PDA

View Full Version : Important changes to the site.

1yesfan
07-01-2004, 03:54 PM
With the recent rash of site usage issues, bandwidth usage, I have drastically lowered to size of pics that one one can to load to the site. Sorry to do this but with the larger and much more active site I had to lower that size amount.
This includes all pics in posts, sigs, avatars. You now can only post so many pics per post also. I want you all to post them as usal but please try not to post things here that maybe do not need to be or if they come from another site see if you can jsut post a link to them here instead. Anything will help.

In the future there will be a roll out of options you can buy to get the ability to post larger images across the board, to buy yesfans.com email addies and more.

Q
07-01-2004, 03:56 PM
Personally, Tim, I think you're making a huge mistake. I'm completely understanding of the bandwidth issues, but if you must filter content on the basis of volume-vs-content, then I think you should install a Partisan Rhetoric filter. If Partisan Rhetoric were drastically limited, the bandwidth issues would be resolved, and then some ...

It's the Yes-like thing to do, buddy. I mean, pictures are happy, upbeat, inspiring, cheerful things. Partisan Rhetoric has none of these redeeming qualities.

I'm joking. Of course.

1yesfan
07-01-2004, 04:06 PM
Ha ha ha, I was going to install that but the cost was a bit much. The filter had to be changed out every five days and the replacement cost for each filter was a bit steep. I will leave it to the mods to filter it out, I pay NOTHING for that! ha ha ha

Q
07-01-2004, 04:08 PM
Yes, but the wear-and-tear on them is considerable ...

mood for today
07-01-2004, 04:10 PM
I'm joking. Of course.

wow Q..........you had me worried there for a minute. i thought your brain had reached farenheit 911 degrees for a second. :fmad:

1yesfan
07-01-2004, 04:11 PM
yes it is. That will always be the case, lotz of personalities here these days. This is not ma and pa shop now dayz!

Q
07-01-2004, 04:12 PM
MFT, I'm not nearly as stuffy as I appear ...

mood for today
07-01-2004, 04:16 PM
never thought that Q. i think your nose is just stuffy.

Michele
07-01-2004, 04:36 PM
With the recent rash of site usage issues, bandwidth usage, I have drastically lowered to size of pics that one one can to load to the site.

Wise decision.

And if fans would take their digital pics into their graphics program (Adobe Photoshop comes to mind) and do a "Save For Web," they could reduce the file size immensely without sacrificing too much of the quality, and it would probably be a good thing for the band usage aspect. You can take a photo over a Meg in size and save it for web posting at just a few K. Extremely simple process if folks would just try it. Might help! (smiles)

Michele

RJE
07-01-2004, 07:46 PM
Maybe the Partison Rhetoric posters need to go on a diet before they post. Plenty of compression programs out there that might help with that as well.... thought processes come to mind..... :D

umgekehrt
09-01-2004, 06:10 PM
I got an idea: why not add a PM button next to each post so we could contact the poster immediately? Especially useful for weeding purposes.

weebl
09-03-2004, 10:27 AM
I got an idea: why not add a PM button next to each post so we could contact the poster immediately? Especially useful for weeding purposes.

Did we not have this before; I mean quite a few buttons under the post - email, www, pm etc.
I found this quite useful - like you say, especially the PM button.