PDA

View Full Version : Some Yesfans.com house cleaning _ Site tips

1yesfan
08-19-2004, 05:34 PM
I have cleared out over 2k user accounts of members that have never posted, never visited, nothing in over 2 years. This has cleared up a ton of user names.

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNTS IN YOUR PROFILE, YAHOO/HOTMAIL TYPE OF ACCOUNT NOT PREFERRED

Clean up your PM boxes. I will clean them out in the coming weeks, don't lose things you want to keep.

Make sure the system your using to view this site is cleaned up also at times. Make sure yor clear out your temporary internet files, history files, cookie files. When these fill up you may see a issue with logging into this site and staying in. On your system you will notice that the site will load slow untill you have visited a for times and your computer restores the pages again for you.

If your logging in behind a firewall, you may have issues with the site that is out of my hands.

BrianD
08-19-2004, 05:59 PM
I wondered why our membership suddenly dropped from over 6000 to 4100 in one night!

gathernear
08-19-2004, 06:07 PM
I've had my yahoo account on this site for 3 years. This group came from a yahoo group. Now it's not acceptable?

Larry

1yesfan
08-20-2004, 12:09 AM
NO, yahoo type of accoutns are not going away.

Original_Shifty
08-20-2004, 08:23 AM
Tim, are you saying you will be deleting Hotmail email accounts?

I don't think that's possible.

I think all Tim is asking that if possible we do not use hotmail or yahoo accounts in our contact info because those sites can limit the amount of e-mail you get. If your hotmail account gets too full, and someone sends you an e-mail via Yesfans, Tim get's the reply that it cannot send to a full account. And by the sounds of it, he's getting tons of these types of e-mail.

Tim, if I'm wrong regarding the above, please correct me.

gathernear
08-20-2004, 08:32 AM
One cool thing about yahoo email is everyones capacity was upped to 100 MB so it's harder to fill them up these days.

Larry