PDA

View Full Version : Author Of A Big Thread, You Can Help!!!!

1yesfan
05-12-2006, 05:35 PM
As many of you know we are having bad site slow downs during peak times. As you know we enjoy a lot of active memebrship now. The down side to this is that we tend to have a ton of folks reading the same things at almost the same time. When you have a 500-700 post thread with pics, avatars, and so forth and you have 5 or more flks loading it that large thread can add to the mix and slow us down.
If you are the AUTHER OF A THREAD like this please keep an eye on it and if it hits 500+ posts and thousounds of views please go in and close that thread and open a part 2, 3, or what ever you are at.
We have many game threads that are active for instance. If you start, lets say, 10 ways to say no, and that thread hits 500+ posts close it and make a final post directing folks to see PART X. Then start a new thread of the same name with PART 2, 3, etc after it. Please note that you will be asked by a staffer to to this if we beat you too it.

cinderella
05-12-2006, 05:43 PM
Okay Tim. I started the "Favorite Photo" thread and it has over 600 posts and 12,000 views. I'll start a new one, but how do I close it? I've never done it before.

cinderella
05-12-2006, 05:50 PM
Okay never mind. I've closed my thread and opened a new one. :D