PDA

View Full Version : Hacked Today!

1yesfan
09-03-2006, 07:58 PM
As you may have seen we were hacked today. The hackers did not get in via the server or anyones PC. They got in via a add on (chat) that we have runnign on the site. For now the chat room will closed.

Yes2Yes
09-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Ok Tim. Good catch!

Jackaranda
09-03-2006, 08:00 PM
I think the hacker should be drawn and quartered, hung, beheadded, burned at the stake, and shot.

Yes2Yes
09-03-2006, 08:01 PM
I think the hacker should be drawn and quartered, hung, beheadded, burned at the stake, and shot.

And then we should really get mad!

cinderella
09-03-2006, 08:08 PM
And then we should really get mad!

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/voodoodoll.gif

I'm really mad. I myself was hacked two weeks ago, so I've had it up to here with hackers.

Where's the tar and feathers?

gunsfornuns
09-03-2006, 08:16 PM
I don't get it. What's the point of this? Just because? Maybe I'm too old to understand, but 'just because' is a bad reason. Isn't it?

PhaseDance
09-03-2006, 08:37 PM
...and ostracized.

(It's a new exercise program for ostriches.)

RickyG
09-03-2006, 08:40 PM

But not necessarily in that order....

True Believer
09-03-2006, 09:30 PM
I don't get it. What's the point of this? Just because? Maybe I'm too old to understand, but 'just because' is a bad reason. Isn't it?

I think it's just for the hell of it, to see if they can do it. Wankers.

smatt
09-03-2006, 09:37 PM
As you may have seen we were hacked today. The hackers did not get in via the server or anyones PC. They got in via a add on (chat) that we have runnign on the site. For now the chat room will closed.

Aha.... Good catch Tim, I see you're getting better at spotting these fukers... Likely the same guy or the same group of guys....

muff
09-03-2006, 09:47 PM
if you check the chat link there is a hacked message and an email address for someone

ddereli_10@hotmail.com

just wondering if anyone else has noticed this

I see it has been noted, now where is that tar brush

smatt
09-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Haven't looked at that Muff... Just another Anon e-mail remailer. Who knows where it's really coming from. .... Means little really......

Hex
09-03-2006, 09:58 PM
if you check the chat link there is a hacked message and an email address for someone

ddereli_10@hotmail.com

just wondering if anyone else has noticed this

I see it has been noted, now where is that tar brush

When I tried to log on earlier, there was a site unavailable page, but with a heading saying "this site has been hacked by"...and giving that email address.

I assumed everyone had seen the same thing.

smatt
09-03-2006, 10:03 PM
DO NOT e-mail that addy.. if the hacker indeed is using it as an anon e-mail addy.. They're going to love it when people start -----ing at them.... It's best to just ignore them.. Plug the vulnerabilities they're exploiting and move on. They want attention, don't give it to them...

Sheerah
09-04-2006, 12:48 AM

Boredom?
A sense of empowerment from someone without much self esteem?

BillGuitar
09-04-2006, 12:55 AM
Boredom?
A sense of empowerment from someone without much self esteem?

An American Idol contestant?

Joedude
09-04-2006, 12:58 AM
Control freak, malevolent behavior, huge ego, the "I can do something you can't" train of mind. It manifests itself in other actions in many ways of life.

DaveJB
09-04-2006, 10:13 PM
Good catch on the chat interface Tim! Shutting it down is probably the safest recourse, for the time being. Keeping it down, until you can lock out your server's ports that facilitate the chat, is probably the smartest move.

Imperatrix
09-04-2006, 11:55 PM

...and then spanked.

True Believer
09-05-2006, 01:09 AM
...and then spanked.

Nah, he'd enjoy that.

Imperatrix
09-05-2006, 02:33 AM
Nah, he'd enjoy that.

:dog: Well, then, I'd better forget my next 'Monty Python Castle Anthrax' suggestion.

Squire*Fan725
09-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Someone needs to send that damn hacker a really bad computer virus, one that completely fries up his puter for good, that'll learn him....

Andrea YouAndI
09-09-2006, 12:23 AM
Someone needs to send that damn hacker a really bad computer virus, one that completely fries up his puter for good, that'll learn him....

Great idea! But yet..who's going to obtain the virus and risk getting it on their computer or email program before they can send it to the bad guy? :shrug: There are probably techniques of doing it--but damned if I want to find out the hard way!