PDA

View Full Version : Tentative Rush Tour Dates!

True Believer
02-11-2007, 03:09 AM
Thanks to Arlene for this heads-up. Please note NOT CONFIRMED at this time.

Canadian rock trio RUSH is rumored to have scheduled the following live dates in support of their forthcoming new studio album (provisionally titled "Snakes and Arrows"):

Jun. 13 - Nashville, TN @ Starwood Amphitheater
Jun. 15 - West Palm Beach, FL @ Sound Advice Amphitheater
Jun. 16 - Tampa, FL @ Ford Amphitheater @ Florida State Fairgrounds
Jun. 18 - Atlanta, GA @ HiFi Buys Amphitheater
Jun. 19 - Charlotte, NC @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Jun. 27 - Mansfield, MA @ Tweeter Center
Jul. 02 - Wantaugh, NY @ Jones Beach Amphitheater
Jul. 04 - Darien Lake, NY @ Six Flags
Jul. 07 - Homdel, NJ @ PNC Arts Center

It should be noted that these dates have **NOT** been officially confirmed by the band or its management.

In other news, the first single from RUSH's upcoming album is expected to be "Far Cry" (or "Farcry"), and it is set to go for radio adds on March 13.

RUSH's new album is expected to be released late spring/early summer via Atlantic. The tracks were put to tape at Allaire Studios in upstate New York with co-producer Nick Raskulinecz. "I have never enjoyed the recording process so much, nor been so satisfied with the results," drummer Neil Peart wrote last month on his web site.

Peart previously told Billboard.com some of his lyrics for the new songs were inspired by his motorcycle journeys throughout the United States, chronicled in the recent book "Roadshow: Landscape with Drums".

"Just seeing the power of evangelical Christianity and contrasting that with the power of fundamentalist religion all over the world in its different forms had a big effect on me," he said.

Scottie
02-11-2007, 03:56 AM
"It should be noted that these dates have **NOT** been officially confirmed by the band or its management."

Thanks lol

fovman
02-11-2007, 03:59 AM
Cool.....I have a place to stay in West Palm Beach on June 15.
(my sister & brother-in-law)

I will bet they come to Minneapolis too.
I may see them twice like I have Yes.

Wild Westie
02-11-2007, 04:02 AM
It would be convenient for me if they'd push that Nashville date to the weekend.

Scottie
02-11-2007, 04:16 AM
It would be convenient for me if they'd push that Nashville date to the weekend.
You had better bring your earplugs sweetheart ;)

Oh and be prepared to stand from the moment they take the stage until you get in your vehicle heading home.

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imperatrix
02-11-2007, 05:58 AM
OMG...I'd LOVE to go to Mansfield, MA!!!!!

LMAO...maybe Matt and I will go back east for a whole month, for Rush and the Gathering! :winknudge

It'll never be "Tweeter" to me---it will always be Great Woods....

CybrKhatru
02-11-2007, 06:00 AM
The CA Rush dates had damn well better not be during our vacation.....

Imperatrix
02-11-2007, 06:11 AM
The CA Rush dates had damn well better not be during our vacation.....

Good thing we ain't got plane tix yet.

CybrKhatru
02-11-2007, 06:12 AM
Yeah no kidding..

At least Genesis is not in the US during July, right? ;)

Wild Westie
02-11-2007, 06:41 AM

Oh and be prepared to stand from the moment they take the stage until you get in your vehicle heading home.

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao:

Did I tell you about the time I went deaf for a few hours after seeing America in concert at Aloha stadium? I kid you not.

Earplugs are now a staple at every concert I attend.

plodder
02-11-2007, 06:43 AM
I'm glad they're doing a warm up tour to get into shape for the Uk dates :lmao:

Imperatrix
02-11-2007, 07:29 AM
I'm glad they're doing a warm up tour to get into shape for the Uk dates :lmao:

Sarky!!!

plodder
02-11-2007, 07:50 AM
Sarky!!!

moi?

Imperatrix
02-11-2007, 07:59 AM
moi?

:lmao:!

Come to the States and see Rush with us, doll!!!!!

CybrKhatru
02-11-2007, 08:02 AM
Besides, unlike some other bands Rush sound good at the beginning of a tour....:sneaky:

SadPreacher
02-11-2007, 08:42 AM
Cool.....I have a place to stay in West Palm Beach on June 15.
(my sister & brother-in-law)

I will bet they come to Minneapolis too.
I may see them twice like I have Yes.

if they come to Minneapolis i am there Fovmeister...i have seen Yes twice there also...well...Bloomington and St. Paul...but it's all the same to me...

YesHut
02-11-2007, 11:35 AM

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As many, I am waiting for the offical North American Tour Dates. Not wanting to jump the gun, per say. Rush has been to the Northwest on every tour so far, I am sure they will again. Waiting to see how many shows I will be able to go to, if only one show, that will be great too. I am sure of it, Keep the spark alive.

Imperatrix
02-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Besides, unlike some other bands Rush sound good at the beginning of a tour....:sneaky:

:dog: :dog: :dog: Rep!

ketace
02-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Desperately seeking a Phila PA date..I hope

heartofthesunrise
02-11-2007, 12:56 PM
I'm looking for at least two dates; Great Woods is middle of the week, I can leave work early. Jones Beach is a weekend, and PNC might be doable if it turns out my vacation is that week. I love it when a plan comes together. Can I get an amen?

plodder
02-11-2007, 12:56 PM
Amen!

Andrea YouAndI
02-11-2007, 03:01 PM
OMG...we need a Chicago, Indianapolis, or Detroit date! And we need it BAD!

BTW I heard April as the tentative release date for the new album. What a lovely time to be a new convert. :winknudge

YESOLA
02-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Wouldnt you know it, I can't go to the one only 30 mins from me. I'll have to drive to Jersey to see them, unless they add like a Radio City or something.

mikepietrini
02-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Subject: Myths and Up & Coming Facts

Tour dates floating around are not confirmed.
Check out Rush.com for the confirmed 2007 tour schedule!
We can't wait to see you on the road!
-NEP

yes_angel
02-11-2007, 05:03 PM
PNC! 40 minutes away from my house!! WoooooHooooo

1yesfan
02-11-2007, 05:13 PM
Well we don't have Yes this summer but we will have Asia, Genesis, VH, RUSH. Not bad, not bad at all!

1yesfan
02-11-2007, 05:13 PM
Lets not forget The Police either!

Wild Westie
02-11-2007, 05:26 PM
Lets not forget The Police either!

They'll be on the Grammys tonight as well.

Steve Mahoney
02-11-2007, 06:11 PM
If you are reading this thread and do not have Rush In Rio on dvd.Buy it.
One of the best dvdS ever,dreat dvd extras as well.

Steve

Peart Rocks

pauli
02-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Well, I know that we can always count on a show here in YYZ :D

Andrea YouAndI
02-11-2007, 11:44 PM
Subject: Myths and Up & Coming Facts

Tour dates floating around are not confirmed.
Check out Rush.com for the confirmed 2007 tour schedule!
We can't wait to see you on the road!
-NEP
I must be dense, I just checked the Rush website but I am not seeing this at all. The latest news item is December '06.

I still can't believe there's no "tentative" date for Chicago or Indy--that's why I was curious. I can't see myself traveling to PA or NY just for a concert!

mikepietrini
02-11-2007, 11:58 PM
I must be dense, I just checked the Rush website but I am not seeing this at all. The latest news item is December '06.

I still can't believe there's no "tentative" date for Chicago or Indy--that's why I was curious. I can't see myself traveling to PA or NY just for a concert!

i believe what neil was saying is don't go by anything mentioned until it's through the official site - the dates are unconfirmed & could change - nothing has been posted on the official site yet

Scottie
02-12-2007, 12:07 AM
You would never be disappointed if even this would be necessary.

Besides .. I heard that tentatively BillzG was scheduled to kick Alex off the stage so that he can show him how it’s really done ;)

Andrea YouAndI
02-12-2007, 12:11 AM
You would never be disappointed if even this would be necessary.

Besides .. I heard that tentatively BillzG was scheduled to kick Alex off the stage so that he can show him how it’s really done ;)
Oh yeah?

Not sure about that...Bill will have to PROVE it to me first. :winknudge (And damn I do mean prove himself, because he hasn't said a word all weekend.)

BTW I'm listening to Vapor Trails right now, this stuff is kickazz!!

Scottie
02-12-2007, 12:18 AM
Oh yeah?

Not sure about that...Bill will have to PROVE it to me first! :winknudge

BTW I'm listening to Vapor Trails right now, this stuff is kickazz!!
And you call yourself a groupie? :lmao:

I love that album! Well actually I love RUSH!
PERIOD!

True Believer
02-12-2007, 01:36 AM
I can't see myself traveling to PA or NY just for a concert!
Andrea, If I can travel round the world for a gig - you can go to PA or NY! ;)

Scottie
02-12-2007, 01:46 AM
Ya know I was thinking of you when she made that statement?!! :D

True Believer
02-12-2007, 02:03 AM
Ya know I was thinking of you when she made that statement?!! :D
:bncy:

Andrea YouAndI
02-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Ok well maybe--if I could hook up with another certain Rush fan who lives in New York, the one who converted me to all this stuff! :D

CybrKhatru
02-12-2007, 01:55 PM
I sincerely doubt that Rush will skip Chicago when they tour....don't think they've ever not played there on a tour!

..and then, who knows...you might decide to go to PA or NY as well.

Yes, live they are that good.

relayer_1
02-21-2007, 11:09 AM
Really cool; thanks for the sneak preview Ann.

The last time I travelled to see them was to their home town of YYZ and boy were those great shows, as always. It was for the Test 4 echo summer tour on june 30 and july 2, '97 (they took an in-between break for Canada day). Toronto is "the" destination city in Canada and although these preliminary dates do not include that city, I'm sure they are saving it for something special.

See you on tour with RUSH!

tribute1969
02-21-2007, 12:02 PM
That's a good thing since the FIRST STOP, Nashville (as they usually open their tours here, pickup the tour and equipment buses/trailors and with visits to Gibson Guitars)
will find them needing to find another venue.......
Starwood Amp has closed down...

Starwood Amphitheatre Venue

***“Starwood has officially closed its doors. Thanks for 22 great years and your loyalty to us for your summer experience.” Charlie Daniels Volunteer Jam has been cancelled. Please return to point of purchase for a refund.”***

"It should be noted that these dates have **NOT** been officially confirmed by the band or its management."

Thanks lol

ToBeOver
02-21-2007, 03:56 PM
What? No Colorado on the list yet... I'm sure they won't miss doing another concert here! :bncy:

They just have to! :crybby:

:keyboard:

yes_angel
02-21-2007, 04:08 PM
What? No Colorado on the list yet... I'm sure they won't miss doing another concert here! :bncy:

They just have to! :crybby:

:keyboard:Then just come here Laney at PNC you'll love it

relayeire
02-21-2007, 04:37 PM
folks, this looks like just one leg of the tour... the East Coast, to be specific... they're going to hit the Midwest and the big states out west for sure... just don't, um, rush them... ;-)

yes_angel
02-21-2007, 04:46 PM
folks, this looks like just one leg of the tour... the East Coast, to be specific... they're going to hit the Midwest and the big states out west for sure... just don't, um, rush them... ;-)I won't i'm not in a um rush yet :lmao:

pauli
02-21-2007, 05:54 PM
The last time I travelled to see them was to their home town of YYZ and boy were those great shows, as always. It was for the Test 4 echo summer tour on june 30 and july 2, '97 (they took an in-between break for Canada day). Toronto is "the" destination city in Canada and although these preliminary dates do not include that city, I'm sure they are saving it for something special.

See you on tour with RUSH!

Oh, I don't think they've ever missed Toronto; in 2004 they ended the North American leg of the tour here, so I am guessing we will see something in August...

Now if only they would play a full week of shows at Massey Hall (2700-seat theatre where "All the World's a Stage" was recorded), instead of a shed or arena! :D

soulsearcher
02-21-2007, 05:55 PM
i'll be at PNC for sure!

Andrea YouAndI
02-21-2007, 08:51 PM
folks, this looks like just one leg of the tour... the East Coast, to be specific... they're going to hit the Midwest and the big states out west for sure... just don't, um, rush them... ;-)
Good points, those. If they so decide to come to the Midwest, I know a perfect little theatre in South Bend, IN they could do! Many premiere concerts and plays in a beautiful 3500-seat venue known as the Morris Centre. Assuming they'd willingly play a spot that small...

yes_angel
02-27-2007, 12:31 PM
i'll be at PNC for sure!and I will see you there woohooo

umgekehrt
03-19-2007, 04:43 PM
It's really a slim chance that they will tour outside of North America this time.

True Believer
03-19-2007, 05:47 PM
Well I hope they get to the rest of the world later in the year.

I want to see them this year, dammit!!!

ham
03-19-2007, 06:12 PM
It's really a slim chance that they will tour outside of North America this time.

WHAT!!! I want my ear-wax blown out by the sound of the human avalanche thank you!!! :drummer: