PDA

View Full Version : Should Yesfans adopt a charity in member countries?

brotherofmine
07-20-2004, 04:01 PM
All the talk of a Yes Cd to raise funds for YESFANS has got me thinking. I attended the Yes Charity event in Oxford on June 11 and although there were some moans about loosing some valued Yes time for "celebrites" it was very successful for a very worthwhile cause Helens House, a hospice for children and a charity very close to Rick's Heart. Total Mass organised a collection at the event and we raised over 80.
The benefits would be that we coluld help a charity even though in a small way, it would extend YESFANS friendship to general community and we could also make it a lot of fun. Either we could have AN ANNUAL GATHERING just to raise fund for the charity and be an opportunity for Yesfans to meet up with each other OR could organise it in connection with the gatherings that take place on the tour.
Each country could adopt it's own country, and if YESFANS is too small in your own country, you could join up with fans from another country.
I know we need to raise funds for YESFANS too, but can we dip into our pockets a little more for a worthwhile cause. Any thoughts, ideas ? :angel:

brotherofmine
07-22-2004, 10:22 AM
Very worthy and worthwhile idea Brotherofmine.So apt that you should be the one thinking of this given your user name!Obviously not just a great name but a kind and caring person as well!
How much we could raise I do not know.But it is in the trying that we send the message of love and support to our fellow humans,or animals,or environment.
Thanks AwakenGod, it is not really to do so much with how much we raise, country by country we are a small group, it is likely that we wouldn't raise large sums of money, it is more the spirit of the idea, getting ourselves known the community, and in the spirit of helping others in the same way that we help each other on here.
I remember how satisfying it was to know we had as a group supported the charity as well as Rick, for the charity concert in Oxford.

brotherofmine
10-13-2004, 06:43 PM
So with Christmas coming and with Tim asking should 'Yesfans give something back' is this the time to regenearte this thread. Any ideas?

ycantibu
10-13-2004, 08:18 PM
What kind of charity or cause are ya thinking about?

CARLO VAJAO
10-16-2004, 06:13 AM
So with Christmas coming and with Tim asking should 'Yesfans give something back' is this the time to regenearte this thread. Any ideas?
nobody had the idea to ask my brother about it?
he has the experience!
well....its a thought!
i know that he could help and give ideas.............alot!

brotherofmine
10-16-2004, 06:28 AM
nobody had the idea to ask my brother about it?
he has the experience!
well....its a thought!
i know that he could help and give ideas.............alot!
Hi Carlo, I know that Paulo was planning a charity Rock Concert for next summer for Portugal which is great. I'm sure also Paulo coulod give us some ideas too.
My thoughts for the UK are to offer support for Helen House as the adopted charity of England (It maybe Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland may wish to choose somewhere more local.) My reasoning is that it is a Charity which Rick has actively supported, and one that Yes were involved in supporting In June this Year, it is also one that Yesfans as a group had also supported, we made donations at the Oxford concert towards the charity. However I am just one person. So not in a position to decide, so the rest of you guys what do you think?
If you want to know more about Helen House here is the link:
http://www.helen-house.org.uk/

CARLO VAJAO
10-16-2004, 08:10 AM
thank you tony for the tips!!and im sure its as all a good cause and i know my brother enoough to get enthusiasmed with all this things!let him know!and yes the loveaid project is running!so as many other things that hes involved!

paulovajao
10-17-2004, 03:18 PM
Well Im Here So Lets Open Our Hearts And Talk!!!!you Can Stand By Me!!!

brotherofmine
10-17-2004, 03:25 PM
Paulo have you sent an E mail to Rick regarding 'Love Aid'?

paulovajao
10-17-2004, 03:29 PM
No!sorry Tony Not Yet!but Monday Ill Be Putting All The Things Done And I Will Need Your Help Also From Sally Too!

yessongs72
10-17-2004, 03:37 PM
Why not contact the un? coffi annan and his crooks have plenty of oil for food money!

Good idea though to want to help people. Here's an idea, folks here that live close to each other should band together and help a family or two with some food or clothes. Giving back to your local community would help folks.

brotherofmine
10-18-2004, 07:13 AM
Giving back to your local community would help folks.
With this sentiment in mind, and for those that don't have the money to donate, I have seen this site come up on the community pages, and it looks good. Instead of donating money donate time to help in a project. Looks rewarding and also looks good on the CV too.

http://timebank.org.uk/?as_grant