PDA

View Full Version : 3/17/06 Outage

1yesfan
03-17-2006, 10:42 PM
As you know we were down most of today. Again we hit our Bandwidth limit. We have been much more busy the last 6 weeks or so. That is part of the issue. The other part is a certain search engine is HAMMERING the site. I have taken soe steps today to limit the amount of times that one can access us. Typically web crawling/search engine thingies is a good thing to have. So I do not want to turn the site off to them. Plus if I did that then the google bot could not feed the site ads very well at all. So for now I have set up a file that the search bots look at and lets see if that will slow this one down. When you coem here and you see 100 guests, over the last weeks 60 to 80 of them have been ONE BOT.
I contacted the server owner and had him bump our limit so we can be online. The site is much more busy these days with user activity so while that is a good thing we will start to see future growing pains. My next step for the site is to put it on its own dedicated server. BUT that is 300 bucks a month and sadly the income from the site and the various ways it come in falls well short of that amount. If we can get to our own server we could do more as far as streaming music and the like.

1yesfan
03-17-2006, 10:43 PM
If we go to that server, I think I would like to see YESFANS RADIO come alive on this site. Have our OWN site to play Yes!

yesyadda
03-17-2006, 11:31 PM
Wow. Tim you're my hero.

Psychedelic Painter
03-18-2006, 12:29 AM
So, that explains why I couldn't log in! :D

True Believer
03-18-2006, 01:15 AM
Felt like my right arm had been cut off .... Glad we're back on the air, thanks Tim!

InverYes
03-18-2006, 06:20 AM
If we go to that server, I think I would like to see YESFANS RADIO come alive on this site. Have our OWN site to play Yes!

Now THAT would be cool!

$300 a month is a lot to guarantee as a regular income though.

Tell you what - I'll buy a lottery ticket tonight - just for you!

deelovesyes
03-18-2006, 06:46 AM
It was awful coming home from work yesterday and not being able to get on here.

Felt really weird
Glad we are back.

Just shows how important our donations are

Scottie
03-18-2006, 11:41 PM
Felt like my right arm had been cut off .... Glad we're back on the air, thanks Tim!

My left arm.
thanks too