PDA

View Full Version : I have the boxset despite Tony Kaye

YESABWH
07-24-2002, 05:09 PM
I guess Mr. Kaye was not very successful yet because my local store got the boxset in today and I just picked it up. They usually get stuff in the week before. I almost drove off the road looking at the booklet :). The pictures are great and the artwork is gorgeous. I would have loved more unreleased stuff but I know I will be enjoying all the remastered version of my favorites. I think Rhino did a great job with it although not having And You and I and Awaken were mistakes. I think it is much more impressive than the Yesyears set. Now, I hope they will release the live box that Alan White keeps talking about.

DaveG
07-24-2002, 05:21 PM
Can you comment on the audio quality of the cd's as compared to the latest remasters?

Thanks!

How much did it cost you, if you don't mind saying?

Thanks -

Dave

ed
07-24-2002, 07:24 PM
Where in NY? I live in NY and would love to pick up a copy. Thanks.

YESABWH
07-25-2002, 12:12 AM
I haven't listened to all of it yet but the audio quality sounded great- prob a bit better than the remastered stuff, although I have not compared them yet. The price was $57.99 and i picked it up at Record Stop on Portion Road in ronkonkoma. Phone # is 585-3294.

I will say that the unreleased song Last Train from the Magnification sessions is should have stayed unreleased :).

Overall though, I am very impressed.

Earl Grey
07-25-2002, 05:58 AM
I, as well (Hi DaveG! Hi ed! Welcome to Yesfans, the world's longest cocktail party, have a drink. Have a seat. Enjoy, and be part-of the show!), would like to know if there is any difference between the box-set's sound quality and the original releases.

Not that i wont buy it regardless; I just want to know whether i should get excited or not...

Thanx!

Earl:yesbird: