PDA

View Full Version : Site Software Upgrade!

1yesfan
06-09-2006, 10:32 AM
In the coming days or week I hope to uplaod the latest version of software that runs this site. I would venture to say there will be some bugs with it at first as it seems to always work that way. The fuctionality of the site should still be there and allow you to post but please do not wig out on me or the staff if things are diff or not working right, right away.

Thanks

Tim

RickyG
06-09-2006, 10:43 AM
In the coming days or week I hope to uplaod the latest version of software that runs this site. I would venture to say there will be some bugs with it at first as it seems to always work that way. The fuctionality of the site should still be there and allow you to post but please do not wig out on me or the staff if things are diff or not working right, right away.

Thanks

Tim

Somehow I think the "fuctionality of the site" will always be here!! But that's part of it's charm!! ;)

smatt
06-09-2006, 10:45 AM
:eeek:

:cussing: Never happy with things the way they are you Tim :lmao:

Just kidding.... I'm sure it'll be yet another step forward :clap:

1yesfan
06-09-2006, 10:53 AM
Now that folks are giving up some of their own hard owned cash flow to help support the site and the new server I want to try to keep the most current and best version of software we run on up for the site.

1yesfan
06-09-2006, 10:53 AM
when you are the BEST you have to stay ahead of the curve.

smatt
06-09-2006, 12:08 PM
when you are the BEST you have to stay ahead of the curve.

The others aren't even close ;)

1yesfan
06-09-2006, 01:02 PM
agreed

InverYes
06-09-2006, 02:33 PM
I like the new look at the top of the page by the way.

Not quite sure what is new about it but it looks good!

float_your_climb
06-09-2006, 02:35 PM
I like the new look at the top of the page by the way.

Not quite sure what is new about it but it looks good!
Well on my computer...all the Yesworld stuff used to be green...now it matches the rest of the main page (blue). Much better :D

1yesfan
06-09-2006, 02:48 PM
actually it is not up there correctly and is not working as YW wants it too. I hope to fix it later this weekend.

InverYes
06-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Well on my computer...all the Yesworld stuff used to be green...now it matches the rest of the main page (blue). Much better :D

That's it! It does look much better.

Funny how you get so used to something that you can't tell when it changes.

Yes2Yes
06-09-2006, 03:10 PM
I like what I see all ready, Tim!

Scottie
06-09-2006, 10:06 PM
but please do not wig out on me or the staff if things are diff or not working right, right away.

Thanks

Tim

Wig out?

Just send 'em to me Tim I'll give 'em a batta bing :D

yesrolfer
06-10-2006, 05:20 PM
It appears we are back, anyone out there??

Imperatrix
06-10-2006, 05:42 PM
...uh...yuh....! :-)

1yesfan
06-10-2006, 05:43 PM
OK, well that was FUN! We are back. As you can tell my attempt to upgrade the site went over like a lead balloon. For now everything should be back to normal.

SO SORRY FOR ALL THE PROBLEMS. I was up till 5am today trying to get it back. THIS is why I wanted the server to be with someone else, they are the ones that got us back much sooner then I woudl have if I had to do it all.
The downtime was nothing that the server did to use. Strictly self induced by me!

SO SORRY!

Ernie90125
06-10-2006, 05:48 PM
Tim, never underestimate the gratitude fans feel for all your hard work. Remember that when things go wrong.

But please may I ask a question ? Why was a new version of the software needed ? Didn't we already have everything we needed before ? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Its great the site it back up......

luckeydoug1
06-10-2006, 05:51 PM
OK, well that was FUN! We are back. As you can tell my attempt to upgrade the site went over like a lead balloon. For now everything should be back to normal.

SO SORRY FOR ALL THE PROBLEMS. I was up till 5am today trying to get it back. THIS is why I wanted the server to be with someone else, they are the ones that got us back much sooner then I woudl have if I had to do it all.
The downtime was nothing that the server did to use. Strictly self induced by me!

SO SORRY!

Every time I attempt a server or other software upgrade I just cringe and hold my breath. Thank goodness for backups!

Don't be so hard on yourself. Things don't always go as planned when dealing with server software. I am fortunate in that I usually have a standby machine that I can "practice" on first.

Anyway... good to be back.

1yesfan
06-10-2006, 05:53 PM
Yea the IF IT AINT BROKE.... was on my mind last night. I was pissed at myself. The upgrade fixes some possible bugs (but ours is stable), it also adds some more functionality for members and more ADMIN stuff that makes it much more easy to make changes to the site. For instance, there are things right now that when I add them I have to update EACH style set manually, with the new SW I can do what is called a plug in, a few clicks and it is installed.
Oh well. I shall try again down the line.

Amy
06-10-2006, 06:43 PM

SO SORRY!
It's ok Tim. Do you know how much I got done today? lol

Dentist for both kids....
Eye exam and order new glasses for my son...
Brunch
Buy new sneakers for kids...
Buy new clothes for kids....
Haircut for my son...
Food shopping...

I'm not done yet, but thought I'd check in.
Nice to see the site improving.

Imperatrix
06-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Do you know how much I got done today? lol

Dentist for both kids....
Eye exam and order new glasses for my son...
Brunch
Buy new sneakers for kids...
Buy new clothes for kids....
Haircut for my son...
Food shopping...

Ooooooooh, Amy. Oooooooooh. C'mon...do the folding and ironing next...you do it soooo goood. Do it, do it, do it. Mmmmmmmm...it gets me soooooo hottttttt.....ooooohhhhhhhhhh....

:lmao:

yesrolfer
06-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Ooooooooh, Amy. Oooooooooh. C'mon...do the folding and ironing next...you do it soooo goood. Do it, do it, do it. Mmmmmmmm...it gets me soooooo hottttttt.....ooooohhhhhhhhhh....

And I felt excited about the site being up again, now this, give me some more!!

Amy
06-10-2006, 08:20 PM

Not tonight, Tasia. I have a headache.

Imperatrix
06-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Not tonight, Tasia. I have a headache.

::stalks away:: Hmmmmmf. Tease. The hell with this site--I'm goin' to try my luck on MILF Hunter.

;-)

Amy
06-11-2006, 10:37 AM
Trouble with pages loading again Tim. Seems to be back where it was before the dedicated server.

InverYes
06-11-2006, 10:53 AM
I'm OK.

smatt
06-11-2006, 10:55 AM
All's fine here Amy, must be your ISP.....

soulsearcher
06-11-2006, 11:01 AM
i'm OK, you're OK...

smatt
06-11-2006, 11:04 AM
OK computer..... Well my computer is OK.... As for me????? Well, I guess that depends on how you look at it... :lmao:

MrZuLu
06-11-2006, 11:30 AM
cold beer...

Breakfast of...

uh...

...of

hmmm... forgot what I was going to say!

site runs good from my end!

Amy
06-11-2006, 01:48 PM
Nevermind, stupid cookies again. It's ok now.

Amy
06-11-2006, 03:04 PM
Nevermind again. That lasted about 5 seconds.
It's definitely messed up again. Taking me around 4 tries to get into a thread, which doesn't load completely...and when I refresh, it takes me back to the index like it used to. Only happening today. It was ok last night.

Sheerah
06-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Ames, my guess would be that maybe you have a ton of spyware running, or a virus or something.

Amy
06-11-2006, 06:41 PM
I'm clean on this end She, but I'm not concerned. I just wanted Tim to be aware of it.

cinderella
06-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Everything's running fine for me.
I see the Yes World banner at the top of the page is back to green again.