PDA

View Full Version : An open letter to this site

STARRSHIP TROOPER
02-09-2005, 10:41 AM
I guess the mike has been left on for me by Tim to explain. Most of you I know by my something wonderful thread, don't have a clue what hapened.
In a long thought out time I put here in YesFans a puzzle of sorts to see if this site and it's owner were the proper place for the New England group to be represented and wether I should return in full effort here to spread our love and honest apriecation of the music and love of Yes and the people who love them. The answers I sought came from two people here that just didn't get it or try and they're solution to the puzzle quiz was to try to move it into another forum. Brian D. came the closest to the answer. He wrote with what he had read from me in the past and from his heart. Good job! Paulo was a key to you all in his reply. He didn't understand the words but came back to learn. This site needed to learn that out side it there are a lot of people who dislike some of the messages comeing out of here and I had hoped that actions by the members to bring the good back here whould have been heard by now.
So Starrship in what I was told a very Adult action removed my threads and whanted no further asociation with the New England group and a chapter in YesFans. This was not a rash on the spot desition. I thought it out and seeing the behavior of the site owner chose last night as the time to leave. For all you New England Chapter members that I did not notify, I apoligize only for that. I do not whant you to leave YesFans. You are so well looked apon here. Only the site owner, a moderator or the person that starts a thread can delete it. I deleted what I started , I think in this contry I still have that freedom. You can now start your own again. And Go ahead call it the New England Chapter if you wish. My name won't be on it. I did not say I was braking up our group, it will go on and you know where to find me. If you chose not to be conected with me I wish no ill will agaist you but encourage you to continue in the spirit of our love for Yes and to encourage other chapters to form world wide. Ask the New York people, The Southeast chapter. It is something special. This Idealism is all I will leave here at Yes Fans. Maybe one day down the road I will hear of the Pure forum that Tim started this site with in 2001 has come back. And at that time I may ask permition to join your family again.
In closing I find it odd that My actions here caused such a stir. I was told by the Tim last night that no one cares what I do or that I will be missed by anyone. So my thoughts and love for the many has only been my fantacy. I will cherish those imagained responces for ever. I can not say any more it is too sad to write.
To use a word freely like my friend Jasper Joppe Geers. " LOVE"
I love You!
STARRSHIP TROOPER

Please delete my membership on behalve of those I hurt.

Silent_wings
02-09-2005, 10:58 AM
Like the time I ran away
And turned around
And you were standing close to me

I'll miss you Harry
and I'll see you around
but this is my home

tardistraveler
02-09-2005, 11:18 AM
Everyone here knows I visit many sites, and feel at home on all of them.

This place is special to me though, and Harry, you've been a part of making it so. I have your pic on my desk - the Chicago cruise pic - and I smile whenever I see it!

But, we're all friends, wherever we choose to go. And you're always in my heart, Harry. :hearts:

Amy
02-09-2005, 11:32 AM
You know Harry, I still don't know what has you so upset about this site. This is a great place. Yeah, it's true, people do get emotional at times. Why? Because we care about each other. I've grown to love people here that I haven't even met. I don't know what happened here yesterday to prompt this again, but it certainly did have an effect on me when I logged onto the site last night. It is NOT true that nobody cares. People care a great deal. It IS true that when someone goes back and forth with leaving the site, it takes a toll on everyone else. I am guilty of it myself.

Best wishes to you Harry. I'm sure I'll see you around and I'm sure we'll get together again also. I'm not going anywhere. This is my second home.

Hugs and Love to everyone,

yarstruly
02-09-2005, 11:38 AM
Good luck to you!

STARRSHIP TROOPER
02-09-2005, 11:53 AM
I did not do this action under any emotional stress or such. I looked for answers to many questions write by me here in a simple but complex question. Many hearts spoke out of wishes, some found answers to parts of the question. Some of you were funny! And some of you calis. You never found the answer to my question but I found the answers to the questions hiden inside my words and it came out this was the wrong place to continue. I was not rash, I though about this for weeks. At Least I was one of the many here who thinks before saying something or taking action.
As long as I can still log on I will respond to your thoughts.
I know it wasn't my fantacy! I do know that many here realy cared about me or even might not quite be sure who I was but that there is something missing here. Like my bad speeling or subtle humor.
Harry /SST

jfuruno
02-09-2005, 11:53 AM
Harry, I am sorry to see you go. We joined about the same time. I left for a long time, after deleting my posts and threads. Thus my low post count. I asked Tim to drop me. He did not, and I am grateful for his leaving the door open. You have chosen to vote with your feet, and I respect that more than you know, but I hope to hear from you again one day.

I am probably one of those whose posts you consider as tainting the intent of this site. If so, then we have a different view. There very well may be those outside this site who dislike some of what gets posted here. So be it. They can, and in some cases have formed their own sites. I wish you well in your search for purity. For myself, I like to see the whole panoply of opinion found here. This is the Rivendell of the Yes sites, and you can find whatever you are looking for under this roof. Good luck, Harry.

tardistraveler
02-09-2005, 11:55 AM
Like my bad speeling or subtle humor.
Harry /SST

Harry, I've never worried about ANYONE's bad spelling, and I LOVE your subtle humor! :kissme:

Original_Shifty
02-09-2005, 11:55 AM
I'm still a little confused Harry (I guess your cryptic posts went over my head), but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

You will always have a place here, and not need anyone's permission to visit or come back permanently.

Good luck and I'm glad I met you in Chicago at the first Yesfans.com gathering. I hope our paths will cross again.

Sheerah
02-09-2005, 11:56 AM
This site needed to learn that out side it there are a lot of people who dislike some of the messages comeing out of here and I had hoped that actions by the members to bring the good back here whould have been heard by now.

This site goes through its changes like every other aspect of life. Some posts are wonderful, some are less so. This site is comprised of people; people who have a full range of emotion and experiences. We only have one thing in common, and that is our love for Yes. But if this site is anything, it is honest. People throw tantrums, people scorn, people praise, people laugh and people love. We run the gamut, just like in "the real world."

We are free to come and go as we please. If there is one thing that we can learn here, it is tolerance. But learning tolerance and becoming proficient in it, is like learning anything else. It takes study, application, accepting that you can't always get it right, and striving to do it better. I think that as a site, we are successful in that.

This place is not for everybody. But neither is my favorite sushi restaurant, my health club, my favorite grocery store, or even my place of residence. We all have our individual preferences, and we all have the right to persue them. This site will never please everyone. Never. So, it is good that there are ample opportunities on the internet to talk Yes, and other things, elsewhere.

Harry, I hope you come back to read the responses to your letter. It is obvious that you are loved here. I hope that you can really feel that one day, and you come back to the site to be with your friends.

As far as the NE Chapter goes, you did a great job in starting it. You were so successful infact, that it has taken on its own identity. It belongs to you, and it belongs to everyone.

tardistraveler
02-09-2005, 11:58 AM
Good luck and I'm glad I met you in Chicago at the first Yesfans.com gathering. I hope our paths will cross again.

Yep - YOU are in that cruise pic too!

Looking at it right now - Phil, Earl, Sheila, Kathi, Jim (Natalie's son), Arlene, me, Peggy, Harry, Natalie, and you, Michael.

Reminds me of the wonderful time we all had! I loved meeting you all, and hope to meet you all in person again sometime soon!

:valintine:

STARRSHIP TROOPER
02-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Gone to lunch. Be back until the door closes.
Harry

Silent_wings
02-09-2005, 12:21 PM
leave the door open a crack Harry
you never know where life will take you

it's surprised me on more than one occasion

Sheerah
02-09-2005, 12:23 PM
Gone to lunch. Be back until the door closes.
Harry

Noone's closing the door Harry.
You will be warmly welcomed back anytime!

brotherofmine
02-09-2005, 12:27 PM
Harry you are a great shining light here, and I respect your decision to do what you did, you were one of the people that inspired me towards forming YF Middle England and I remember your encoraging words as we tried to form a chapter and finally when we had enough people to start. I feel we are all responsible for our own actions here, and I know that responses of some on threads here are not ideal. All I know is what you contributed helped the site to shine, we need people like yourself who do that.

InverYes
02-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Good luck Harry, but I'm getting sick of the Drama Queens who post on this site purely to satisfy their own egos. If you want to go why not just go - why the melodramatics, cryptic puzzles, and all the deep meaningful pseudo-intellectual claptrap that goes along with it. You're not alone in suffering from this condition.

You know, folk can visit a site, if they like it, say hello to the members and stay.

If they leave the site they say cheerio. End of story.

It's a website for gawds sake ! Get a grip on yourselves !

Too many folk like to wallow in their own self pity and write reams of dross on what a heart-rending decision it is to leave - all the time just seeking attention and craving a succession of posts begging them to stay.

To anyone who's in need of therapy, get it somewhere else !

Try screwedupegotists.com

End of rant

Silent_wings
02-09-2005, 12:57 PM
It's more than just a website or we would care who leaves and who stays

If someone who is deaply loved takes off without a word it leaves people wondering if they are alright

Jonah
02-09-2005, 01:21 PM
I have to agree with Inveryes.

If you are a long standing member of the site then I can understand that you want to let people know that you are leaving it. You may want to tell people how to contact you so that you can keep in touch with those who have been close.

But why all the drama?

And I'm starting to get really confused now. There are people now on here and on the other site who have left, vowing never to return, then returned.
I can never figure who is in and who is out!

This site is a great place to talk about Yes etc and to meet some really interesting and caring people.
Maybe, in my naivity, I just don't understand the politics of it all.
Maybe I don't really care.

wolfhound
02-09-2005, 01:38 PM
I'd think it must be a terribly painful process to consider leaving Yesfans.

There've been a few posts which indicate an uneasiness with the current direction in the tone of discussion here at Yesfans.

I hope everyone has patience with those of us who are a bit new here.
It took me a little time to realize just how special you folks are. I came from political forums that had a "take no prisoners" attitude. Just recently, I've been taken by the love and caring and respect that's shown here everyday.

Harry, I'm one who jumped into your other thread. I simply didn't understand that you were going through something so heavy. I'm relearning a lesson: Read, Wait, and Think A While before I post. :D

yesrolfer
02-09-2005, 01:40 PM
Maybe, in my naivity, I just don't understand the politics of it all.
Maybe I don't really care.

I think that you care because you posted that comment. And what are politics? Just people's opinions of how things should be.
I enjoy the wide range of emotions, love, anger, foolishness, playfulness,arrogance, intelligence, stupidity, pettiness, consciousness, unconsciousness, dislike, showing pain, being human, ad naseum......
And I recognize that every one of those is me at some point in time, as they are for all of us....
Who want's to live forever? Forever is in this present moment,
Namaste, we are family!

STARRSHIP TROOPER
02-09-2005, 01:43 PM
Good luck Harry, but I'm getting sick of the Drama Queens who post on this site purely to satisfy their own egos. If you want to go why not just go - why the melodramatics, cryptic puzzles, and all the deep meaningful pseudo-intellectual claptrap that goes along with it. You're not alone in suffering from this condition.

You know, folk can visit a site, if they like it, say hello to the members and stay.

If they leave the site they say cheerio. End of story.

It's a website for gawds sake ! Get a grip on yourselves !

Too many folk like to wallow in their own self pity and write reams of dross on what a heart-rending decision it is to leave - all the time just seeking attention and craving a succession of posts begging them to stay.

To anyone who's in need of therapy, get it somewhere else !

Try screwedupegotists.com

End of rant
If you say this is so than it must be true. Me with an ego?
But it seems aparent to me you have nothing better to say in Yes Fans than to judge me. There is where the site problem starts. I look for nothing, I took only what I brought and it was this site that dragged me back here to explain my actions. I quietly asked to have my membership removed last November. It was The fans I new here that kept bringing me back. I sugest you leave and get your aditude checked before you miss judge someone else.
You invited this reply apon yourself. Now for a moment I've sliped to your level. Don't judge me unless you know me.
Harry

Sheerah
02-09-2005, 01:50 PM
I think that you all have great points.

It is the right thing to do for a long time member to post that they are leaving. We may be saddened by their departure, but we would certainly worry if they just "disappeared".

On the other hand, a rash of recent departures have been very mellodramatic, and that becomes waring on us all. And every single one of those people have returned.

We all go through cycles. If one of us has to leave for a while, we are certainly entitled to do that. It is polite and respectful to notify the membership. It is also polite and respectful to do it with decorum instead of dramatics, IMHO.

InverYes
02-09-2005, 01:50 PM
I'm not going to get in to an argument with someone I have never met. But I did make a point about people who make theatrical exits and then come back again to see if they have acheived the desired effect, and, hey presto!

I'll retire from this thread.

Dantalion Rides Again
02-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Please don't go from this thread, InverYes!!!

;)

Sheerah
02-09-2005, 01:59 PM
Honesty, Repect, Fairness, Truth

Honesty - I think we are all being honest with our feelings here.

Respect - Let's acknowledge and respect what each of us is feeling. Some of us want to leave, some of us want to stay.

Fairness - Harry, you are a dear friend. So I feel I can tell you what I perceive. It is not fair of you to post days' worth of cryptic clues, tell us that we have lessons to learn and we are not perceptive enough to see what these lessons are, and not expect people to react to it.

Truth - The truth is that Yesfans does not feel like home to Harry and quite a few others. It feels like home to many others. To some it's just a bulletin board to share ideas and thoughts. That's pretty much the end of the truth.

yesyadda
02-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Harry, you'll always be my big cuddly TEDDY BEAR!

cinderella
02-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Truth - The truth is that Yesfans does not feel like home to Harry and quite a few others. It feels like home to many others. To some it's just a bulletin board to share ideas and thoughts. That's pretty much the end of the truth.

I love being here, and I just want to fit in with everyone else. I'm sorry Harry that you feel you don't, and because of that you must do what's right for you. I don't know you so I can't judge. Good luck to you.

BrianD
02-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Harry

Have never met you in person but my best wishes to you wherever you go in cyberspace

Dantalion Rides Again
02-09-2005, 03:07 PM
Harry, I know we'll see one another so I'm not gonna go and say goodbye to ya. But I'm real sorry about all this for what it's worth - it can't feel good, I'm sure. Take care of yourself and don't sweat it too much, eh?

Dances w/PURPLE
02-09-2005, 03:45 PM
Harry your home is awesome, I still remember the pics and the folly you had in starting that chapter. It had a domino effect. Every person has the choice to come and go and be where they feel comfortable. The band is awesome and there can never be enough homes for fans on the web to go view info and discussion on YES. Each will have its own flavor and that makes it all the better. Find your bliss and good luck.

PO
02-09-2005, 04:02 PM
This site has many people and more join every day. It's a great place.

Roan's Lady
02-09-2005, 04:22 PM
Maybe if I knew Harry...in real life or in a more limited way, from this site, I could muster up some sympathy for him. A more prevalent feeling is one of puzzlement and, dare I say, irritation, that accompanies my question (as I posted previously) WHY is he putting all of this out for ME and potentially thousands of others to read who have absolutely no idea what he's talking about? And what is to be gained from spouting out all these generalities about the "people on this site" being this negative way and that negative way? Some might say to me, "oh, but if you knew Harry, you'd understand..." Well, the fact is, I do not know Harry, so how am I supposed to feel? And how are the other five-thousand-or-so members who are not in this particular loop supposed to feel?
I guess a simple "good luck, Harry" comes the most naturally to me, and that's it. I tend toward InverYes' point of view on this one. If you don't like a website, why keep coming around it to say so? If you want your membership deleted, why publicize that fact all over the place? I see the cry for attention here - why not just call it as it is, Harry?

Jonah
02-09-2005, 06:23 PM
I think that you care because you posted that comment.

Yes I do. Who could not? But there are so many private digs and conflicts in here being aired in public. I don't care to see them.

PS Rolfer - I owe you a long e-mail. It's coming ;)
Oh no, now I'm doing it. Now one will ever know why I owe you a long e-mail.
LOL

tardistraveler
02-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Yes I do. Who could not? But there are so many private digs and conflicts in here being aired in public. I don't care to see them.

Perhaps we need to ALL try and share our private issues privately. That's why we have the PM system available - if you want to say something privately to anyone, you can do so. It doesn't have to be on a thread.

paulovajao
02-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Well Harry Sorry To Be A Intruder On This Thread!!
But I Some Sense We Share Too Almost The Same Thing About The Last Days Here (now Iīm Talking About Myself)
In My Shakesperian Way To Say Some Words Or If I May Choose Some Cicerus Oratorium....
I Want To Apoligize In First Place All People Here!
For My Language Bareer Sometimes I Get The Meanings But I Donīt Get The Context!
But Hey Try It To Do It On My Native Language Too!!no Offense!
To My Way To See Things In A Different View Or If I May Say I Used Some Words Not Apropriate For The Moment...
My Way To Say Things Are The Way I Feel In Any Language Happens That!!
If I May Seem To Arrogant Or Any Kind Of Person That You Will Think As A Trouble Maker I Wonīt Be Offended..in Fact I Do Love Shake The Tree Of Indifference Of Intolerance And Most Of All Of Ignorance About Other Peopleīs Feelings!!
So If I Was Not Polite To Anyone Here They Can Throw Me A Stone I Donīt Mind ,i Wonīt Reply Anymore!!
My Aim Was To Came Here And To Be Part Of This Family And Not To Be A Kind Of A Problem Person!!
So My Friends As My Final Firing Here,i Do So Pleed For Your Tolerance With This Human Being That Commited The Mistake To Think That He Could Give His Best To Others And I Failed Admit It!!
I Failed To Myself And To All Here!!
So My Humble Excuses For All The Time I Made You All Waste With Me!!!
It Was Good To Know Some Of You The Best People I Ever Met In My Life!!
But Life Goes On!!
And My Time Is Running Fast In My Life I Need To Get To The Real Thing!!
Ciao!

tardistraveler
02-09-2005, 06:40 PM
Paulo - you've always given your best here. And I've never found any language barrier with you - your words are clear and heartfelt. You're a joy to have around on this site! :hearts:

JJGeers
02-09-2005, 06:43 PM
Can I just say this??

Some time ago, I felt my reasons to leave this place as well. I had my own reasons, I will not go into that anymore. Problems solved for me basically. I felt however that I just had something to say to everybody who saw me posting here on a regular basis. It's Like the village you live in. If everybody in your street at least knows who you are, and know you've lived there for quite a long time, to those it is the nine o' clock news when something had happened to you.. I had and still have the same feeling with this place.. it just doesn;t go for everybody, but those who I like mostly, and talked to quite often. I just wanted to say goodbye, and just as I stated in that particular post: silently, and without talking drum.. and what happened???? Big Time!!! Lot's of emails, posts whatever you can imagine (someone even send me a box of chocolates!....) everything came back to me with lots of good, really good feelings!

So, all in all, I think such post of leaving this place does really matter I think. Someone might just not always understand why...

Love!

Jasper

1yesfan
02-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Maybe a intentional site shut down is in order to get folks to step back and breath, he he he he he.

tardistraveler
02-09-2005, 06:48 PM
J.J., I like your analogy to a village.

We are a village, and sometimes feel the need to make an announcement to the village as a whole. I can understand that.

Dances w/PURPLE
02-09-2005, 06:49 PM
Paulo that was a universal language of openess. I've never seen anything offensive.
JJ, someone sent you chocolate? You are the lucky one! If it was Drost brand I'm coming to get some. :smile:

As Upbgirl use to say: Same coin, different side.

Jackaranda
02-09-2005, 06:49 PM
I've been upset plenty of times. And I've shared some pretty heavy feelings here as well. I've been tempted to leave at times, I actually did once, but that was because of personal things, but I've chosen to stay.

I really have lots of love for most of the people here. A while back someone posted about how this is not family. I say, in a strange way, it is. We're connected in a unique way. I even include the Yesfans in my morning prayers.

I just hope all is resolved for those having trouble.

Jonah
02-09-2005, 06:52 PM
If you get chocolates then I'm leaving !!
Good to see you back JJ :)

JJGeers
02-09-2005, 06:56 PM
Well Tardis and Jack,

You both guys are just so right. This is indeed a village, this is like family! To me it is just when I come here and post somewhere, most of the time at some establishment, I always like to say hi everybody! Just like your making your entrance at your work, or when visiting family in real, or going to the pub, just like that. Nothing more... just that..

Just like.. Love!

Jasper.

Silent_wings
02-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Paulo Your not a problem your a blessing my dear friend

JJ it always good to have you in our village. Pass the chocolate please ;)

Tim :slap: don't even joke about it

brotherofmine
02-09-2005, 07:06 PM
If you get chocolates then I'm leaving !!
Good to see you back JJ :)
Jonah this is the best I can do:
www.thorntons.co.uk

Dances w/PURPLE
02-09-2005, 07:18 PM
www.thorntons.co.uk

Oh GADS he broke out the chocolate website. I'm having a chocolate moment today and the tennis team is having a fundraiser. I bought $4 worth!
that means 4 candies in my work desk!

So I wonder what this converts to in US. hmmmm. They take credit cards too! That pink satin nummy looks great.

Dances w/PURPLE
02-09-2005, 07:20 PM
My turn:

I grew up on this local luciousness. Bittersweet fudge, in a jar, warmed and spooned over ice cream.

http://www.sanderscandy.com/shipping.htm

Jonah
02-10-2005, 04:12 AM
Oh great - a chocolate thread!
Now I've no change of losing my target weight of 3 ounces in 2 months!

:)

Andersonic
02-10-2005, 04:39 AM
and so we continue with the regurlarly scheduled program...

I agree with Inveryes that sometimes things and feelings are overblown, but I realize that to some people this place mean more than just a website.

I see this site as community buliding in the street of Yes. You can come in have a drink at Scoot's Squired bar, talk all thing YES, life, politics etc. At the end you leave the building and go home. In fact that's all there is to it. Once in the building one must behave according the houserules.

What I would like, but I understand the choice not to do it, is to discuss in the open what exactly are the problems some people are having. It is hided in cryptical and read between the lines messages. How can we be objective? When I see somebody having a hard time I would like to know why. They are my neighbours too...and you with neighbours...(break into song here) "Neeeeeeiggghhhhbouuurrs, everybody needs good neeeeeiggghhhbouuurrs, with a little understanding"
Some neigbours you like and some neighbours stay 'nodders'...nothing wrong with that. Some neighbours move and you wish them the best of luck...and then some come back...

Earl Grey
02-10-2005, 04:41 AM
No one ever really leaves Yesfans.

They just re-cookie with another screen name, and lurk.

Harry! Don't go! We love you, I love you.

There is no perfect place on God's green earth. We just find a patch and build, but it will always be one shingle short of perfect.

Love you Brother, and I WILL see you again!

Glad of that,

uRel Groo

Dr Yes
02-10-2005, 05:53 AM
WHY is he putting all of this out for ME and potentially thousands of others to read who have absolutely no idea what he's talking about? ...Well, the fact is, I do not know Harry, so how am I supposed to feel? And how are the other five-thousand-or-so members who are not in this particular loop supposed to feel?... If you don't like a website, why keep coming around it to say so? ... I see the cry for attention here - why not just call it as it is, Harry?

Thanks for saving me a lot of time in saying what I feel about this. I tend ot agree with InverYes too. If you want to go - go. It's just the internet. Tell those you know you're going or explain your beef directly to the person(s) who you feel prompted your decision. But refrain from the melodramatic flounce out of the door method. It's a bit bewildering to the wider subscription.

Scooty
02-10-2005, 05:55 AM
Thanks for saving me a lot of time in saying what I feel about this. I tend ot agree with InverYes too. If you want to go - go. It's just the internet. Tell those you know you're going or explain your beef directly to the person(s) who you feel prompted your decision. But refrain from the melodramatic flounce out of the door method. It's a bit bewildering to the wider subscription.

Yup.

Thats all...but Yup.

:)
Carry on.

JJGeers
02-10-2005, 06:15 AM
Hey...

Hang on here..

If I might say this, I think last couple of people here do have a point, but to me it is just a bit of short term thinking..

Of course you can say what all the fuss is about, but probably the so called "fuss" is not exactly meant or posted for you.. When someone posts a message to say that he is leaving, the Yesfans really means something to him or her. It is not only a message for everyone to read, it is a last post from a particular member as well.. So, melodramatic?? Maybe, maybe not.

Take Harry's post or Paolo's for example.. Great guys, really! I surely miss Paolo around here.. He basically had a copyright on caps lock!.. It is his choice to put a message like that in saying "hey guys, forget about me, I'm gone!" Someone else just decides not to post anything and leave it as it is.

What I just don't understand is when someone posts a message carying some emotional feelings, that someone else needs to start comment about being melodramatic.. just like that.. it's a bit to easy for me you see, for my understanding it is everyone's CHOICE to leave (and/or come back) the way you want to.. That's the freedom I know from this place, that is what Yesfans.com is all about. That's the way I've read Harry's first post here..

But hey! That's just me ok??

Yeah, Love!!

Jasper.

Coffee anyone? I have some chocolates left over... ;)

Dances w/PURPLE
02-10-2005, 06:22 AM
6:22 AM, I'll take some chocolate and coffee right here.

Scooty
02-10-2005, 06:24 AM
JJ
I wish No one Ill will...believe me..this place is like family to me.
However, I get so tired of the melodramatic exits that some members tend to make , while really only looking for a sympathetic, congratulatory statement from some, and to have them only come back because they KNOW just how much this site means to them. Thats all, I sincerely hope all those who leave find what it is that they are looking for, but the Drama, especialy the public Drama needs to stop, I have no ill regards for those who truly leave, or decide that they need a break. But, enough is enough sometimes.
And sometimes I just want to post..."So leave already?" Ya' know?? If you want out so bad, then go..bye bye...
Ill see you elsewhwere in the real world...
Sometimes I know people don't mean it when they go, and are looking for attention..

I just want everyone to be happy, no matter what, I dont judge. Im just Scooty :)

Earl Grey
02-10-2005, 06:26 AM
I would never erase a piece of history, one can't anyway. Not really.

Every joy and every pain are worth the sweat, nothing is ever really lost.

Andersonic
02-10-2005, 07:26 AM
yeah, what Scoot said...

Be open and say what's going on or say you are leaving and leave. How emotional that may be, and of course a lot of people will regret that someone is leaving but do they have to express that in a thread? That will make them more or less? Come on!

Now we are having a discussion of how someone should leave and I think it is ridiculous. When we don't know what is going on you can't expect full sympathy and it seems to be that some of the leaving people want that.

I can only say that I regret when people leave...for whatever reasons. JJ left but came back, so anyone can do that, even under another name...

Dr Yes
02-10-2005, 07:40 AM
I can only say that I regret when people leave...for whatever reasons. JJ left but came back, so anyone can do that, even under another name...

Here, here.

Glad you returned JJ

Alex
02-10-2005, 07:44 AM
I Would Like To Get My 2 Cents In. Here's 2 Cents. Let Some Do What They Need To Do And Be Done With It. Now, Can We Get Back To Having Some Fun Around Here?

Original_Shifty
02-10-2005, 07:53 AM
Now, Can We Get Back To Having Some Fun Around Here?

Here, here!!!!

Time to move on folks.

InverYes
02-10-2005, 08:34 AM
Here, here!!!!

Time to move on folks.

Here, Here, Here.

See I said I'd retired from this thread and now I'm back. Who's the Drama Queen now?! Then again, someone did mention chocolate.

Please let's all get back to having fun.....BUT

If you are a 500lb bearded trucker with halitosis and uncontrollable flatulence who's posting from Death Row, but deep down inside you're really Bette Midler....have fun while you're here, but, when it's time to go.......just say "Bye,Bye" and shut the door quietly on the way out. Oh, and don't just slope off to Another Good Place and bad mouth us. That's just nasty! :gok:

Now....who's starting a chocolate thread? After all the Brits are the only nation on the planet that know how to make it properly ! ;) WHOAH! Take it the new thread

Dances w/PURPLE
02-10-2005, 08:41 AM
If goodbyes read as just goodbye, that is fine. I wonder if one is so close to a friend, why not carry on via real world email, no loss of friendship. But typically the goodbyes aren't a "final post before I leave" but more like a

parting shot.

and now moving on to a new thread dedicated to you all...The Chocolate Thread. Join me there!

Alex
02-10-2005, 08:42 AM
Here, Here, Here.

Now....who's starting a chocolate thread? After all the Brits are the only nation on the planet that know how to make it properly ! ;) WHOAH! Take it the new thread
NOW WAIT A MINUTE, THE ITALIANS MAKE SOME FINE CHOCOLATE TO.

Jonah
02-10-2005, 08:45 AM
Ok everyone. To Dances' chocolate thread NOW!!

umgekehrt
02-10-2005, 09:13 AM
No one ever really leaves Yesfans.
Earl hit the nail right on the head. As someone once said it, "Old Yesfans never die, they just fade away..."

yarstruly
02-10-2005, 09:30 AM
Oh, and don't just slope off to Another Good Place and bad mouth us. That's just nasty! :gok:

I really think you have the wrong idea...There really IS no badmouthing of Yesfans.com there...many of us post on both...It is just an alternative site....

Dr Yes
02-10-2005, 09:43 AM
I really think you have the wrong idea...There really IS no badmouthing of Yesfans.com there...many of us post on both...It is just an alternative site....

Ditto that. If there's bad mouthing there I've not heard it.

Dantalion Rides Again
02-10-2005, 10:42 AM
The Yesfans administrator is somewhat active there too! Aint'cha, Tim?

Sheerah
02-10-2005, 12:20 PM
www.thorntons.co.uk

Incase any one is wondering, my preference is really good dark chocolate and truffles. :D

Sheerah
02-10-2005, 12:30 PM
When we don't know what is going on you can't expect full sympathy and it seems to be that some of the leaving people want that.

I very much agree with this, FWIW.

Sheerah
02-10-2005, 12:34 PM

If you are a 500lb bearded trucker with halitosis and uncontrollable flatulence who's posting from Death Row, but deep down inside you're really Bette Midler....have fun while you're here, but, when it's time to go.......just say "Bye,Bye" and shut the door quietly on the way out. Oh, and don't just slope off to Another Good Place and bad mouth us. That's just nasty! :gok:

Bette Midler? Did someone call me?

I really agree with this too, FWIW.

Original_Shifty
02-10-2005, 12:35 PM
Oh, and don't just slope off to Another Good Place and bad mouth us. That's just nasty!

I don't think that's happening over there InverYes. They are Yes fans just like us, and hey, they came from this site so they must be nice people.

Sheerah
02-10-2005, 12:36 PM
NOW WAIT A MINUTE, THE ITALIANS MAKE SOME FINE CHOCOLATE TO.

Erhummm.
Excuse me, but I think that the Belgians really have it down to a science. Infact, I have two words for you all: Kron Chocolatiers.

cinderella
02-10-2005, 12:46 PM
Then again, someone did mention chocolate.

I ain't sayin' nothin'! I got scolded for having fun in that other thread.

Sheerah
02-10-2005, 12:53 PM
I ain't sayin' nothin'! I got scolded for having fun in that other thread.

No Fun For You!!!!

Signed,
The Fun Nazi

JJGeers
02-10-2005, 01:35 PM
yeah, what Scoot said...

Be open and say what's going on or say you are leaving and leave. How emotional that may be, and of course a lot of people will regret that someone is leaving but do they have to express that in a thread? That will make them more or less? Come on!

Well, that's maybe your way of looking at it, but not really mine.. I do not think of people being more or less here, I try to keep in mind in what way you can read someone's post. Look at it from the writer's perspective.. Like I said before, sometimes people just don't post for someone else to read it, but at the same time for themselves as well. A bit difficult to explain here for me in English language, but to me this is exactly a thing with two sides.
If someone wants to express their feelings in such post, they can do that. I have certainly no problem with that! As for me, I don't feel like I'm expected to do something with someone's post.
Indeed, among the leaving people some of them do ask for attention, that's true. I'm glad I'm no one of them, but to these people I have a choice to ignore them.

Now we are having a discussion of how someone should leave and I think it is ridiculous. When we don't know what is going on you can't expect full sympathy and it seems to be that some of the leaving people want that.

It is not rediculous at all Andersonic. When someone feels this way and like to post it, you can do that. No problem with that at all. You only take this from the reader's perspective. Like: "Hey, I'm reading your post here, but what do you expect me to do with it?" The answer is obviously nothing. You are in no way expected to do something with it. It is your choice to read it or not. By posting such message, it is not stated that the one who is leaving is asking for sympathy or something like that. That is obviously the way YOU read it. It is your DESICION to read it that way.

True. Basically I left for my own reasons. Some of them had to do with the site, but not all of them. I'm glad to be back here anyway! Haha... Besides, If you want to be open, you come sometimes at a point where you have to watch your words to much, therefore, you cannot always be open. You cannot always post messages the way you would like it. I had some difficulties with this in the past.. True.. Sometimes people leave for this reason. Not because they don't like Yesfans, but because they have a hard time here being careful...

So, about those chocolates, I vote for Belgium! Usually I prefer white chocolate, or the ones filled with rhum... Where is this chocolate thread?????

Above all, I like chocolates made from or filled with:

Love!

JJ

soporjoe1
02-10-2005, 02:46 PM
wow.

STARRSHIP TROOPER
02-10-2005, 04:08 PM
No Fun For You!!!!

Signed,
The Fun Nazi
This surprises me? Friend

I asked one thing from the owner of this site Tim nicely a number of times since November. Please delete my membership yey he doesn't . And you people make a circus out of it
Let me FRIGIN GO remove my name from here. You do not own me!

tardistraveler
02-10-2005, 04:15 PM
Harry, You are free to visit this site, or not, it's your choice. Personally, I'm always happy to see you, no matter where it is!

Tim is not really involved in matters of site membership now, his job is to handle the technical end of things. If you want to PM Dave about this, he's the one you should really be talking to.

PO
02-10-2005, 04:34 PM
Welcome back, SST!

Reminds me of a Beatles tune ...

"You say Goodbye, and I say Hello ...."

Dances w/PURPLE
02-10-2005, 04:41 PM
Welcome back Harry. We're having fun here and even trucked in chocolates from Belgium and the UK and San Fran and Detroit and everywhere!

yesrolfer
02-10-2005, 04:42 PM
You're searching, Harry, for things that don't exist; I mean beginnings. Ends and beginnings -- there are no such things. There are only middles.
~ Robert Frost

Dances w/PURPLE
02-10-2005, 04:46 PM
You're searching, Harry, for things that don't exist; I mean beginnings. Ends and beginnings -- there are no such things. There are only middles.
~ Robert Frost

would those be cream filled middles or nouget? :yumyum:

Roan's Lady
02-10-2005, 04:49 PM
would those be cream filled middles or nouget? :yumyum:

LOL, there's nothing like the creamy center...

yesrolfer
02-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Are you talking "Twinkies???!!!"

Dances w/PURPLE
02-10-2005, 04:53 PM

We're into chocolates at the moment. Cream filled ones. How about carmel filled ones too.

Roan's Lady
02-10-2005, 04:53 PM

Oh...well...
Sure, ok! ;)

PO
02-10-2005, 05:00 PM
You'd better not use the word twinkie. :mad: :winknudge

1yesfan
02-10-2005, 05:03 PM
Ok, ok, ok, this thread has got off topic badly, ha ha ha. Harry, please contact Dave or BrianD for anything. Your posting things to the site that the general membership have not control over.
END OF THREAD PLEASE!

InverYes
02-10-2005, 05:03 PM
I think somebody has got his braces caught in the revolving door here.

Maybe it's just a "Clash" of personalities. Hey! That sounds like a cue for a song. A-one, a-two, a-one-two-three..

Should I stay or should I go now?
Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go there will be trouble
An’ if I stay it will be double
So come on and let me know
Should I stay or should I go ?

1yesfan
02-10-2005, 05:04 PM
OK, lets talk about Yes in another thread. This one has to be dead now.

STARRSHIP TROOPER
02-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Ok, ok, ok, this thread has got off topic badly, ha ha ha. Harry, please contact Dave or BrianD for anything. Your posting things to the site that the general membership have not control over.
END OF THREAD PLEASE!
Thank You Tim I'll pm Brian
Harry

1yesfan
02-10-2005, 05:11 PM
NP Harry. Ok, that sit folks, there is a good end to this thread. No more pleasssssse.

JJGeers
02-10-2005, 05:11 PM
Indeed..

Please close this one Tim,

I'm getting hungry from all this chocolate around here!!!

Love, just love..

JJ

tardistraveler
02-10-2005, 05:18 PM
I think too that this thread has run its course, so I'm closing it.

If anyone has any further comments along these lines, please PM Dave/nightliner or BrianD, or any of the mod staff.

Sheerah
02-10-2005, 05:22 PM
This surprises me? Friend

I asked one thing from the owner of this site Tim nicely a number of times since November. Please delete my membership yey he doesn't . And you people make a circus out of it
Let me FRIGIN GO remove my name from here. You do not own me!

Harry, I'm not allowed to have fun because you want to leave the site?
I think I have the right to carry on. We are still in contact. I know where to find you. You are alive and well. I am not in mourning.

Anyhow Harry, you may go.
Just don't click on the website and you will not be here.

We decided quite some time ago that we aren't going to delete people anymore. People are responsible for their own actions. We decided some time ago that there simply isn't enough time in the day to cater to each person's individual request. There will be no exceptions.

Harry, you're an amazingly accomplished man. You built your own house for Gawd's sake! You play guitar. You raised two chidren. I'm sure you can manage to not click on Yesfans.com if you do not want to be here.

I'm sorry we can't oblige you. It's our policy.

Sheerah
02-10-2005, 05:26 PM
Ooops, sorry,
Didn't know the thread was closed.