PDA

View Full Version : Yes Fans Tab Forum

junomon
03-17-2005, 03:11 AM
Recently, I responded to a few threads posted by other YesFans musicans who are looking for tablature. What is availalbe on the market, hardly covers what someone out there could share with the rest of we who struggle with Steve's and Yes' work. My idea would be to have a TAB exchange Forum added to Yesfans. Tablature submissions would have to be that of the originator and not that of copyrighted Yes material. I suggest that this site would have to be monitored by someone who has a reasonable aptitude for playing/reading tablature for a certain degree of accuracy, be reasonably able to read musical annotations (which CANNOT be submitted for a Fan
Tablature Forum--copyright issues).

The idea isn't to rip-off of Yes' music, more that essentially an idea for some those who have the ability to transcribe their particular interpretations of Steve Howe and Yes music to the Tab Forum to give the rest of us, who may be interested, at the very least good reference to begin from. Chord submissions are also common (which is a good way for some to teach oneself some lead intrepretations based on the chords).

For what it's worth.

Ken

PO
03-17-2005, 05:11 AM
Not a bad idea. It would be nice to include the many instruments Yes uses, like keyboards, bass, etc. This might change the name of the forum, though.

Maybe a subforum under Yesfans Play Instruments titled, "Here is how to play ...". Then, any kind of submission can be entered. Maybe.

Links to other things on-line is helpful, too.

I would have to look around for all of the things I've put in various threads. It may just be easier to start over!

Nes
03-17-2005, 05:49 PM
I think that if we were to have one for every instrument, you'd want it broken into sections for the different instruments, because it would become cluttered and if you were looking for a guitar tab for a song and all you could find were a bunch of bass tabs or keyboard notes... You get my point..

I do however think that it's a fantastic Idea seeing as most guitar tabs sites don't have many tabs and the yes tab sites never are updated, which can be a pretty large hinderance for beginner/intermediate players who aren't very good at playing by ear/use tab as a basis for the rest of the song...

Stevehoweworshipu!
03-20-2005, 05:17 PM
Great site for
YES Tabs. But i've still being looking for a good tab of "roundabout" since for ever!!
http://yesguitar.yestalk.org/maintabs.html