PDA

View Full Version : Fund Raising CD can happen still?

1yesfan
02-03-2005, 01:24 PM
First of all I am TOTALLY out of the loop on the Fund raising CD. I am to understand it is dead in the water. I can do something with it through the shoppe. I would send them a completed MASTER and they burn them I guess. Seems to me if someone could get all the music on one CD I could jsut do that here from home. The down side to this is that the CD cover and sleeve. Artwork, credits, and the like. I have never done anything like that. The shoppe can do it, but all my be downloaded to them. Any idea's folks? Where is the music at this point. Does one person have it?

1yesfan
02-03-2005, 01:25 PM
Here is what the CAFEPRESS folks say about AUDIO STUFF....

Please ship your CD securely with the CD Master Form. Please, please, please ship a master that you have completely listened to, without scratches, in a secure package. Please write your product number on your CD. We make an exact copy of your CD, so please make certain to double-check your master prior to shipment. If your little brother has been playing Frisbee with your master, you can guarantee your final product will sound like it.

When I send in my CD Master, what CD formats you do you accept?

Your CD Master should be formatted to work in a CD player (technically, the format is called CDA). Please do not send MP3 or other file formats. Be sure that your CD can be played in your car stereo and boom box before you send it. We make an exact duplicate of your CD. Absolutely nothing is altered. It is therefore your responsibility to make sure it is exactly as you want it.

How do I know you received my master?

Masters are received and checked in by 5 PM everyday. Upon check-in, an email will be sent to you indicating that your master has been received. If you have completed the setup process for your CD, it will automatically be added to your online shop. If you have not completed the setup process, you will need to log into your account to complete the setup process before the CD is made available for purchase.

What audio file formats can I upload to my media basket?

CafePress.com only accepts MP3 files for upload. The criteria for MP3 files are:

The bitrate must be between 80 and 192bps.
The mp3 must have a fixed bitrate. We do not accept variable bitrate mp3s.
The duration must be between 4 seconds and 80 minutes.
The frequency must be 44.1 KHz.
The mode must be stereo.
The filename must end with .mp3.

Do you have any design templates for the CDs, booklet and tray card?

Yes! You can download design templates by clicking here.

What type of media do you use?

We use 700 MB (80min) Mitsui media exclusively. Mitsui is regarded as the best blank CD manufacturer on the market. No blue bottoms here, these CD's are exactly like those you would find at any retail location. Consequently the price of these CD's are almost double most other manufacturers, and your content is worth it!

What type of paper do you use for the booklet and tray card?

All booklets, and tray cards are printed on heavy two-sided glossy paper, just like retail CD booklets. We're all about quality.

Is it really retail quality?

Yes it is, really! We haven't cut any corners. Your booklet will be professionally scored and trimmed. Your tray card will be perforated, and your CD's image will be directly printed onto the CD. The machine we use to print CDs applies your image directly to the surface of the CD producing a glossy, vibrant, waterproof, UV and scratch resistant finish.

What about returns?

We will gladly accept unopened CDs, within 30 days for a full refund. Defective CDs will be exchanged for the same title.

brotherofmine
02-03-2005, 02:22 PM
Tim check out this thread. Ridvan (Will) has all the material he has still all the material but does not have the financial means to finish it and make copies. The main problem of doing it your way is that each song would vary in quality, Ridvan was planning to work on each track iron out any gremlins and then there would be a CD or 2CD set of uniform quality. That wouldn't happen the way you are suggesting.
http://www.yesfans.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17866

yarstruly
02-03-2005, 02:48 PM
Oh wow...Thanks for posting that link...I had no Idea that he had posted that! I submitted music, I look forward to the day when the CD can be completed....When the time is right, it will happen....

kmcpro615
02-03-2005, 03:52 PM
Just for the record, I am happy to contribute an Inner Worlds track or one of my live non released offerings if you prefer. I haven't really heard from anyone on this. Whoever is picking up the ball on this, please email me directly at KMCPro615@aol.com and let me know where to send a cd to....or if MP3s are what you went, tell me what bit rate you want and I'll send it direct.

KMCc:)
www.kurtmichaels.com

mikepietrini
02-03-2005, 04:34 PM
hi tim - i was the guy that offered will "ridvan" a free pro mastering job on the yesfan cd - this type of work i do for a living - i'd be happy to extend the offer to whatever project you're putting together also - mp

InverYes
02-03-2005, 04:42 PM
This would be great if it got off the ground again but Ridvan is the only one who knows what has been submitted and what stage he was at before he was unable to continue. He was looking for someone who could take the project over but anyone who thinks they are able to do that really has to speak direct to Will.

Sheerah
02-03-2005, 04:47 PM
hi tim - i was the guy that offered will "ridvan" a free pro mastering job on the yesfan cd - this type of work i do for a living - i'd be happy to extend the offer to whatever project you're putting together also - mp

Hi Mike!
These projects are one in the same.
You should give Will a ring.

mikepietrini
02-03-2005, 05:17 PM
hi sheila - hope all is well with you - i see..... if the project is one in the same - i did speak to will recently "via email" & and my understanding is he
wants to make the project happen but he's waiting to generate the funds -
it costs quite a bit of money to press up 1000cd's - i just finished producing
a cd for this artist "derek rando" and he spent about $2200 at diskmakers
for 1000 copies - take care

Dances w/PURPLE
02-03-2005, 05:25 PM

:clap: Mike saves the day! Thanks.

InverYes
05-21-2005, 05:10 AM
Does anyone know why this couldn't happen by simply producing copies on a home PC CD burner ?

Does everyone who made a contribution have what they contributed on CD ?

I'd be more than happy to try and get this thing off the ground.

1000 CD's is way too optimistic - I think we'd be lucky to shift 100.

The artwork- was that ever done or did the project die before it got off the ground.

I'm sitting here with two PC's both of which can burn and two printers. I can't see a probelm with just producing copies on demand.

If people can send me their contribution on a CD and someone ( was it Jasper ) could send me the artwork likewise, I'm willing to pull this together.

You can produce high quality CD's and covers on home PC's.

Does anyone still keep in touch with Ridvan. If so can someone ask him to get in touch either with me or the site. I'd like to see him shipping whatever he's got over to me and I'll take it on from there.

Any views ?

This is too good a thing to just fade away ?

Sheerah
05-21-2005, 12:18 PM
Ridvan and his wife have moved clear across the country a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if anyone knows how to reach him or not. Maybe you could send him a PM, InverYes. That way, when he does log on again, he can get intouch with you and you could talk to him about this.

mikepietrini
05-21-2005, 01:45 PM
Does anyone know why this couldn't happen by simply producing copies on a home PC CD burner ?

Does everyone who made a contribution have what they contributed on CD ?

I'd be more than happy to try and get this thing off the ground.

1000 CD's is way too optimistic - I think we'd be lucky to shift 100.

The artwork- was that ever done or did the project die before it got off the ground.

I'm sitting here with two PC's both of which can burn and two printers. I can't see a probelm with just producing copies on demand.

If people can send me their contribution on a CD and someone ( was it Jasper ) could send me the artwork likewise, I'm willing to pull this together.

Does anyone still keep in touch with Ridvan. If so can someone ask him to get in touch either with me or the site. I'd like to see him shipping whatever he's got over to me and I'll take it on from there.

Any views ?

hi richard - i'll help! - i'll do the mixing & mastering - i think the cd burning idea...(almost weed it approach) is the way to go - mp

InverYes
05-21-2005, 02:14 PM
Brilliant Mike. Let's get some pm's flying about and make it work this time

Sonoacustico
05-21-2005, 02:16 PM
I Agree with that.
Maybe in a first stage, we could sort of weed it to get funds for a proper release. We could send money (like $10) to a paypal account for the disc for the disc to be weeded to us, we could get some nice amount of money to start thinking about getting a "true" CD release.
FYI, in Chile we made 500 copies for the new Subterra album, and we payed like 1400 US dollars (including taxes) for the finished product, ready to be sold in record stores, that means Labeled CD + printed Artwork + CD Jewel Case all inside glossy paper.
Greetings!

Claudio

InverYes
05-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Claudio, it's good to see that there may still be some interest in getting this off the ground.

JJGeers
05-21-2005, 03:12 PM

Hello InverYes,

I'm sorry to inform you that I'm no longer involved in this project. Due to several reasons i decided to take a step back from Yesfans.

Indeed I did the artwork, and half of it was finished by the end of last year. I decided to use it for other purposes. Sorry it didn't work out.

Love,

Jasper.

InverYes
05-21-2005, 03:49 PM
That's Ok Jasper.

Any other artists out there?

sissywoods
05-21-2005, 04:16 PM

Any views ?

Yeah really like your suggestions. This shouldn't be that complicated. Would like to see this thing take off. Getting to hear everyone. This would help the site too. Something I think everyone would enjoy and want to purchase from the shop.

Andersonic
05-21-2005, 05:06 PM
As far as I remember the title was We Love When We Play and the projects' name was All Good People. If both are final I can try to create some artwork. But maybe there are more Yesfans who would like to try something. Maybe we can put up a gallery of ideas and so we can democratically choose what to use? I will start work on a concept.

I can understand if we want to use a different name as another fan forum is called All Good People...

InverYes
05-21-2005, 07:16 PM
My own thoughts were that we could maybe dispense with a "band name" altogether. After all we are "Yesfans" and I would think that that plus the title "We Love When We Play" would be fine. It's a great title.

JJGeers
05-22-2005, 08:10 AM
I hope it's ok to give you some suggestions on artwork:

If available I would like to suggest Emily Poppe's dad. I've seen his things and he's just brilliant to me. He has a true style of his own, and as ar as I know he would love to do this.

If anyone else could contribute with a logo and you fit it together I think it would work out fine for Yesfans.

Love,

Jasper.

InverYes
05-22-2005, 09:08 AM
[QUOTE=JJGeers]I hope it's ok to give you some suggestions on artwork:

QUOTE]

It certainly is Jasper !

We've had one offer which we're sorting out just now but any suggestions are welcome.

I've suggested that all discussions on the latest attempt to get this project going should go on the " All New Yesfans Fundraising CD " thread, so check out that one for updates.