PDA

View Full Version : more related bands?

Ryan
01-15-2005, 12:37 PM
I was just thinking; it'd be nice if maybe there were some more yes like bands that got their own forum, such as Jethro Tull, Moody Blues, Zappa, Kansas, Caravan, or Can.

just a thought

1yesfan
01-15-2005, 01:14 PM
I'd set them up but we need to have suport for them also. If they only get a post here or there then I rather not set that up. I do not know the activity on these bands you speak of here but if you can get others to request it also I can put them up.

DJ Panurge
01-26-2005, 02:46 PM
I must agree with Ryan that the addition of more related bands would be a great improvement to this already great site, and I don't think that they would only get one or two posts. I mean, look for example at the Gentle Giant forum, I understand that it was set up just over a year ago, and now it has the greatest number of threads after Genesis and King Crimson.

I think the same would happen for other bands that get mentioned so frequently in the "Bands and Music in General" in many different threads. In my opinion, the following bands would produce considerably active forums:

"Jethro Tull"

"Caravan"

"Camel"

"Zappa"

Another idea to consider would be to set up forums for several bands together that also get mentioned very frequently in the site such as:

"European Progressive Rock" to talk about classic European bands such as Focus, PFM, Can, Tangerine Dream, Triumvirat, Banco, etc.

or

"Neo-progressive Rock" to talk about new bands such as Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, Arena, Flower Kings, Transatlantic, Spock's Beard, etc.

This is just my opinion, and congratulations again for creating such a fantastic site!

1yesfan
01-26-2005, 05:04 PM
Give me some time and I will put some more of these up.