PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who went??

joedawg
11-21-2005, 12:18 PM
Howdy Yesfans... Joe here.. I went to the show last night, and of course, it was fantastic. Jon played Turn of the Century and it came off great.

Set list was the usual.... He's very relaxed and having a great time at these gigs. I too had an issue with inept security at the show trying to organize (or disorganize) the line for the meet and greet.

I was suffering from a cold, so I told Jon I had to pass on a handshake. He told me to "be well" which was a nice thing to say...

Anyway, Jon looked and sounded great, was in a wonderful mood, and played a great show.

Have fun all!
Joe

Jackaranda
11-21-2005, 01:13 PM
I was there! Look on the thread "Have you met any current Yes members", a few people have posted there.

Yes, it was a very special evening, and getting to meet Jon and Janeeeee was a great thrill, as well as seeing some of my fellow Yes friends. And yes, Turn of the Century was the highlight of the show for me. It was amazing!

kellyyesfan
11-21-2005, 03:59 PM
I was there - front row, right next to Janeeeeee. I had a short but wonderful little talk with her. Jon was wonderful, as always! I met some nice people. Ron and his wonderful son Harmon, a couple from Coleman, and Darryl and his friend ( I forgot his name). Purple Wolfhound too. I also saw Kathi (formerly upbgirl and always full of energy) and met her friends. Also sat with Vic who I had known from the London Ontario show.

Jon looked and sounded wonderful. What a thrill it was. Just thinking about it, brightens this grey and gloomy day we are having today.

Vic Anderson
11-21-2005, 04:21 PM
man it was soo cool

kellyyesfan
11-21-2005, 04:25 PM
man it was soo cool

Post your pictures, Vic!

Vic Anderson
11-21-2005, 04:26 PM
soon oh soon i need a cable

kellyyesfan
11-21-2005, 04:33 PM
soon oh soon i need a cable

ps. Thanks you for the coffee crisps (he loved them!) and the dvd's. You didn't buy that Rick one, did you? It looks like a real copy. I don't want you spending your hard earned money on me. If you need any cash for these things, let me know.
Kelly

Roan's Lady
11-21-2005, 06:30 PM
Howdy Yesfans... Joe here.. I went to the show last night, and of course, it was fantastic. Jon played Turn of the Century and it came off great.

???!!!

I am hallucinating, yes, that's it...

Jackaranda
11-21-2005, 06:49 PM
No you aren't. If was magnificent.

Timmo
11-21-2005, 07:37 PM
Glad you had a great time and welcome to Yesfans JoeDawg (great name btw).

Hacman
11-21-2005, 09:15 PM
???!!!

I am hallucinating, yes, that's it...

Amy, he tried it out at Westbury, after someone shouted it out from the audience. He mentioned that he had practiced it before he started the tour. He didn't get it exactly right, but it was still great and the audience gave him a standing ovation afterwards.

I had two thoughts afterwards
1) That was great!
2) Amy's gonna be pissed he didn't do it at B.B. Kings

Roan's Lady
11-21-2005, 10:52 PM
Amy, he tried it out at Westbury, after someone shouted it out from the audience. He mentioned that he had practiced it before he started the tour. He didn't get it exactly right, but it was still great and the audience gave him a standing ovation afterwards.

I had two thoughts afterwards
1) That was great!
2) Amy's gonna be pissed he didn't do it at B.B. Kings

Holy Cow!!! That's it. Next time I see him, I will do the Roan's Ladylike thing and force him to sing it. Brother - at BBs, he could have sung ToTC instead of the sombreroed-pineapple-inspired tune.

How did he handle the instrumental parts? What did he have trouble with and what was good? Be objective. I want to know the real skinny on how this was.

Hacman
11-21-2005, 11:06 PM
Holy Cow!!! That's it. Next time I see him, I will do the Roan's Ladylike thing and force him to sing it. Brother - at BBs, he could have sung ToTC instead of the sombreroed-pineapple-inspired tune.

How did he handle the instrumental parts? What did he have trouble with and what was good? Be objective. I want to know the real skinny on how this was.

He just did it with his acoustic guitar. He didn't try anything other than strumming chords. He stopped twice because he didn't get it right.

Was it a great performance of the song? No. Was it a heartfelt attempt and beautiful, despite the missteps? Yes.

sissywoods
11-22-2005, 09:42 AM
Some pictures from the show that Jack took:

http://eshare.hpphoto.com/en/home/welcome.asp?JobID=75128347-bd1f-4a27-a007-e478853f4e72

joedawg
11-22-2005, 10:31 AM
Wowie, I started a nice thread here... Thanks for the welcome to the forum.

I've lurked around here for a while, but nice to be chatting with you folks.

I'm sure I've seen many of you at shows before... I'm up to 25 yes shows since 1991.

And I'm in the Tsongas DVD! Whoohoo!

I'm also one of the ones who did the ultimate yes experience at Radio City Music Hall on the 2002 tour. Remember the Ebay auction thing? My friend and I got it....

Anyway... As good as the show was, I'm ready for Yes again.

Take care all.
JOEDAWG

Jackaranda
11-22-2005, 10:48 AM
Thanks Sissy!! :)

The group shot is, L-R, Phil (Purple Wolfhound), Kay, me and Kathi (upbgirl). There were also a number of other very nice Yes folks around who helped make the wait to meet Jon turn into a nice mini get together.

A great night!

JaneEyre
11-22-2005, 11:07 AM
Thanks Sissy!! :)

The group shot is, L-R, Phil (Purple Wolfhound), Kay, me and Kathi (upbgirl). There were also a number of other very nice Yes folks around who helped make the wait to meet Jon turn into a nice mini get together.

A great night!
LOL, you all look pretty blissed-out!

muff
11-22-2005, 11:28 AM
Great photo's Jack,

nice to see you met up with kathi and everyone,

those signing queue's can be wonderful for getting to know new freinds,

that red eye, dosn,t it add something to the photo's of Jon and Janee, :D

Jackaranda
11-22-2005, 12:21 PM
Yeah....lol!! I tried to remove that.

Purple Wolfhound
11-22-2005, 02:11 PM
Cool pics, Jack! I must have been having a really sweet dream, though - eyes closed (as usual) and a big smile on my face...

deelovesyes
11-22-2005, 02:15 PM
Great pictures Jack

Did any of you give Kathi a hug from me?!

Dee

Bugeyes
11-22-2005, 02:18 PM
Way cool! That's a great pic of you four.

(ummmmm, I didn't like Janeeee's hair up...don't hurt me, please.) Jon looks very good too.

And hi joedawg! Welcome to YesFans.

kellyyesfan
11-22-2005, 02:44 PM
Great pictures Jack

Did any of you give Kathi a hug from me?!

Dee

Well I gave her a hug....we can say it was from you (lol).

new_sum_do_solve_ay
11-22-2005, 02:57 PM
He just did it with his acoustic guitar. He didn't try anything other than strumming chords. He stopped twice because he didn't get it right.

Was it a great performance of the song? No. Was it a heartfelt attempt and beautiful, despite the missteps? Yes.

What's amazing is that he finished! I have always been amazed by how MUCH memory they need to have! Just for a few songs it's tremendous. I don't doubt he can play, I bet he just forgot what's next ya know. Seems real to me I like that.

Jackaranda
11-22-2005, 04:52 PM

I gave her several - it was so nice to finally see her, and see that she's well.

deelovesyes
11-22-2005, 04:59 PM

HeeHee thank you

Sheerah
11-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Kathi looks great!
And it's always great to see Phil's smiling face.
Jack, you and Kay look like each other. That's kinda cute.

Jon and Janeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee always look good to me. Look at the perfect profile that Janeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee has.

Jackaranda
11-23-2005, 04:46 AM
Yeah, Janeeeeee is a very beautiful woman.

True Believer
11-23-2005, 04:52 AM
Thanks for posting the pics, Jack!

Jackaranda
11-23-2005, 05:09 PM
John, go to the page before and click on where Sissy posted, her link.

float_your_climb
11-23-2005, 08:49 PM
Great pictures, Jack! Thanks so much for posting them, Sissy!

You all look great. I'm so glad that Kathi got to meet up with everyone...and she gave Jon a goody bag, too :)

This makes my Thanksgiving all the better, seeing those pics.

Purple Wolfhound
11-23-2005, 10:27 PM
Great pictures, Jack! Thanks so much for posting them, Sissy!

You all look great. I'm so glad that Kathi got to meet up with everyone...and she gave Jon a goody bag, too :)

This makes my Thanksgiving all the better, seeing those pics.
Wish you could have been there, Pam - heck, I wish EVERYBODY could have been there! Royal Oak is definitely a Yes fans kind of town...

mood for today
12-12-2005, 01:28 PM
jack....you look so dang happy!! so great to see that!

and kath....i can't remember a photo with your hair not pulled back??? hardly recognized ya....

and phil.......well.....what can one say about the jaegerbomber........

Jackaranda
12-12-2005, 01:46 PM
A special night for sure. Thanks for the kind words mood, and seeing Kathi and Phil and meeting the other people we met was such a treat. And yeah, Kay is a special lady who's really helped to make life good! My kids love her already.

Kathi, those cookies were gone the next morning. They were awesome!!

Jackaranda
12-12-2005, 02:11 PM
the NEXT MORNING??? SLACKER!! HAHAHA!!

welcome to the land of red flannel wearin, gun-totin, meat eatin, beer drinkin rednecks, jack!

we might be a bit 'behind the times' here, but we have Good Hearts and arent afraid to work HARD!! It's GREAT ya moved to the thumb!!

we WILL meet again-of THAT i am certain!!

HI KAY!! thank you for living in Michigan!! ;)

Don't forget.....I lived in Tennessee and Kentucky most my life. We know about all that stuff.

It's beautiful country where we live, very remote, and man, the snow! It snows all the time here! We'll end up back in KY eventually, but for now I'm enjoying life here and yes, the people have been great!

TNyesfan
12-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Don't forget.....I lived in Tennessee and Kentucky most my life. We know about all that stuff.

Yeah! AND a southerner doesn't even bother to take the Marlboro out of his mouth before he tells the state trooper to kiss his azz!

Naw, I'm kidding, Kathi! Ya'll are tough!
Just don't turn your back on me or Jack after we've had a whiskey. :lmao:

Those are really nice pics. Awwwwwwwww!
You all look like old friends. Well, I guess by now, you are.
That's so nice that you all got together!
((((((((((((((Phil, Kay, Jack, Kathi))))))))))))))))))))))

Jackaranda
12-12-2005, 03:12 PM
It certainly seemed like we were old friends. Seems like that now. I feel like I've known Kathi and Phil forever anyway. It's just an incredibly good feeling being at a Yes show with fellow Yes friends. It's the best there is, and Kay certainly feels the same. She was sincerely impressed by the good vibes there.

chungiemunchin
12-28-2005, 09:19 AM
There is a certain feeling I can revisit whenever listening to say, 'A Time and a Word'. It is a feeling of innocence (I was just 15 yrs. old when I first heard it and Yes). It is a remembrance of snow falling (it was in the winter when Ifirst started hearing this album) and a certain magical feeling. Excitement in hearing a new group from England with such freshness...such newness. I remember how head over heels in love with this band's music was I! These feelings only enhanced my experience of falling in love with my first girlfriend (who was also the person who happened to have turned me onto Yes). First loves, both Yes and she.......and me so innocently swept along by both! Ah....yes.....I can still go back to those moments when listening to A Time and a Word. If it would just snow in the winter here in Maryland. That is one thing that has changed. When I was a boy, it would snow every winter here. Now....well......now it hardly ever snows. What is with these people who adamantly claim there is no global warming despite all of the evidence to the contrary? Are these the same people who are just as adamant about there NOT being a God.....willfully ignorant of the miraculous systems that are their own bodies and minds? That kind of blindness I do not understand. And the funny part is......many are actually intelligent beings otherwise. But, you give them something as obvious as the warming trends of our weather or the absoluteness of our God and creator, and they turn into peasant rogues with no logic!

Ah....but those feelings that are stirred when l listen to 'ATime and a Word!'