer of 2006 which was in for many point of view the best show they've ever seen ..It was said that this was the greatest show in the history of Quebec city , the greatest ever produced...
I am so hopeful that it is still very much possible that Yes will be back,,I'm willing to hang on to any sign that will provide this event to come up before the end of 2008.
But I also believe that new material is needed for the fans..

daniel sylvain
01-03-2008, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=True Believer;1370075]To Jon: Please stop with the solo stuff and get Yes back on the frickin' road!

I've never seen Jon in solo tour...now is the time..
I feel so lucky to have this chance now in 2008..
Any Yes member that will stop our way will see me planning..
Any Yes band reuniting will have me listening and enjoying.
Any Yes moment is a happening and sees me smiling..

Silent_wings
01-03-2008, 09:01 PM
I absolutly refuse to see Jon again until he plays with Yes.

daniel sylvain
01-03-2008, 09:05 PM

I never saw Jon on his own, so I can't refuse to see him, I longed for such moment..ever since Song of seven was released..

True Believer
01-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Much as I want Yes back on the road, if Jon was playing anywhere near me I'd have to see him.

I'd just have to.

Timmo
01-03-2008, 11:21 PM
I said that...and then I saw him.

True Believer
01-03-2008, 11:57 PM
I said that...and then I saw him.
Yeah, I remember you weren't too impressed ....

RickyG
01-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Yeah, I remember you weren't too impressed ....

I saw him in 2005 and I would not hesitate to go see him again.... as long as it wasn't a massive road trip to get there. (Though I could see how some Yesfans might not be too into it. One goes to a Jon show for the Voice and the Spirit and the Heart vibration, not for the technically advanced musicianship.)

I met Trudy at that show and she invited me to join Yesfans. The first and only forum I have ever joined. (Except AGP when this one was down.)

I wouldn't be here if it weren't for seeing Jon.
So you can either curse him or thank him for that, depending upon your perspective! ;)

Sheerah
01-04-2008, 02:17 AM

I'm not Jon bashing. I just think that it's perhaps an indication of his intention towards a tour with Yes.

See, that's a problem. They always start their shows out with so many glitches. They need to rehearse for two months, not two weeks.

That's true.

allpurechance
01-04-2008, 02:48 AM
[QUOTE=daniel sylvain;1370191]... I got more out of Yes during the past 10 years than ever before...[QUOTE]

:O)

Hey! Me, too!

(Actually, it's more like the last 12 - ish)

...and...
...And!...
...AND!!...

(LOL!)

...from 1973 to 1976, these guys changed this one's life, with Mere Music!

...so, the statement about the last 12 years should contain some significance...

(Gawd, they changed my life, AGAIN! ... lmaoOOOOOOoooooo ...

...I Love those guys...)

Melissa
01-04-2008, 07:34 AM
There are three other dates. This might be what the promoter of Wakeython told us about in August. He was thinking of some sort of master class/ performance type thing.

March 14, CENTRE CULTUREL DE JOLIETTE LANAUDIERE

March 18, RAOUL-JOBIN, PALAIS MONTCALM QUEBEC (REGION)

March 20 ANDRE-MATHIEU MONTREAL-LAVAL

Here's a Ticketmaster link.
http://www.admission.com/html/artist.htmI?l=EN&artist=JON+ANDERSON

I dunno if I can go! Can't buy tickets now - might not get "the phone call" till March - Heaven Forbid!

daniel sylvain
01-04-2008, 09:40 AM
There are three other dates. This might be what the promoter of Wakeython told us about in August. He was thinking of some sort of master class/ performance type thing.

I dunno if I can go! Can't buy tickets now - might not get "the phone call" till March - Heaven Forbid!

Thank you for the link Melissa, I just might add a couple dates then..

daniel sylvain
01-04-2008, 10:09 AM
I saw him in 2005 and I would not hesitate to go see him again.... as long as it wasn't a massive road trip to get there. (Though I could see how some Yesfans might not be too into it. One goes to a Jon show for the Voice and the Spirit and the Heart vibration, not for the technically advanced musicianship.)

I met Trudy at that show and she invited me to join Yesfans. The first and only forum I have ever joined. (Except AGP when this one was down.)

So you can either curse him or thank him for that, depending upon your perspective! ;)

Upon my perspective, I have to thank Jon in every possible way..

Fly By Light
01-04-2008, 10:59 AM

IMO, this would be the BEST way for Yes to kick off their 40th Anniversary tour. The 2 largest audiences I've every been a part of for Yesshows were in Montreal and Quebec in 1998. 100,000+ people... what a wonderful celebration it would be!!!

chris21125150
01-04-2008, 01:34 PM

Hey, wanna hear something cool? I was asked (through Youtube) by some music producer or coordinator in Quebec to play a couple of songs with Jon on stage when he comes to Quebec City in 2008. However, because I live on the West Coast of Canada, it won't work, since they wouldn't pay me or for my trip, just giving an opportunity to guitarists who are 'devoted' to Jon and Yes music, to play a couple of songs on stage with Jon. I guess it will only be for local guitarists. Isn't that cool? Too bad I don't live closer. I wish he would come to the west coast. :( :( :( It was still cool to be asked. :)

Fly By Light
01-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Hey, wanna hear something cool? I was asked (through Youtube) by some music producer or coordinator in Quebec to play a couple of songs with Jon on stage when he comes to Quebec City in 2008. However, because I live on the West Coast of Canada, it won't work, since they wouldn't pay me or for my trip, just giving an opportunity to guitarists who are 'devoted' to Jon and Yes music, to play a couple of songs on stage with Jon. I guess it will only be for local guitarists. Isn't that cool? Too bad I don't live closer. I wish he would come to the west coast. :( :( :( It was still cool to be asked. :)

Congratulations on being asked! What a HUGE honor!!

chris21125150
01-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Tell me about it! :) That's one to share with my grandkids one day. :) (I wonder who will be in YES then? ) :)

daniel sylvain
01-04-2008, 02:10 PM
IMO, this would be the BEST way for Yes to kick off their 40th Anniversary tour. The 2 largest audiences I've every been a part of for Yesshows were in Montreal and Quebec in 1998. 100,000+ people... what a wonderful celebration it would be!!!

Yes indeed, this would be great timing I think...Quebec 400th anniversary would be such great exposure for a return from Yes 40th anniversary..
The world would be watching..

MikeYESfan
01-04-2008, 03:35 PM

Hey Chris..just watching Mind Drive..

WOW FANTASTIC
love the kids

You Rock!!!!

chris21125150
01-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Hey Chris..just watching Mind Drive..

WOW FANTASTIC
love the kids

You Rock!!!!

Thanks Mike! :) Yah, the kiddies are cute. :) :)

Whitefish
01-04-2008, 06:12 PM
That's great. But this is more proof of Jon showing no signs of wanting to get Yes going again.

daniel sylvain
01-04-2008, 08:50 PM
That's great. But this is more proof of Jon showing no signs of wanting to get Yes going again.

I believe that Jon want Yes back more than anything now..I also believe that every single effort will be worth when the time come..One sure thing is that all the guys are still busy performing so to me it's a good sign..Noone has retired yet so far..Believing is helping me keeping the faith..

RickyG
01-04-2008, 09:10 PM

Sorry whitefish, I don't mean any disrespect but this remark of yours is entirely without merit.

It is proof of nothing, other than the fact that Jon still likes to perform, which is a good sign.

Once again, Steve is on the road with Asia for the entire month of April and about half of May.

So Jon isn't allowed to play 4 or 5 dates in March, and if he does it's "proof" that he doesn't want to do YES? Is he supposed to ONLY sit on his hands and wait for everyone else?

Simple logic people.... the months go March, April, May.
Based purely on publically posted schedules it is Steve that is holding up a reunion. And who knows what unpublished commitments they ALL have.

Somebody passed around the Anti-Jon Juice sometime ago and it seems people are still drinking it!

Jon has already said rather clearly that he wants to get YES together again. Steve, Chris and Jon have all talked about a Summer 2008 Tour.... what more do people expect?

Fly By Light
01-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Sorry whitefish, I don't mean any disrespect but this remark of yours is entirely without merit.

It is proof of nothing, other than the fact that Jon still likes to perform, which is a good sign.

Once again, Steve is on the road with Asia for the entire month of April and about half of May.

So Jon isn't allowed to play 4 or 5 dates in March, and if he does it's "proof" that he doesn't want to do YES? Is he supposed to ONLY sit on his hands and wait for everyone else?

Based purely on publically posted schedules it is Steve that is holding up a reunion. And who knows what unpublished commitments they ALL have.

Somebody passed around the Anti-Jon Juice sometime ago and it seems people are still drinking it!

Jon has already said rather clearly that he wants to get YES together again. Steve, Chris and Jon have all talked about a Summer 2008 Tour.... what more do people expect?

Amen!

daniel sylvain
01-05-2008, 09:06 AM

Amen as well

daniel sylvain
01-05-2008, 09:12 AM
If anyone is planning to come up to St_jean sur Richelieu on the 22nd of march, I have 2 great tickets ( free ) and a place to stay for the weekend.
I'd be happy to meet new Jon.s fan..
I'm looking forward to this venue, I see it as a sign that Yes WILL be back together soon..

DWStraile
01-05-2008, 11:46 AM
I disagree with the earlier post that states that Steve is holding up a Yestour. When ever has Steve done this - never - he always has wanted to tour with Yes. If Yes had made plans for April - May a reasonable amount of time ahead he would have been there, Yes makes no commitment so what is he suppose to do - sit around and do nothing?

Melissa
01-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Can we please not turn this thread about Jon's Quebec shows into a place to diatribe about who may or may not be holding up a Yes tour?

There are plenty of places here to express our opinions about that subject.

RickyG
01-05-2008, 01:56 PM
I disagree with the earlier post that states that Steve is holding up a Yestour. When ever has Steve done this - never - he always has wanted to tour with Yes. If Yes had made plans for April - May a reasonable amount of time ahead he would have been there, Yes makes no commitment so what is he suppose to do - sit around and do nothing?

Nobody is blaming Steve for holding up a YesTour!!
But Steve does have prior commitments.

Simply pointing out basic linear time and the absurdity of the "blame Jon" because I am not happy thought process.

Let's try this on for size:
No blame for anything and no problem.
Yes will play when (and if) it is time for Yes to play.
Celebrate everything they do!!!
Individually, collectively or in duets etc....
And if they do nothing, trust that nothing is the right thing and celebrate that!

Yes, I agree with Melissa.

Celebrate Jon's new gigs.
Joy to Jon.
And joy to you and me!!!
da-dun-dun :note:

daniel sylvain
01-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Can we please not turn this thread about Jon's Quebec shows into a place to diatribe about who may or may not be holding up a Yes tour?

There are plenty of places here to express our opinions about that subject.

I agree with you Melissa...This thread is about Jon's work solo tour, which always contains some work with Yes..I am so very happy that I will finally have the chance to see Jon in a solo tour..This is just my turn, since most of you guys have already experienced it at least once..If I could, I'd do a Jon O Thon and attend all 4 shows..just like you're last summer Wakey Thon across Quebec..You and Marge were fantastic..Thanks girls for showing me the way..lol..you two know what I mean..

DWStraile
01-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Sorry Melissa. I was just responding to an earlier thread. It seems like that is part of the purpose of this site. Don't think it was anywhere near the diatribe level.

daniel sylvain
01-06-2008, 08:56 AM

Melissa, thank you for finding those dates..I might be adding the 18th in Quebec..

Melissa
01-06-2008, 09:15 AM
I still could make one of those shows. I just have to see what happens with Dave's transplant.

I'm trying to get Marge to go with me!

daniel sylvain
01-06-2008, 09:32 AM
I still could make one of those shows. I just have to see what happens with Dave's transplant.

I'm trying to get Marge to go with me!

Wonderfull Melissa, please let me know of any developpement ..
I'll do my best to help you out if I can..I'll be going to Quebec and ST-Jean..
so far...might try for Jpliette as well..

daniel sylvain
01-06-2008, 09:37 AM
By the way Melissa, the Palais Montcalm is right next door to the Hilton you've been staying at last time you came up with Marge..Actually, only 2 steps from where you fell down on the street..glad you did not hurt yourself too much..this must be a sign...lol...catch you soon..

Whitefish
01-06-2008, 06:09 PM

Okay. Point taken. No problem. :beerchugr:

But Steve should not have to, nor be expected to, put his plans with Asia or his own solo material and shows on hold until Jon decides he wants to do a Yes reunion. I am definitely not "Anti-Jon", but I think he is stalling in getting Yes going in some form. I don't know why. Perhaps he feels Rick is not into doing Yes and he feels it is not Yes without Rick. I think it is excellent that everyone seems to be happy doing what they are doing even if it is not collectively as Yes. Circa, for example sounds very fresh.

Melissa
01-07-2008, 06:28 AM
By the way Melissa, the Palais Montcalm is right next door to the Hilton you've been staying at last time you came up with Marge..Actually, only 2 steps from where you fell down on the street..glad you did not hurt yourself too much..this must be a sign...lol...catch you soon..

You mean THIS Hilton LOL
[I took Dave to Quebec in October for his birthday and got this shot from the walk to the Plains of Abraham]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/capecodgal/Misc%20images%20for%20YF/100_0157.jpg

daniel sylvain
01-07-2008, 06:47 AM
You mean THIS Hilton LOL
[I took Dave to Quebec in October for his birthday and got this shot from the walk to the Plains of Abraham]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/capecodgal/Misc%20images%20for%20YF/100_0157.jpg

Exactly, this Hilton..Where Jon will be staying in march..
I saw a report yesterday evening about the place where Jon will be playing..According to the people that they were interviewing, this place is one of the best in the world for sound quality...It was specially build for musicians ...They can move the roof up and down to get the best sound quality possible..Every artist who plays there have to run sound test in order to ajust the roof to their own sound..It should be fantastic..

relayer_1
01-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Spring will come early ...Small but very warm place to be on saturday the 22nd of march..
I'll bring more details has they will come in.....Yes,,,,yes,,,,yes,,,,,That is what I said when I found out that this was not a joke..

"Warm" in Quebec during March? I have spent more than a few winters in Quebec and I can assure you that March is quite COLD there.

But for Jon, it should be a nice intimate gig.

My take on this is that Jon is enjoying his retirement from Yes. He deserves it, even though there are many fans in denial.

pedro skychaser
01-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Exactly, this Hilton..Where Jon will be staying in march..
I saw a report yesterday evening about the place where Jon will be playing..According to the people that they were interviewing, this place is one of the best in the world for sound quality...It was specially build for musicians ...They can move the roof up and down to get the best sound quality possible..Every artist who plays there have to run sound test in order to ajust the roof to their own sound..It should be fantastic..

jon is gunna raise the roof!!!!!!!!!!! :headset: :headset: :headset: :headset: :headset:

daniel sylvain
01-07-2008, 07:23 PM
"Warm" in Quebec during March? I have spent more than a few winters in Quebec and I can assure you that March is quite COLD there.
Yes it can be very cold in march..but I believe that it Jon will bring an early spring this year...lol.

I believe that it will be special.

My take on this is that Jon is enjoying his retirement from Yes. He deserves it, even though there are many fans in denial.
That I don't agree..I'm one of those who strongly believe that Yes will be back sooner than later..

daniel sylvain
01-07-2008, 07:24 PM
jon is gunna raise the roof!!!!!!!!!!! :headset: :headset: :headset: :headset: :headset:

I bet he will....with our help..

barra1
01-07-2008, 08:53 PM

if he has retired from Yes then why is he sending out mixed signals ie recent quotes and the lyrics of his new song 'sooner'

He will be back touring with Yes later this year of this I have high hopes , in the meantime enjoy his solo shows.

daniel sylvain
01-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Just a moment here to thank all yes people here at yes fan
for they helped me keeping the faith in all (and I mean all )
Yes members , families and yes tribute band after all these years.

You 've all helped in a way by hoping , encouraging, giving and much more good that is done here at yesfans..

It is with joy and hope that I will attend Jon's tour here in my province..I'll be thinking of you all when he sings * if we are one*
Bless you all Yesmen and Yes women...I love you all..

daniel sylvain
01-11-2008, 02:19 PM
I just got my ticket for the show in Quebec city at the Palais Montcalm..Wish I could make it to all 4 dates ...March should announce an early spring here and hopefully greats scoop about Yes return during next summer..

Actually Jon will be in Quebec city on the 18th and St-Jean on the 22nd..along with 2 more dates in Laval and Joliette where Rick played last summer with the English rock ensemble..

Scottie
01-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Receiving the tickets in hand must be a great feeling.

I'm so very happy for your experience about ready to unfold Daniel!

:cheers:

daniel sylvain
01-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Receiving the tickets in hand must be a great feeling.

I'm so very happy for your experience about ready to unfold Daniel!

:cheers:

Thank you Scottie, this will be one highlight in 2008 for me..
But remember that if Yes was to come to Quebec that you'd join me on the celebration..I will be there to remind you until that happen..lol..be ready..

Scottie
01-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Thank you Scottie, this will be one highlight in 2008 for me..
But remember that if Yes was to come to Quebec that you'd join me on the celebration..I will be there to remind you until that happen..lol..be ready..
I'd better bite that bullet and apply for my passport soon!

daniel sylvain
01-11-2008, 06:43 PM
I'd better bite that bullet and apply for my passport soon!

I'm afraid that it will be required by then..

BrianD
01-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Jon has just announced a solo tour of Quebed this coming March

Disappointing for me - I'll be on my 'annual' trip to North America - but down in Florida!

Mar 14 Salle Rolland Brunelle Joliette
Mar 15 Théâtre du Palais Municipal Chicoutimi
Mar 17 Salle Alphonse Desjardins Riviere du Loup
Mar 18 Salle Raoul Jobin Quebec
Mar 20 Salle Andre Mathieu Laval
Mar 21 Salle L'Odyssee Gatineau
Mar 22 Theatre des Deux Rives Saint Jean Sur Richilieu
Mar 25 Salle J. Antonio Thompson Trois Rivieres
Mar 26 Theatre Saint Denis Montreal
Mar 27 Centre Culturel de Drummondville Drummondville

daniel sylvain
01-12-2008, 06:41 PM
WOW....... we now have ten dates in march ..
Jon will be gathering people from all over the province.
If that ain't a sign, I wonder what that is..yes..yes...yes..
Now everyone has a chance to show up in the province.
This is fantastic...thanks for the official announcement Yesworld...planning for at least 2 shows...maybe 3 if possible..

daniel sylvain
01-12-2008, 06:52 PM

Disappointing for me - I'll be on my 'annual' trip to North America - but down in Florida!

Down in Florida, Florida is quite close,
so many dates to choose from..
St-Denis in Montréal is a huge venue...

There are now 2 threads of the same venue!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got 5 tickets in my hand so far and got it before it was announced...Still hoping to see Jon in Montreal, Québec and St-Jean..

Scottie
01-12-2008, 10:48 PM

SO close and yet so far! This must hurt awfully bad Brian. But if you could possibly divert yourself, Daniel is rich in the Yes spirit and would enrich your experience, no doubt…

Down in Florida, Florida is quite close,
so many dates to choose from..
St-Denis in Montréal is a huge venue...

There are now 2 threads of the same venue!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got 5 tickets in my hand so far and got it before it was announced...Still hoping to see Jon in Montreal, Québec and St-Jean..
May I reverse that sentiment? If Florida is close to Québec need I point to the map and say that I am closer. Come to us for a Yes show or two Daniel!

daniel sylvain
01-13-2008, 07:36 PM
SO close and yet so far! This must hurt awfully bad Brian. But if you could possibly divert yourself, Daniel is rich in the Yes spirit and would enrich your experience, no doubt…

May I reverse that sentiment? If Florida is close to Québec need I point to the map and say that I am closer. Come to us for a Yes show or two Daniel!

Yes Scottie, you're even closer....But what I meant was that Florida is close compare with Australia..As you said , coming so close and yet so far at the same time.
If I have to, I'll visit you for a Yes show..and I don't need to apply for my passport, I already have it...reservation for my seat will be made for Boston..

Fly By Light
01-14-2008, 10:37 AM
Yes Scottie, you're even closer....But what I meant was that Florida is close compare with Australia..As you said , coming so close and yet so far at the same time.
If I have to, I'll visit you for a Yes show..and I don't need to apply for my passport, I already have it...reservation for my seat will be made for Boston..

I'm applying for my renewal today. Don't want to miss out when Yes plays Quebec! Daniel, I hope to meet you this summer.

~Krista

Original_Shifty
01-14-2008, 04:03 PM
I may be going to the Gatineau show (right across the river from Ottawa) so if anyone else wants to go, drop me a line.

daniel sylvain
01-14-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm applying for my renewal today. Don't want to miss out when Yes plays Quebec! Daniel, I hope to meet you this summer.

~Krista

That would be so very cool..I'm looking forward to that..

daniel sylvain
02-15-2008, 07:05 PM

~Krista

Only weeks before Jon travel our way...Only months before Yes begin their summer tour..seems like too long but I'm ready..

Melissa
02-28-2008, 10:06 AM
I'm gonna try like hell to make one of these shows!

Here's the latest from the State Department about passports and driving to Canada from the US:

AIR TRAVEL

Implemented on January 23, 2007, ALL PERSONS traveling by air between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean region are required to present a passport or other valid travel document to enter or re-enter the United States.

LAND AND SEA TRAVEL
The following summarizes information available on the Department of Homeland Security’s website.

* JANUARY 31, 2008
U.S. and Canadian citizens will need to present either a WHTI-compliant document, or a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license, plus proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate. DHS also proposes to begin alternative procedures for U.S. and Canadian children at that time.

* LATER
At a later date, to be determined, the departments will implement the full requirements of the land and sea phase of WHTI. The proposed rules require most U.S. citizens entering the United States at sea or land ports of entry to have either a U.S. passport; a U.S. passport card; a trusted traveler card such as NEXUS, FAST, or SENTRI; a valid Merchant Mariner Document (MMD) when traveling in conjunction with official maritime business; or a valid U.S. Military identification card when traveling on official orders.

daniel sylvain
02-28-2008, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE=Melissa;1412470]I'm gonna try like hell to make one of these shows!

Please Melissa, let me know if you can make it to St_jean sur Richelieu...I'll be there and waiting for you, and Marge of course

daniel sylvain
03-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Could this be coïncidence ?

There will be a press conference on march the 18th to announce some of the artists who will be performing at the Quebec summer festival from july the 5th till july the 15th..

Jon will be performing in Quebec city on the 18th..

I tried to get an early scoop but noone could confirm or deny
my asking..

I will attend that venue and try to find out more..only 2 weeks..

daniel sylvain
03-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Could this be coïncidence ?

There will be a press conference on march the 18th to announce some of the artists who will be performing at the Quebec summer festival from july the 5th till july the 15th..

Jon will be performing in Quebec city on the 18th..

I tried to get an early scoop but noone could confirm or deny
my asking..

I will attend that venue and try to find out more..only 2 weeks..

Less than a week now.....final countdown

daniel sylvain
03-14-2008, 10:25 PM
Jon is performing in Joliette tonight..
Hoping that someone could make a report of the show

daniel sylvain
03-17-2008, 06:40 AM
Only 36 hours before I can feel it for myself..
Jon will be in Quebec city tomorrow evening..
So will I..

Vic Anderson
03-18-2008, 08:07 AM
when you come back can you giveus a review
and setlist if you remember

thank you

daniel sylvain
03-18-2008, 02:54 PM

thank you

I will vic.....Just cannot wait..only 4 hrs from the opening...
Sold out show..974 seats or so..
It will not be, it is a good day..all the way..

daniel sylvain
03-18-2008, 02:56 PM

thank you

catch you all soon, I'm on my way...I'm on cloud number 40

daniel sylvain
03-18-2008, 05:05 PM
2 hours before they open the doors.
I will run an interview with Jon tomorrow afternoon..
I am totally but totally excited about it..
The dream is alive .......

daniel sylvain
03-19-2008, 12:08 AM
Jon was fantastic, simply fantastic...sold out show...
really, but I mean really good crowd....dedicated from the very first song..
Jon was very funny and happy...it was easy to tell..
smiling sincerely all the way through...
He told us many stories, very good sense of humour..
He sang sooner than later...which made the crowd really happy....It was new to everyone but me I suppose..
Incredible line up for autograph , I left, will be seeing him tomorrow...good night everyone....
This was the best day I've had in a long time...

True Believer
03-19-2008, 12:11 AM
Can't wait for your interview tomorrow, Daniel!

daniel sylvain
03-19-2008, 12:17 AM

I need to take a deep breath...
Gosh I'm afraid to look and sound silly....lol..
I will be calm, I must be calm...
I have a plan....

Thank you, thank you, and thank you Jon...most of all, thank you..I mean, thank you....
He was so great tonight...
Gives me inspiration

daniel sylvain
03-19-2008, 07:08 PM
I had the chance to interview Jon this afternoon...
I recorded most of our talk and I will send in a resumé as soon as possible...
Some of you might not want to hear everything he said, so I believe..Anyway, I had the time of my life ...Really been for this moment for a long time..
Yesterday evening show was awesome even though Jon has the flu....He said he's taking more drugs now than ever before...He was a really good entertainer..I never seen the funny side of the man like that before....:appl[1]:

daniel sylvain
03-19-2008, 07:10 PM

I told Jon that Anne from Australia was sending him her best wishes....He said thank you, good, good..:beerchugr:

True Believer
03-19-2008, 07:14 PM
I told Jon that Anne from Australia was sending him her best wishes....He said thank you, good, good..:beerchugr:
Thanks so much, Daniel!!!! How was Jon looking/sounding?

daniel sylvain
03-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Thanks so much, Daniel!!!! How was Jon looking/sounding?

You would not believe it Anne, although he has the flu,
he seems to be very happy and well..He was running for his breath last night but his voice came out as sharp as ever..
He spent the evening joking and laughing and really looked amazingly well after all....To me,he look even better than when I last saw him in july 2006

MikeYESfan
03-19-2008, 08:45 PM
So come on..
The Tour?

Lol

ldruide
03-19-2008, 11:31 PM
Does anybody know the setlist? I just won a pair of tickets on Montreal's radio station CHOM-FM ! for the show on the 26th :) I already had my ticket for Drummondville on the 27th! Their trivia question was which Jon Anderson album gets a lot of airplay around christmas .And I named Three ships. My lucky week.

daniel sylvain
03-20-2008, 10:15 AM
here it is

MikeYESfan
03-20-2008, 10:18 AM
here it is

Great shot!

what did he say about THEyesTOUR...?

daniel sylvain
03-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Does anybody know the setlist? I just won a pair of tickets on Montreal's radio station CHOM-FM ! for the show on the 26th :) I already had my ticket for Drummondville on the 27th! Their trivia question was which Jon Anderson album gets a lot of airplay around christmas .And I named Three ships. My lucky week.

I do not want to be the spoiler here so PM me and I'll send it to you...Montréal show is schedule to have School of rock for the last 30 minutes of the show...So is Toronto..

daniel sylvain
03-20-2008, 12:17 PM
Great shot!

what did he say about THEyesTOUR...?

He said that he's been working very hard for the past 2 years so it would happen..and it is happening...
In Quebec, we can expect to have SOR opening and joining in for some added power during selected songs..
I also found out that Rick helped a lot so we'll have Yes in Quebec for the opening of the tour, even though he knew he would not be a part of it..I assume that he's no stranger for the fact that Oliver will be in this time..
More of my interview with Jon as soon as I can get some free time...

Scottie
03-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Congratulations Daniel!

Wonderful picture of you both.

Someday I hope you can share how it is you landed the opportunity to interview Jon.

True Believer
03-20-2008, 06:37 PM
Great pic, Daniel!

daniel sylvain
03-21-2008, 05:59 PM
24 hours before I head up to see Jon again in St-Jean..
Beautiful weather, cold for sunny...

daniel sylvain
03-21-2008, 06:02 PM
Congratulations Daniel!

Wonderful picture of you both.

Someday I hope you can share how it is you landed the opportunity to interview Jon.

Scottie, you would probably not believe how lucky I was..
I was hoping to at least shake his hand and there I was sitting there next to him, running an official interview..
and I was not dreaming this time..

Mostly Harmless
03-21-2008, 06:05 PM
24 hours before I head up to see Jon again in St-Jean..
Beautiful weather, cold for sunny...

Have a great time, Daniel!

Scottie
03-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Scottie, you would probably not believe how lucky I was..
I was hoping to at least shake his hand and there I was sitting there next to him, running an official interview..
and I was not dreaming this time..
You may call it luck, I call it deserved karma...

But, but, how, why were you granted such an opportunity???

daniel sylvain
03-21-2008, 07:57 PM
You may call it luck, I call it deserved karma...

But, but, how, why were you granted such an opportunity???

After the press conference when they officially confirmed that Yes was going to open their 40th anniversary tour in Quebec,
they said if anyone want to schedule interview with Jon Anderson, he just happen to be in town tonight (18th), you can register here with Paulette , she'll be happy to help you out...And there I was asking Paulette when could I meet Mr Anderson,,,,,,,,,,,ahhhh would tomorrow at 2p.m. be fine with you Sir..
I said I'd do my best to be there, thank you...
She thought that I was a reporter...well I was, for the time being....I actually got to the rendez-vous 2 hours ahead of time...I did it right, was very polite and respectful of most of all very thankful for the privilege I was given...
I got to know Paul at the same time....nothing can stop me now....I now met Jon , Steve and Rick......look out for july 2008...Alan and Chris will have me looking for them....just kidding...

Scottie
03-21-2008, 11:25 PM
After the press conference when they officially confirmed that Yes was going to open their 40th anniversary tour in Quebec,
they said if anyone want to schedule interview with Jon Anderson, he just happen to be in town tonight (18th), you can register here with Paulette , she'll be happy to help you out...And there I was asking Paulette when could I meet Mr Anderson,,,,,,,,,,,ahhhh would tomorrow at 2p.m. be fine with you Sir..
She thought that I was a reporter...well I was, for the time being....I actually got to the rendez-vous 2 hours ahead of time...I did it right, was very polite and respectful of most of all very thankful for the privilege I was given...
I got to know Paul at the same time....nothing can stop me now....I now met Jon , Steve and Rick......look out for july 2008...Alan and Chris will have me looking for them....just kidding...
Thank you for sharing that Daniel. :D

That in my opinion is part of your soul, no badge or acting necessary...

daniel sylvain
03-22-2008, 03:20 PM
I'm on my way to meet 3 more friends and we'll be headind for Jon ' s appearance at the théâtre des deux rives in St-Jon.
sold out show as well as the one I attended in Quebec city..
It will be a great evening..
We'll miss you Melissa......

Mostly Harmless
03-22-2008, 03:21 PM
I was just thinking of you, Daniel! I hope you have a great time.

daniel sylvain
03-22-2008, 03:25 PM
I was just thinking of you, Daniel! I hope you have a great time.

Thank you Marge...I'll be seeing you soon...3 and half months
is not that long , is it ?

Mostly Harmless
03-22-2008, 03:34 PM
Thank you Marge...I'll be seeing you soon...3 and half months
is not that long , is it ?

Months? I'm counting the days, baby! ;)

Melissa
03-22-2008, 03:59 PM
I'm on my way to meet 3 more friends and we'll be headind for Jon ' s appearance at the théâtre des deux rives in St-Jon.
sold out show as well as the one I attended in Quebec city..
It will be a great evening..
We'll miss you Melissa......

I'm missing you too.

Please tell Richard I couldn't make it if you see him!

barra1
03-22-2008, 04:53 PM

Daniel the opportunity arose and you took it,

well done.

how long was the interview?

daniel sylvain
03-23-2008, 12:34 AM
Daniel the opportunity arose and you took it,

well done.

how long was the interview?

I was allowed 15 minutes and I took 16...

daniel sylvain
03-23-2008, 12:44 AM
Just got back from another fantastic performance by Jon.
Tonight show in St-Jean was nothing short of pure happiness.
I, Jean-Yves , Daniel and Michal got there about 40 minutes before the show ...We were unexpectably taken backstage for
a 15 minutes preshow meeting with Jon himself..Yet again I was fortunate to be chosen for that privilege along with my 3 friends...Jon recognised me from the previous interview and he asked me if I had a special song request for the evening..
I spontaniously said, * your move *
And so we had it as an Encore....along with Soon as the second Encore.
Magic, I,ve been flying back home..
I feel so lucky right now...

True Believer
03-23-2008, 01:56 AM
You were so lucky, Daniel. And Paul is a lovely guy too.

daniel sylvain
03-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Just got back from another fantastic performance by Jon.
Tonight show in St-Jean was nothing short of pure happiness.
I, Jean-Yves , Daniel and Michal got there about 40 minutes before the show ...We were unexpectably taken backstage for
a 15 minutes preshow meeting with Jon himself..Yet again I was fortunate to be chosen for that privilege along with my 3 friends...Jon recognised me from the previous interview and he asked me if I had a special song request for the evening..
I spontaniously said, * your move *
And so we had it as an Encore....along with Soon as the second Encore.
Magic, I,ve been flying back home..
I feel so lucky right now...

Jon was in a wonderful shape last night.. His voice sounded even better than 4 days ago..
When we met him backstage he was presented a very nice woodcrafted piece representing his Olias of sunhillow cover album...Daniel made it for him so he could use it through his foundation..
Jon repeated that he was very happy to be in Quebec with Jane and he was also stunned by the amount of snow that he sees...He said that if he had known , he would have brought his skis..

Yes_Fan_4_Life26
03-24-2008, 05:29 PM
I am seeing Jon in Toronto this weekend! Cannot wait!

pauli
03-24-2008, 05:39 PM
I wonder if Jon knows that his show in Toronto on Saturday coincides with Earth Hour, when the city is supposed to be "plunged into darkness" from 8-9 pm!

I wonder if the first hour of the show will be by candlelight? :lmao:

Yes_Fan_4_Life26
03-24-2008, 05:41 PM
I wonder if Jon knows that his show in Toronto on Saturday coincides with Earth Hour, when the city is supposed to be "plunged into darkness" from 8-9 pm!

Whoa, I didn't even know that. haha! Some GTA-ian I am. :P

daniel sylvain
03-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Jon in Montréal in 24 hours...Just can't wait to feel it the last one for me..SOR might take the stage for the last part of the evening..wow...Jon is really doing it right...

daniel sylvain
03-25-2008, 11:04 AM
There are report and interviews with Jon in many newspaper
across the province..Today, there is a very nice interview in the journal * La Presse * announcing Jon's venue in Montréal tomorrow evening...La Presse is the biggest paper in the Province of Quebec..Who says that there is no promotion for Yes new tour....Nice work Paul...way to spread the news..

daniel sylvain
03-27-2008, 12:18 AM
Montréal venue, 9th date I believe ...My third and last show..
Jon is getting better and better as the dates are adding..
2100 seats..1200 people at the most..pretty warm crowd..
Introducing the School of rock was a good move..The kids were great....really....we wanted even more of them..
Yes fans were at a rendez-vous..Thank you Jon for such another great evening.....It was nice to meet you Pierre after the show...You're a huge Yesfan...

Jon is a great leader.....Sooner than later is a great song..
A great new song...:appl[1]:

daniel sylvain
03-27-2008, 12:21 AM

Sooner than later
Your turn is coming buddy..enjoy it...I'm sure you will..

foreveryesfan57
03-27-2008, 12:53 AM
was my second show of jon .was a great gig especially with the paul green school of rock students.the drummer was thirteen lol the rest 15 16 17 you could see that those young kids enjoyed playimg Yes music the ve played all the good people owner of the lonely heart and roundabout and finished with starship trooper after jon finishes with an exerpt of nous sommes du soleil and for an encore he did soon what an evening rumors are these kids will open for the group the whole tour if it s the caseyou ll understand what i meant by these kids have talenthope to see a few yesfans in quebec for the tour kickoff july the 12 c ya soon

foreveryesfan57
03-27-2008, 12:57 AM
By the way Daniel it was a pleasure talking and exchange with a real yes fan . hope to see more yes fan in que c ya gang

barra1
03-27-2008, 10:11 AM

ideal time for Jon to sing 'soon, oh soon the light'.

really looking forward to the show. I bought the VIP package , extra $30 but a little disappionted that this entitles me to access to the lounge pre show, will be suprised if JA is there for long ,if at all.

Still counting the hours, last time saw him solo was in Glasgow in 1980.

Fergus

daniel sylvain
03-27-2008, 11:56 AM
ideal time for Jon to sing 'soon, oh soon the light'.

really looking forward to the show. I bought the VIP package , extra $30 but a little disappionted that this entitles me to access to the lounge pre show, will be suprised if JA is there for long ,if at all.

Still counting the hours, last time saw him solo was in Glasgow in 1980.

Fergus

This will be just great Fergus...believe me ..I expected much from this solo tour and I was not dissapointed at all...

daniel sylvain
03-27-2008, 12:04 PM
We really were privilege to have Jon touring in our Province.
The word is spreading now...Yes is back and they will open on the Plains of Abraham....

Critics are unanimous, Jon is really making people happy with his performance..His voice did not fade a bit and after 9 shows, it is getting even better...:appl[1]:

We are really standing on sacred ground...We've got to be thankful for this....Now I understand why I still on Jon's side after more than 30 years..It is like an ever opening flower.

daniel sylvain
03-27-2008, 12:15 PM
One last word about the School of rock at the St_Denis last night...
I'd be very proud if they 'd join in on the Plains of Abraham in july..

Those kids are awesome, they represent the renewal of Yes
people..Especially older Yes fans...*change we must to live again*

Mostly Harmless
03-27-2008, 12:19 PM
One last word about the School of rock at the St_Denis last night...
I'd be very proud if they 'd join in on the Plains of Abraham in july..

Those kids are awesome, they represent the renewal of Yes
people..Especially older Yes fans...*change we must to live again*

Sorry, Daniel, I do not concur. I haven't waited the last 4 years to see the SOR, I've been waiting for Yes. I've seen the SOR twice since I last saw Yes. I loved it. They're GREAT, but they've had their turn. Give us our Yes.

Yes_Fan_4_Life26
03-30-2008, 01:13 AM
I just came back from seeing Jon Anderson here in Toronto. Indeed, the first hour was done by candlelight (8 to 9) as normal. As the evening progressed lights and background animation were included with the act. Anderson told us his oft-told stories of how he created the songs. Vocally, he was very much on top of his game, very clear and confident (making me quiver with excitement for the Yes tour). Overall, great performance, great visuals, and good sound (I was very happy about the acoustics in the Danforth Music Hall). Very much worth around 40 bucks. One unfortunate thing that happened was my dad having very ill stomach pains, although he did enjoy the show.

daniel sylvain
03-30-2008, 02:53 PM
I just came back from seeing Jon Anderson here in Toronto. Indeed, the first hour was done by candlelight (8 to 9) as normal. As the evening progressed lights and background animation were included with the act. Anderson told us his oft-told stories of how he created the songs. Vocally, he was very much on top of his game, very clear and confident (making me quiver with excitement for the Yes tour). Overall, great performance, great visuals, and good sound (I was very happy about the acoustics in the Danforth Music Hall). Very much worth around 40 bucks. One unfortunate thing that happened was my dad having very ill stomach pains, although he did enjoy the show.

I'm glad you enjoyed it...Jon's voice seem to be as stable as ever....I'm surprised that noone is commenting on SOR since they were suppose to be in Montréal and Toronto..
They were some kind of a highlight in Montréal..
I agree that this is looking good for the upcoming Yes tour

daniel sylvain
03-30-2008, 02:59 PM
Sorry, Daniel, I do not concur. I haven't waited the last 4 years to see the SOR, I've been waiting for Yes. I've seen the SOR twice since I last saw Yes. I loved it. They're GREAT, but they've had their turn. Give us our Yes.

I do not disagree with you Marge...In various recent tours, we've had someone opening for the show..I only think that if we're to have somebody opening, it might as well be SOR...
I don't mind having Yes music played all the way through the evening..and for those who worry, they won't steal the show.
It could be a nice warm up for an incoming crowd..especially for outdoor event..

Yes_Fan_4_Life26
03-30-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed it...Jon's voice seem to be as stable as ever....I'm surprised that noone is commenting on SOR since they were suppose to be in Montréal and Toronto..

Btw, what is SOR? I've heard it before though I am not familar with this...eeep

Ajay
03-30-2008, 03:21 PM
SOR is (Paul Green's) School of Rock.

Yes_Fan_4_Life26
03-30-2008, 03:24 PM
SOR is (Paul Green's) School of Rock.

I see, okay. Yeah, there wasn't anybody from there at this show then. It wouldn't matter to me anyways if a member of that showed up or not.

Melissa
04-01-2008, 01:12 PM
Woooo hooooo!

I absolutely cannot wait for this!

Did I mention that my birthday is the 14th!
This is a birthday present from Yes - Thank You!

BrinOmsford
04-02-2008, 08:49 PM

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes :) Each member of Yes on stage with their solo works/other bands will make them better rehersed, and enjoy the tour with each other more... Possibly....? It's not like touring in another situation makes you less musical lol.

And I wish I wish I wish I could have travelled to Quebec to see Jon and the SOR... It would be so great to hear how each member of Yes influences the whole picture. Too busy job hunting :) I've been very lucky though, I did get to meet Jon once a long long time ago...

barra1
04-02-2008, 10:26 PM

the SOR never turned up for the Toronto show, one guy told me because they had not rehearsed enough?

Dont know if they turned up for the Bellville show the following night

daniel sylvain
04-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes :) Each member of Yes on stage with their solo works/other bands will make them better rehersed, and enjoy the tour with each other more... Possibly....? It's not like touring in another situation makes you less musical lol.

And I wish I wish I wish I could have travelled to Quebec to see Jon and the SOR... It would be so great to hear how each member of Yes influences the whole picture. Too busy job hunting :) I've been very lucky though, I did get to meet Jon once a long long time ago...

Wow, Okanagan fan...I used to live in Okanagan Falls in early 80s....what a wonderful place to be....You have to visit Quebec city in july this year..You'll see a huge Yes crowd..
Welcome to Yesfan..

AMum
04-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Regarding the SOR, I am not sure why the specific kids were unable to attend, but most of the ones who had been on the recent tour, were back in school from the Easter break and in my son's case the Principal was very explicit that he couldn't take any more Excused absences! So although they have loved playing with Jon, and were really disappointed about the CT shows being cancelled, the other reality of being teenagers playing during the school year won out. I am glad that Daniel enjoyed the experience of even a small part of the SOR/Jon experience because they have been very special shows... even as we struggled with getting them to school (homework done), when they playing in NYC till 11.30 and didn't get home to bed in Philly till 2 AM!

daniel sylvain
04-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Regarding the SOR, I am not sure why the specific kids were unable to attend, but most of the ones who had been on the recent tour, were back in school from the Easter break and in my son's case the Principal was very explicit that he couldn't take any more Excused absences! So although they have loved playing with Jon, and were really disappointed about the CT shows being cancelled, the other reality of being teenagers playing during the school year won out. I am glad that Daniel enjoyed the experience of even a small part of the SOR/Jon experience because they have been very special shows... even as we struggled with getting them to school (homework done), when they playing in NYC till 11.30 and didn't get home to bed in Philly till 2 AM!

I know that I was not the only one who enjoyed it..
The reaction of the crowd was very good.
Jon thanked the people for such reaction saying that it was good for the kids...They deserved every clapping and whistle they obtained..