PDA

View Full Version : New base line settings for site functions /Paid Subscriptions

1yesfan
10-04-2004, 08:10 PM
Well the day has came. With all the current issues with costs vrs performance and with an eye to the future I am setting the site for registered members to some base line figures in images/pms/avatars and so forth. For the most part I have left them the same as they are now. You have always been able to load as many pics to the site as you wanted. No limit on server space used. See the following.

PM -- 25 baseline
Profile image -- 100x100
Total image space o server avail per member 12mb
No detailed Who's Online details avail (now avail with donation)
No email account (now avail with donation)

New things avail via subscriptions (donations)

Email account (2 lvls)
Private forum (do with as you please, customizable)
2 lvls of Upgraded baselines

More things to come. This program will be rolled out soon. You will be able to access the PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS thru your profile.

Tim

Sheerah
10-04-2004, 08:21 PM
So, when we post pictures on imageshack, and provide the thumbnail, which links to the imageshack photo, how does that affect us?

1yesfan
10-04-2004, 09:05 PM
if it is a link to ANOTHER site that is hosting the pic, then that does not count against you!

1yesfan
10-04-2004, 09:39 PM
OK, subscriptions are set. Check them out in your profile, listed on left side towards the bottom.

1yesfan
10-04-2004, 09:54 PM
The only real big change will be for those of youthat post a ton of images ot the site. Everyone wit a basic membership, anyone enrolled on site as of now will get a limit of 12mb of space for pics. If you hit that you will be notified so. You can MANG ATTCHMNTS in your profile and delte stuff as seen fit by you!

1yesfan
10-04-2004, 09:55 PM
Coming soon will be a Purchase in for those of yo that like to PM a ton! I will offer a Pruchase Subscription of soemwhere around 100 PM capacity in your PM BOX.

JJGeers
10-05-2004, 01:11 PM
Ok, so if I have some birthday cards to do at the same time you put me behind bars then!??? Hahaha.... Please try!! ;)

Love,

Jasper

InverYes
10-05-2004, 04:25 PM
Tim, I just paid up a subscription using paypal and it never gave me the opportunity to enter my username anywhere. Are you going to be able to keep track of who's paid what?

Thoughtbecontact
10-05-2004, 09:52 PM
You actually think you're going to get money because people want e-mail boxes?????

1yesfan
10-05-2004, 10:18 PM
FOR NOW when you purchase a Subscription PLEASE put your user ID in the comments section that is in the form you fill out.

THOUGHTBECONTACT --- To each there own!

1yesfan
10-05-2004, 11:26 PM
If you want a Paid Subscription but do not want to use paypal, you can mail me the funds..

Tim Lutterbie/Yesfans
Po Box 42453
Blue Ash OH 5242

Check/Mo payable to Tim Luterbie or Yesfans

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR SITE ID and SUBSCRIPTION YOU WANT!!!

1yesfan
10-06-2004, 09:41 AM
a normal old registered member will still have all the same things they had last night, 2 days ago, 6 weeks ago. A private Yesfans.com email address has never been avail to this site. The account be one that you would acces thru a link, sorta like Yahoo or the like.
The Subscriptions you now see are just beefed up accounts you can now join. If your someone that loves to PM a ton and needs more room then 25 in your inbox you can now buy your self a bigger one. If you one that like to post a ton of images to the site you can buy yourself more space to do so. If you want to be able to post bigger avatars or profile pics you can now buy that membership.
But you just being here buy just signing up as you did when ever puts you in as a Registered member.

1yesfan
10-06-2004, 09:42 AM
Sorry but if you have been a past donator that does not get you into one of the new Subscriptions that are now avail.

Thoughtbecontact
10-06-2004, 09:48 PM
FOR NOW when you purchase a Subscription PLEASE put your user ID in the comments section that is in the form you fill out.

THOUGHTBECONTACT --- To each there own!

Touche.

I am asking a legitimate question here. Why would you want to promote e-mail accounts that people would pay money for when e-mail accounts can be set up FOR FREE on several sites?????? I have three e-mail accounts. I use one primarily, the second one rarely and the third not at all. I would think that if you're trying to raise money with subscriptions, you would find something that individuals would not be able to get somewhere else.

JJGeers
10-06-2004, 09:50 PM
I believe She is right Tim... That's why we need to count on the shoppe!

Love,

Jasper.

InverYes
10-07-2004, 05:47 AM
Touche.

I am asking a legitimate question here. Why would you want to promote e-mail accounts that people would pay money for when e-mail accounts can be set up FOR FREE on several sites?????? I have three e-mail accounts. I use one primarily, the second one rarely and the third not at all. I would think that if you're trying to raise money with subscriptions, you would find something that individuals would not be able to get somewhere else.
But it's not compulsory. If you don't want another e-mail address can't you just not use it? It might appeal to some folk and not others.

Sorry to be stating the obvious.

JJGeers
10-07-2004, 07:41 AM
But it's not compulsory. If you don't want another e-mail address can't you just not use it? It might appeal to some folk and not others.

Sorry to be stating the obvious.

Maybe not.... It is just that a lot of folks don't think that way...

1yesfan
10-07-2004, 09:59 AM
Well some folks LOVE THIS SITE. If I can make some money sellign emails so be it. Sadly there is a tech issue with it right now so it turns out I can't. But I realize that there are FREE emails out there, but some folks want to say they have a YESFANS.COM email maybe. So many people are quick to shoot me down with things I do here. Really amazes me at times.

Original_Shifty
10-07-2004, 12:26 PM
I see what you are trying to do Tim and I think it's a good idea. If people are happy with what they have, then they don't need any of these options - no problem.

If they want more, then you are willing to sell them these options and the $$$ goes to future Yesfans.com improvements. I don't see a problem.

Compare this to Hotmail, Arlene. You have your basic service, but if you want more, it will costs you $$$.

Take it or leave it, but it's there for people to consider. I actually think that's rather nice of Tim to give us these options. I'll not need it, but, as Tim says, some might think it's cool to say, hey, send me an e-mail at original_shifty@yesfans.com for example.

1yesfan
10-07-2004, 01:23 PM
does Hotmail give ya more then 5 mb for free???? Oh well, until I can figure out why a certain aspect of the stupid email wont work i can't hand then out at them moment. Have to look at that tonight!

JJGeers
10-07-2004, 01:34 PM
Frankly I think a 5-10 mb email box would do pretty good. It makes it worth selling at a low price.

Original_Shifty
10-07-2004, 01:42 PM
does Hotmail give ya more then 5 mb for free???? Oh well, until I can figure out why a certain aspect of the stupid email wont work i can't hand then out at them moment. Have to look at that tonight!

Hotmail gives you 2Mb's for free. Any more and you have to pay.

1yesfan
10-08-2004, 12:47 PM
email issue is fixed. You may purchase a yesfans.com email if you would like.

yesgeo
10-08-2004, 01:03 PM
Hey, I'm on Tim's side on this one.

For one, the uniqueness of the yesfans tag on an email address is pretty cool.

My 16 Y.O. went bezonkers when he could finally get an email address on his favorite board (computer geek that he is)

Hey, we're music geeks, why not.

You got my vote, Tim...and as far as the foillowing goes...

Well some folks LOVE THIS SITE. If I can make some money sellign emails so be it. Sadly there is a tech issue with it right now so it turns out I can't. But I realize that there are FREE emails out there, but some folks want to say they have a YESFANS.COM email maybe. So many people are quick to shoot me down with things I do here. Really amazes me at times.

...we've all heard the saying, "...you can't please all the people all the time..."

yes(toTim)geo

1yesfan
10-08-2004, 01:22 PM
I can unserstand some not wanting to pay for things that may be free. I understand that. I am jsut trying to present MULTI ways to allow folks to contribute at their own level. Be it from the wallet, a 2 dollar raffle, a donation or a free click.

InverYes
10-08-2004, 02:48 PM
The e-mail works just great.

Tried and tested. Only sent myself one mind - what a saddo!

tardistraveler
10-08-2004, 03:13 PM
I don't understand where there are "sides" to be taken here.

Tim is offering some options for those who want them, and are willing to pay for them. The money would be used to help support this site, which is costing more all the time due to the growing enrollment here.

If you like things as they are, there is no change for you, it's just optional things he's offering, like the stuff in the shoppe.

I for one, love this site. I have donated in the past, I have bought items, and I'll do what I can to help out. If everyone who enjoys this place would do what they can, be it a purchase, or a small donation, I'll bet we'd have the money in no time to solve our performance problems.

And we wouldn't have performance problems if we were a smaller site. But, we're not, and that's a GOOD thing! Lots of good people here, wonderful diversity and sharing of ideas that I don't find on any other site.