PDA

View Full Version : Current Members

frodoadventure
05-23-2001, 04:37 PM
The forum for past members is a great place to discuss their current events and past works. Maybe a forum dedicated to the current members would be a great place for people to discuss and debate all of the current members talents and their many, many solo albums.

1yesfan
05-23-2001, 04:51 PM
This is a great idea that for now would fall in the Yesmusic forum. Maybe once membership is enough to support it we could make a sep. forum for it. But at this point it would be just another forum that would not get many posts. To many forums tends to turn folks away also.

frodoadventure
05-23-2001, 10:33 PM
Yes, that makes sense. Thanks for the reply!

1yesfan
05-24-2001, 12:03 AM
Any more ideas? keep them coming!

frodoadventure
08-30-2001, 02:32 PM
Idea revival! :D See how the poll goes!

Earl Grey
09-01-2001, 05:15 AM
Not that YES is obsessed by 'New Age' philosophy or anything: (all songs about 'chicks' and 'cars').
Anyhow, what about a thread on YES' 'spirituality'? WHAT, I mean (does anybody REALLY know????) what, does JON/STEVE really believe in???
"Frisbie-terians": when you die, you become a 'Frisbie', you are spun onto the roof, where you become 'sun-bleached' until 'DAD' climbs up, retreives you, and throws you down to "Rover", who 'buries' you, only to re-appear at the moment of 'Harmonic Conversience"!!!
:yesbird: What exactly 'does' Jon mean? I'd LOVE to know (not that I'm going to sell all my possessions or anything!)!
"E"

09-01-2001, 05:24 PM
Hey Earl Grey,

Perhaps this is too elementary for you--regarding what Jon believes in--but on his Opio website link his religious beliefs are explored somewhat. He is into this woman called, "The Divine Mother" who was born in Hawaii. She is now deceased. I looked for literature on her in this well-known metaphysical bookstore when I was in Boulder--(when I was there for the Yes show)--to no avail. I'm not sure if there are any actual books written by her but some of her philosophy is explored on that Opioworld site.
As far as Steve goes, I've never actually heard except to say that he meditates and is vegetarian. But like I said, this is probably far too elementary for what you were wanting... But alas, that's all I know. Anyone else have any other knowledge?

We Have Heaven

Earl Grey
09-01-2001, 08:22 PM
Well, that's pretty good for starters! Steve is somewhat reticent about his beliefs, in interviews & such (I mean, I'm a Vegetarian, and have been known to meditate, but that describes a good portion of the human population: many different reasons for doing both).
Anyway, thanks for your quick response! Anyone else?

ronw
09-01-2001, 09:09 PM
If you go to The SRK spiritual Family Homepage you can find a testimony from Jon & Jane. Also you can get all the info you want on Jons beliefs from this website.http://srkspiritualfamily.org/

Earl Grey
09-04-2001, 04:43 AM
Thanx Ron! Sounds like 'Jon' to me! Hmmm. Now what about Steve? Ha ha! We could just run on down the line here! Chris? Perhaps Bacchanalia, hmm... Rick Wakey: We Know, We know!
Alan? Doesn't talk much, does he!

Earl Grey
09-10-2001, 10:36 AM
Bye the way, having read Jon's testimonies and some of the literature on The Divine Mother (at the above-mentioned website; 'thanks Robert!'), I thought to myself, It Figures!
Everything Jon talks about in his ''testimony' is filled with Love, kindness, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness: all the true 'fruits of the Spirit', so to speak, which I had figured that he would anyway!
I would've been surprised if it was some self-centered, nasty religious 'thing'.
Good people are drawn to good thoughts & beliefs: looks like Jon is following a lovely path: a lot of love and concern for his family...Debbie, Damien & Jade...
Speaking of which: I recently read in the LA Times that 'Jade Anderson' is soon to release an album of R&B music: appearently she has 'quite the voice'. I hope she does great out there, and meets with manifold levels of success! Children of Light :yesbird: