PDA

View Full Version : About that Free Speech Thing***

Dances w/PURPLE
05-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Greetings All:

An item came up recently regarding censoring of a photo. A little elaboration here which may clarify why something may get nip*tucked.

The story goes that a member was at school online at YESFANS and happened upon a photo someone had posted. Gazing it over this person did not notice the Prof. standing behind them. After a bit of embarrassment, (no, not looking at questionable websites really, honest) they were placed in a precarious situation that cornered them into some explanation. It was uncomfortable but it made me mindful of exactly what could be viewed as general discussion minus any excessive nudiy or profanity in large font.

BTW: That was my photo of the infamous cheerleader that is in question. It was removed and I strenuously objected until I heard the above story. So the moral of the story is think outside the monitor.

JaneEyre
05-10-2006, 03:52 PM
The moral of the story is that one should pay attention to one's lessons while in school and not surf the Net unless that is explicitly part of the curriculum. IMO.

Sheerah
05-10-2006, 04:15 PM
The moral of the story is that one should pay attention to one's lessons while in school and not surf the Net unless that is explicitly part of the curriculum. IMO.

Exactly!

I know that if my boss looks over my shoulder while this little disco man sits on the right of my screen, I too shall be embarrassed.

Dances w/PURPLE
06-15-2006, 03:02 AM

Jane I missed this post. Point well taken point well made!

BrianD
06-15-2006, 03:08 AM
Ahhh!....the cheerleader....the picture that got us really noticed by Yesworld

Dances w/PURPLE
06-15-2006, 03:11 AM
Ahhh!....the cheerleader....the picture that got us really noticed by Yesworld

May she rest in peace I heard Michele was over the top angry with it.
Good memories!

Martin Riley
06-15-2006, 03:14 AM
I always figured we needed more nudity here

That's why I'm sat here buck naked as I type this

But if the powers that be say I can't post a photo of it then so be it.

It's you that are missing out!!!!!

BrianD
06-15-2006, 03:16 AM
Yes Martin you did do well with those pom poms in the cheerleader photo - they were kind of big though

Dances w/PURPLE
06-15-2006, 03:16 AM
I always figured we needed more nudity here

That's why I'm sat here buck naked as I type this

But if the powers that be say I can't post a photo of it then so be it.

It's you that are missing out!!!!!

HIGH KICK TO YOU with my pom poms way up in the air Uncle Martin! hahaha.

Martin Riley
06-15-2006, 03:31 AM
HIGH KICK TO YOU with my pom poms way up in the air Uncle Martin! hahaha.

Now THAT'S a photo I'd love to see!!!

Earl Grey
06-15-2006, 07:03 AM
I rather liked that photo.

Ah well... In a society that drapes statues (what is so obscene about a cement breast? Dumbphuggs... Never mind), our lovely cheerleader is internet toast.

It's an education problem, on the part of the teacher.

True! Not Kidding.

EG:ele:

1yesfan
06-15-2006, 07:16 AM

You are very correct in that statement but all the same. What if the pic is in a thread that when the user came to it figured the thread was safe and in the process of reading it someone posted a off color pic in it that they thought fit the thread. I have not problem with it being taken down.
Lets remember that this is NOT a gov owned site. I own it. It is up on my home PC a TON and I have a 1o year old that while is told NOT get on the PC he will still from time to time. There are things here that he does not need to see. Overall this site is pretty wide open. I think the staff here does very little to get in the way!