PDA

View Full Version : Yesfans vs. Other Boards

Dantalion Rides Again
06-25-2004, 01:44 PM
Man, I have to say that Yesfans is just so great. I've met too many friends here and had so many good times and good laughs. I've seen such a widespread genuine love that I didn't really expect.

I've been away from Yesfans a bit as I've been indulging my craving for all things Phish. [Plus I'm a busy guy anyway who probably shouldn't be on Yesfans as much as I am in the first place.]

In my quest for more Phish-talk, I've come across a message board for Phish that painfully reveals how that community, which I once heralded as one of peace and love in the truest hippiest sense, is not so at all. Or at least it's overshadowed by the nastier reality that's evident in the harsh hatred slung about by its members. At least the ones on the message board, anyway.

I still love Phish, but what I read on this board reveals why the band is shunned by the greater musical world . . . their fans! I've seen some terribly scummy behavior and it's kept me from joining the board (I've been guesting all this time just to observe Phish-related discussion). Occasionally there's a bright spot, but mainly it's jerks being jerky.

The only other one I've really frequented is the old Van-Halen Pleasure Dome (which I remember telling Tim about when I joined) and that one had the same hang-ups. People just insulting each other and swearing a lot and just being crude and mean.

I know Yesfans can get harsh too, but it's the exception and not the rule.

All this leads me to praise Yesfans.com and its members, who more often than not have love to give.

Thanks!

Dantalion Rides Again
06-25-2004, 01:47 PM
(BTW; is this the best place for this thread??)

gathernear
06-25-2004, 02:08 PM
Yes, I've been to other boards, and most are the pits. I found a good Chicago board. But, for Yes, this place is the best, by far.

Larry

SallyKhatru
06-25-2004, 03:23 PM
Best board I've seen. Best people here:-) I think it's okay to have that thread here, why not:-)

Sheerah
06-25-2004, 03:32 PM
I've visited YesTalk. This board seems more family-like and more intellectual.

SallyKhatru
06-25-2004, 04:07 PM
Which one is more family-like and more intellectual? Yesfans.com or YesTalk? Didn't get that, Sheilers.

Nellsalot
06-25-2004, 04:40 PM
I have been a dedicated member a few message boards of various kinds and it is true that Yesfans is the friendliest message board of it's size that I have seen. There are no flames at all and everyone seems to be here for good reasons. I think this is because of the kinds of people who are attracted to it, flamers are often obnoxious teenage boys.

ycantibu
06-26-2004, 09:34 AM
I think this is the best Yes forum around.

Dances w/PURPLE
06-26-2004, 09:40 AM
I like YesTalk as well. Friendly folk over there. I like the posts on the hub in Yesworld for concert reviews but all time FAVORITE? by far this place. We talk about everything and anything and seldom to people started flaming harshly. So many topics on the threads, so little time!!!!! hahah

mood for today
06-26-2004, 09:52 AM
with the exception of excessive lost productive work hours this site is fabulous. it's nice to know people can still be serious and silly at most of our ages.

1yesfan
06-26-2004, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the very kind words for this site. On the whole we just have a great memebrship that is here because of a great band that only attracts the best of people. I will also say that we have a great Mod staff on this site that has been a huge hand in running this place also. There have been MANY times that they have stepped in to help with things and have stayed out and let things run their course!

SallyKhatru
06-26-2004, 10:22 AM
I second that - ahuge thanks to all the moderators. You do your job amazingly well. Where would we be without our admins and mods. Good to have you.
Hugs to all

prem895
06-26-2004, 10:52 AM
This is my home!

Flo
06-26-2004, 07:08 PM
I don't visit any other boards but I don't even feel like it. I'm so happy with Yesfans that I'm sure I'll be disappointed by other forums. There are people here I would like to meet and I was lucky to meet some during last Paris show.
Yesfans has had a great influence in my life, really. It has broadened my visions on life in general and extended my love for Yes.