PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing Margin issues

1yesfan
10-08-2004, 09:06 PM
many of you have had issues with the site and the margins of late. I have also. There one minute, gone another. Tonight I played with my settings of my Display. I moved mine to 1024 x 768 and now I can see things fine. it took some fine tuning of other monitor settings vhold and the like. you can try these other tricks also...

"If the users are still having issues find out what version of IE
or their browser they are using and have them update to the latest. The
site is quarky under IE 5 and lower. If they are up to date on the browser
then you may want them to log out, clear their cookies and cache and
relogin. A cached version will override in some cases a live version. If
they are still having issues have them to a hard refresh. That is in the
browser. Have them hold down the <ctrl> key and the F5 key to do a hard
refresh."

With help of John we are tryng to resolve this issue. I usally view with 800x600 but that was acting wacky for me on my 14 inch viewable screen. At work it works fine for me then again I do not use 800x600, it's more like what I have set here now. For now I ask that you play with your screen settings on your system.

I can not promise that this will get fixed this weekend.

1yesfan
10-08-2004, 09:09 PM
If you get your display down but can not see the fonts, try using style set #5. To change this scroll down on the site, botton left click on the small drop down box.

Dances w/PURPLE
10-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Tim I love what JJ has done with the new but old design. Superb! Maize is the color of the season and it looks striking when the page comes up.

PO
10-10-2004, 03:23 AM
I have to scroll to see the text on the right side of the page. It seems the Yesfans logo should be indented to line up with the furthest left line of the thread column.

Scooty
10-10-2004, 04:52 AM
Tim I love what JJ has done with the new but old design. Superb! Maize is the color of the season and it looks striking when the page comes up.

Yes,the logo is fantastic..
thats not the issue

This screen size issue is REALLy annoying...

InverYes
10-10-2004, 06:42 AM
Has everybody who's having problems tried a resolution of 1024 x 768 ?

1yesfan
10-10-2004, 07:04 AM
Thank you, 1024x768 fixes the issue!

DaveJB
10-17-2004, 09:32 PM
What caused the margin change? I noticed that one day the margins moved, but I didn't change anything. I've worked the changes you recommend and they help, so my question is just out of curiosity.

1yesfan
10-17-2004, 09:38 PM
I am not sure what caused it. A few weks back, 3 or 4 I guess there was a database crash as I was changing some things on the back end, it dumped info including margin stuff I guess also. It was fixed but if you has not cleared out your cookies and the like from you system it was still putting up the wacked margins. I don't know why. We have sinced upgraded the version of software we use also. I have not set my screen resolution back to what it was to see if the issue went away.