PDA

View Full Version : 3/24/05 Outage

1yesfan
03-24-2006, 10:47 PM
Well we are back. Sorry for the huge outage today. I had a few things working againt me the last 24 hours.
First we went out of BW again then once that got bumped again then the site blew up with some type of issue with the files running the chat. So I had to remove that program (tonight) for now, will be added back sooner then later. The file blow up took place today while I was at work so at that time I was unable to try to fix it. I did email my server guru and once he got with me he gave me a few idea's to look at which I promptly dug a deeper hole that he got us out of tonight. THANKS JUSTIN!
Sooooo folks here is the deal. Our typical BW usage is around 20 to 25 mb monthly. Last month I think it was over 30 and this month as of tonight is close to 36mb! We are really busy now days and it appears to be staying that way. I also pay for the service for down times that I can not fix. Justins time aint free! So my costs are going to be goign up. That is why I push the shoppe, upgrade memberships, and the other stuff on the site, to help cover my costs.
I was absolutely bent up over the site being down. I hate when that happens. Sorry folks that it happened. I wouldn't feel so bad if I had a reasonable reason why. Having a file or what ever jsut go BOOM drives me crazy. It's been over a week since I had done and Mods, Hacks to the site so not sure what caused it.

heishere
03-24-2006, 11:24 PM
hey tim, sorry for all the worry you've had to deal with today... with yesfans out i finally took the time to go see what other yesgroups there are out there and wow, i couldn't find anything that comes close to this one... some of them had only a handfull of posts per day, per week... thanks for all your good work... and as for the outage, well, hey: it can happen to you, it can happen to me, it can happen to everyone eventually ;)

YesForSure.
03-24-2006, 11:38 PM
I was getting antsy not being able to view the trading room every 5 minutes like usual. Glad stuff is back up.

Amy
03-24-2006, 11:42 PM
with yesfans out i finally took the time to go see what other yesgroups there are out there and wow, i couldn't find anything that comes close to this one... some of them had only a handfull of posts per day, per week...
That's because we rule.
Thanks Tim, good luck with the chat room.

Sheerah
03-24-2006, 11:52 PM
You know Tim, I've been meaning to make a donation. But I just spent over $900 today on new tires, an alignment, and a new windshield. I had a crack clear across the entire windshield.

I promise, when my income tax returns get deposited into my bank account, I'll make a sizeable donation.

1yesfan
03-24-2006, 11:56 PM
dont worry about. Enlight of the new BW usage the costs will eclipse what I get off the site by jsut a little.

Hill St.
03-25-2006, 12:43 AM
Read this and went to the Shoppe.Dropped some coin.Hope it helps Tim!

Scooty
03-25-2006, 12:54 AM
You know Tim, I've been meaning to make a donation. But I just spent over $900 today on new tires, an alignment, and a new windshield. I had a crack clear across the entire windshield.

I promise, when my income tax returns get deposited into my bank account, I'll make a sizeable donation.

My She..Im soooooooooooooo happy you got your windshield fixed :).

Tim, once I have a little to spare I'll lay down a few fazoons as well.