03-11-2006, 02:26 AM
I'm goin I'm goin I'm goin I'm goin..........FINALLY
Portland or Seattle?

Dakini
03-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Portland Mr. Zulu

pedro skychaser
03-20-2006, 03:52 PM
ecky thump! jon's first show is nearly upon us +due to the tyranny of distance-will have to as usual vicariously follow it thru the good posts of you guys goin to see it!!the nighttingale is landing!!

petermcguiness.triupod.com YESUK BIGTIME

True Believer
03-20-2006, 07:28 PM
ecky thump! jon's first show is nearly upon us +due to the tyranny of distance-will have to as usual vicariously follow it thru the good posts of you guys goin to see it!!the nighttingale is landing!!

petermcguiness.triupod.com YESUK BIGTIME
Go on, Peter! Make the trip to the West Coast for Jon ....

pedro skychaser
03-21-2006, 03:54 AM
unfortunately TB,family+work commitments(also bank balance) preclude me from doing just that so i shall remain immersed in the sweet,warm world of Illawarra Rd---but then again the bracing seattle air+passing whale migrations are good @ this time of year!

"loki looked to the north and the rising star"

Earl Grey
03-21-2006, 03:57 AM
I'm going to the LA show!!!

Can't wait, what a fun month.

Sheerah
03-21-2006, 02:55 PM

Me too! :bncy:

CybrKhatru
03-21-2006, 03:48 PM
We might venture out for the LA show, since it's on a Friday night. My buddy David has 2 extra tix which we might take off his hands..

Gotta get a wheelchair though. Earl, do you know where we can get an affordable rental?

---Matt

Silent_wings
03-21-2006, 09:16 PM
Me too! :bncy:

Me three :D

Matt I'll see if I can get my friend to loan you her's. She doen't use it anymore.

Hill St.
03-21-2006, 10:28 PM

Can't wait, what a fun month.
It is Bro!!!!!Spring is here and life is good!See ya, next week and me too and me three as well.

MrZuLu
03-27-2006, 04:32 AM
sigh

I am going alone

tonight, tonight

alone again tonight

wait
that's a genesis song

oh well
tis true I am afraid
nary a second acknowledged YesFan is attending

I stand alone
The Flag mine to wield alone...

peace and long life
Michael!

Tedster the Yesma
03-27-2006, 04:55 PM
We're going to Portland - can't wait. Taking the whole family - Erin who is Seven will be enjoying her first gig - good way to start her off I think.

See you all there - anyone else doing Portland - Pre-Show - where?

MrZuLu
03-28-2006, 04:17 AM
http://yesfans.com/forum/images/icons/dnce.gifThis was the most amazing show, 2 hours 10 minutes of spellbinding music... :headset:

:headset: you will laugh and sing and http://yesfans.com/forum/images/icons/dnce.gif and and and

Jon was awesome... :headset:

I simply can't figure out where to start or what to say...http://yesfans.com/forum/images/icons/dnce.gif
:headset:
he has his MIDI thing down pat! :headset:
http://yesfans.com/forum/images/icons/dnce.gif
ya'll gonna love the show
:headset:

MrZuLu
03-28-2006, 04:20 AM
BTW it was nearly sold out
450+ in attendance

Truly an amazing show...

kinda wish I had blow my savings on Jon rather than...

nevermind

Jon was fantastic!

MrZuLu
03-28-2006, 04:26 AM
OH almost forgot...

Although I missed speaking to Alan In LA at the knitting factory...

I did get to shake his hand and speak briefly with him tonight as he and his lovely wife were there to support Jon's opening for the Pacific Rim Tour...

Just thought ya'll would like to know that!

Earl Grey
03-28-2006, 04:29 AM
I can't WAIT till Friday!!!

I MISS Jon, damn I miss him.

Great report there Zoo!

Midi is what it is, Jon has such a human element to himself... It will balance.

Friday Friday FRIDAY!

EG

MrZuLu
03-28-2006, 04:31 AM
Earl, you are going to be surprized. He has progressed hugely since East Coast leg!

he looks like you though

he forgot to shave!

LMAO
:dog:

Earl Grey
03-28-2006, 04:35 AM
I have the DVD of his Tour Of The Universe...

How is this tour different? Not that I didn't love 'Universe'. A fine document.

How would you describe the advancements Jon has made recently, just out of curiosity...

I haven't heard anything more recent than that which was on the DVD... WHich I thought was wonderful.

Just curious!

FRIDAY! WHOOWHOO!

EG

MrZuLu
03-28-2006, 04:36 AM
Fashion watch!
He was wearing a Tee with his logo on it and jeans and Rebox it looked like. Looked like he was growing his hair out again as well.

Sorry no pix... Benaroya Staff were 2 steps past anal about cameras

Earl Grey
03-28-2006, 04:37 AM
I only shave around the edges of things...

Occassionally I'll trim the beard into a true Goatee...

I'm a lazy mofo! ;)

Altres
03-28-2006, 04:38 AM
He was wonderful in Edinburgh last year, just wonderful. Such a supremely warm human. He spent time with myself and a friend (who uses a wheelchair) right after the gig; in fact as he went off of stage he bowed to my friend specifically.

If anyone gets the chance to speak to him, tell him the drunk, stoned, bald drunk guy he chatted to in Edinburgh thanks him for his generosity of spirit.

Brian

MrZuLu
03-28-2006, 04:43 AM
the midi sound was fuller and decidedly more practiced..
much tighter and thick sounding.

More strings less drum machine

and just tighter...
By friday he will be spot on... he was a little off on chords but that was because of first night opening butterflies. The MIDI seemed to reel him in a couple time... That was more or less like a Metronome kinda...
Overall the show was fuller and more complete...

the Malmo recording from last summer sounds like a rehearsal compared to tonight

and he simply can't get the CTTE lyrics down
he forgot the same line he always forgets :lol:

Earl Grey
03-28-2006, 05:07 AM
HAHA!

Jon needs his teleprompter for goshsakes!

I would too... "Bluebird in time/suntower dancing/mother/lover/moonblast/junegasp ...was that it?"

Hell, I forget lyrics all the time as well. And they aren't half as weird as Jon's.

FRIDAY!

Scooty
03-28-2006, 05:11 AM
F R I D A Y!!!!

Altres
03-28-2006, 05:22 AM
Such terrible news, I just read that Jon has a sore throat and cannot perform the gigs. However the good news is that Steve Nardelli will be standing in for him on guest vocals. :D

Onwards, ever onwards.

brian

Scooty
03-28-2006, 05:24 AM
Such terrible news, I just read that Jon has a sore throat and cannot perform the gigs. However the good news is that Steve Nardelli will be standing in for him on guest vocals. :D

Onwards, ever onwards.

brian

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Love you Brian!!!

MrZuLu
03-28-2006, 05:31 AM

Onwards, ever onwards.

brian
:eeek:

Andersonic
03-28-2006, 07:48 AM
Please leave Steve N. out of a Jon thread!

Songs mr.Zulu! What songs did he play??

MrZuLu
03-28-2006, 01:50 PM
much of what he played was unfamiliar.
let me think about it. I come up with most of the setlist
two off friends of mr cairo

he opened with Long Distance Run Around
CTTE: 1. The solid Time of Change (and of course he blew the lyrics)
AYAI: 1. Cord Of Life
soon
your move
part of Olias I think
two off Jon & Vangelis
a totally whacked version of Owner of a lonely heart that was very entertaining!
a couple snippets from Tales

i will think of more
he played for 2 hours 10 minutes

jimmygtr
03-28-2006, 02:00 PM
Looks like Soho in Santa Barbara is sold out.

Andersonic
03-28-2006, 02:29 PM
2 hours and 10 minutes is very promising! I'm keepin an eye on Dime A Dozen...

jcostello
04-15-2006, 05:07 PM
Looks like Soho in Santa Barbara is sold out.

Yeah, it was pretty packed. What a great show! Although the setlist was basically the same as what he did in Indy and at the House of Beast in Chicago, it seemed like a better show than those two, probably because Jon had the "home-court advantage," so to speak. Must have been a California-related thing of some kind, or something in the air (other than smog).

Only bummer was that I got to Santa Barbara only a half-hour before the show (had to fly to Dallas rather than Denver, THEN to Santa Ana), so I didn't get to wander the beach and check out the trees donated by Michael Douglas (some other time, perhaps).

I wonder if Jon and Jane are renewing their wedding vows; Jon was singing something about "marry me again" during the keyboard interval. I tried to ask Jane about it, but was shooed away before she said anything to me. Well, if they do, congratulations to them, and if they don't, hey, thank you, the show was marvelous!

John Super Mega Happy with Santa Barbara Show Yesfan

jcostello
04-15-2006, 05:14 PM
much of what he played was unfamiliar.
let me think about it. I come up with most of the setlist
two off friends of mr cairo

he opened with Long Distance Run Around
CTTE: 1. The solid Time of Change (and of course he blew the lyrics)
AYAI: 1. Cord Of Life
soon
your move
part of Olias I think
two off Jon & Vangelis
a totally whacked version of Owner of a lonely heart that was very entertaining!
a couple snippets from Tales

i will think of more
he played for 2 hours 10 minutes

If you got anything off Olias, you were lucky. He didn't do a fragment of it in Santa Barbara.

It still strikes me as weird that he has the Olias symbols on the stage, this year marks the album's 30th anniversary, it would sound really cool to hear it (all or any of it) on the new guitar(s), he knows we WANT to hear it, the '76 tour was the only one where he played a bit of it (and it was more a bit that RESEMBLED something from Olias rather than an actual bit FROM Olias), and yet he doesn't do any of it.

If I ever win the lottery, I'm going to offer Jon an obscene amount of money to play the whole bloody album live. Wish me luck.

John Super Mega Crazed to Hear Sunhillow Live Yesfan

jcostello
04-15-2006, 05:16 PM
I only shave around the edges of things...

Occassionally I'll trim the beard into a true Goatee...

I'm a lazy mofo! ;)

I wish I could have seen you while I was out there, and I wish that you could have seen my beard. Longest it's ever been, and I shaved it all off a few days later.

John Super Mega Beardless Yesfan

pedro skychaser
04-20-2006, 04:55 PM
Jon in the Far East now,no reviews yet but one can imagine...suki was eating her breakfast,raw fish+rice+diet coke,just watching sailor moon on her laptop ,when in came her father Sho-rin,all excited +flustered,"2 tickets to paladice,2 tickets to paladice"...she was used to his behaviour,as the only parent in her prefecture to have lived in america he often stood out with his "gaigen" behaviour-the loss of face was appalling for young Suki in front of her friends...she loved him so regardless,he did have a spark that most of the other besuited dads did not...she went with him and that night for the very first time could believe that a foreigner sang like an angel....