PDA

View Full Version : NEW: Yesfans World Skin

1yesfan
08-18-2006, 11:34 PM
I have added a new Yesfans skin. Called Yesfans World. At the moment it is the site default.

Andrea YouAndI
08-18-2006, 11:55 PM
Wow! What prompted the change? This is really kind of weird yet cool at the same time, albeit kinda confusing when you're used to the last one.

The freaky thing is, I was replying to a message just as you must have changed it. I hit "submit reply" and suddenly entered a metallic world where nothing was quite the same. As long as you don't change this into a spaceship like they did to Soldier Field in Chicago! LOL But give us a couple days and I'm sure it will be as familiar as the last format.

BTW, I did notice that you earlier added some great new emoticons. My favorites are this series of crazy little guys:

:dgdbll: :jammin: and the rest

1yesfan
08-18-2006, 11:57 PM
The new default is not set in stone. I will leave it for a day or so or not if folks complain a lot.

cinderella
08-18-2006, 11:58 PM
Wow this is kinda awesome! :winknudge

wolfhound
08-18-2006, 11:58 PM
The new default is not set in stone. I will leave it for a day or so or not if folks complain a lot.
Cool ! This is the first skin since good ol' number 7 that I might use.

Andrea YouAndI
08-19-2006, 12:01 AM
Sorry, didn't mean it if I sounded critical! :surrender

wolfhound
08-19-2006, 12:04 AM
Sorry, didn't mean it if I sounded critical! :surrender
You didn't sound critical at all ! I promise.:dnce:

wolfhound
08-19-2006, 12:06 AM
Wait. How do you log off with this skin???

1yesfan
08-19-2006, 12:08 AM
Ha ha ha, you cant right now. have to switch to another. I have yet to get some other functions in this one. 3 days posts, log off, and so forth!

wolfhound
08-19-2006, 12:09 AM
Oh, ok that's cool. I thought I was overlooking it. :D

luckeydoug1
08-19-2006, 12:10 AM
Hey Tim,

Play as much as you want, but please don't ever eliminate #7

cinderella
08-19-2006, 12:10 AM
I do like it a lot. After you tweak it I just might change over.

cinderella
08-19-2006, 12:11 AM
BTW, I did notice that you earlier added some great new emoticons. My favorites are this series of crazy little guys:

They are really cute. Hee-hee!

:polic: :lazy: :nwbed:

Andrea YouAndI
08-19-2006, 12:15 AM
Oh! You can change the skin? I'm not used to this kind of stuff so please inform me how. I'm dangerous when it comes to experimenting with computer settings...

cinderella
08-19-2006, 12:20 AM
Go to Options in your control panel and scroll clear to the bottom where it says forum skins. Choose one and click save changes. It's also on the bottom left of this page in the little drop down menu.

wolfhound
08-19-2006, 12:21 AM
Yes. Click "User CP" (near the top of every page) click "Edit options" (on the left of that page) and near the bottom of the next page, you can select the skin number. Until a few moments ago, skin "7" was being used. Then click "Save".

This will use the skin you chose, once you're logged in.

Update: oops. Cinders already posted the answer. :D

1yesfan
08-19-2006, 12:22 AM
Or scroll to bottom of any site page, bottom left, there is a drop down to change them on the fly also!

Yes.2
08-19-2006, 12:22 AM
I don't like the World skin...The fairy tale is vary nice though.

cinderella
08-19-2006, 12:24 AM
I don't like the World skin...The fairy tale is vary nice though.

I'd love that one but it's too green.

No offense Dominick. You're a very nice shade of green. :winknudge

BrianD
08-19-2006, 12:42 AM
With this skin every time I click on 'new posts' or 'three day posts' it opens up a new window which is rather annoying.

Yes.2
08-19-2006, 12:45 AM
I'd love that one but it's too green.

No offense Dominick. You're a very nice shade of green. :winknudge

yeah...I agree. The green is to light....If it was emerald green or deepforest green it would be perfect.

1yesfan
08-19-2006, 12:52 AM
With this skin every time I click on 'new posts' or 'three day posts' it opens up a new window which is rather annoying.

Fixed

True Believer
08-19-2006, 01:05 AM
Whoa! I go away for an hour, come back and my world's changed!

Looks OK Tim, I don't mind it.

1yesfan
08-19-2006, 01:10 AM
Whoa! I go away for an hour, come back and my world's changed!

Looks OK Tim, I don't mind it.

Thanks.

Remember folks you can go into your PROFILE and change the skin to what ever you want.

MrZuLu
08-19-2006, 02:21 AM
Wow! What prompted the change? This is really kind of weird yet cool at the same time, albeit kinda confusing when you're used to the last one.

The freaky thing is, I was replying to a message just as you must have changed it. I hit "submit reply" and suddenly entered a metallic world where nothing was quite the same. As long as you don't change this into a spaceship like they did to Soldier Field in Chicago! LOL But give us a couple days and I'm sure it will be as familiar as the last format.

OMG me toooooo

:friday: that was weird

Andrea YouAndI
08-19-2006, 06:24 AM
OMG I love the purple one!!!! I am keeping that one on today. I almost went for "blue fusion" since I like royal blue, I'm a Colts fan and it's football season, but darn it, purple is my true favorite color. Must follow my heart!

Hey Tim...on the purple skin the banner up top says "Your Forum Name" instead of Yesfans. No biggie but can you fix that? Thanks!

Yes2Yes
08-19-2006, 06:40 AM
I'll give it a whirl.

Yes2Yes
08-19-2006, 06:45 AM
Anyway you can put the Last 3 day icon somewhere, I can't get back to that on this skin.

1yesfan
08-19-2006, 11:06 AM
Anyway you can put the Last 3 day icon somewhere, I can't get back to that on this skin.

Which one?

1yesfan
08-19-2006, 11:06 AM

OMG I love the purple one!!!! I am keeping that one on today. I almost went for "blue fusion" since I like royal blue, I'm a Colts fan and it's football season, but darn it, purple is my true favorite color. Must follow my heart!

Hey Tim...on the purple skin the banner up top says "Your Forum Name" instead of Yesfans. No biggie but can you fix that? Thanks!

Yea I still need to get our logo in there!

RickyG
08-19-2006, 11:26 AM
I just spent about 20 minutes cruising around in here as a guest, reading posts, seeing how I liked the new World skin. Then I logged in and it converted back to good old #7.

I have to say that when #7 came up it was like a huge breath of fresh air, like the clouds cleared away, like the lights came on.

After only 20 minutes with the World skin, #7 by comparision is much easier on my eyes. But then you knew I'd be the one that disagrees!!

I'm curious to see if my response changes over the next couple of days with increased familiarity....

1yesfan
08-19-2006, 11:43 AM
I just spent about 20 minutes cruising around in here as a guest, reading posts, seeing how I liked the new World skin. Then I logged in and it converted back to good old #7.

I have to say that when #7 came up it was like a huge breath of fresh air, like the clouds cleared away, like the lights came on.

After only 20 minutes with the World skin, #7 by comparision is much easier on my eyes. But then you knew I'd be the one that disagrees!!

I'm curious to see if my response changes over the next couple of days with increased familiarity....

Do you ever have anything nice to say? Jeesh

MrZuLu
08-19-2006, 12:44 PM
I would really like to see the old #4 come back... I loved the Relayer serpent aand the earthy colors... easier on my eYes

1yesfan
08-19-2006, 01:06 PM
I would really like to see the old #4 come back... I loved the Relayer serpent aand the earthy colors... easier on my eYes

it won't be.

RickyG
08-19-2006, 02:03 PM
Do you ever have anything nice to say? Jeesh

I'll assume/pretend that you are joking.... :cool2: :sofunny:

Sharp
08-19-2006, 02:18 PM
Hmmm.... I have mixed feelings about the new layout. I much prefer the color scheme of number 7 but Yesfans World has a much nicer layout of all the main page elements. I particularly like haveing the PM info on the left. Could perhaps the color scheme of number seven be combined with the lay out of World? That would be ideal IMHO..

cinderella
08-19-2006, 02:23 PM
I've always used 7. It's been the best of all for me, but I really like this new one! I'm using it and so far I love it. I feel so -- 21st Century! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/Cinderella528/N99%20Smileys/pinkiesmiles.gif

cinderella
08-19-2006, 02:54 PM
The only problem I've noticed with this new skin, is that I can't change the color of the text in the quick reply box. I have to click the 'Go Advanced' button, which really isn't that much of a problem.

pauli
08-22-2006, 07:56 AM
Whoa, that purple skin was scary when I came in this morning!

Andrea YouAndI
08-22-2006, 10:02 AM
Whoa, that purple skin was scary when I came in this morning!

I like it--way better than that weird metallic 'welcome-to-the-machine' Yesfans world. Too robotic.

sissywoods
08-22-2006, 02:09 PM
Wish we could have the option to customize the site layout (membership plus?).. like you can at myspace with a layout generator/editor html? Or would that be too much of a resource hog or too complicated?.. just a thought.

pianozach
08-23-2006, 03:19 AM
Ha ha ha, you cant right now. have to switch to another. I have yet to get some other functions in this one. 3 days posts, log off, and so forth!
Log off?

You mean we're supposed to log off?

Guess I'm just a typical Mac user........

:1loudspkr

Rather very lavender, don't you think?

heartofthesunrise
08-23-2006, 07:52 AM
I'm liking it! And I like the whole new set-up, too.

luckeydoug1
08-23-2006, 10:15 AM
Let me sound in with my continued vote for #7. It is the best, and the easiest to work with for me.