PDA

View Full Version : Site Changes

1yesfan
04-13-2004, 06:43 AM
As you can tell the site has changed a little bit. I am with you guys in figuring out the new toys. Things I have found.

Bottom of ANY PAGE, left corner you will see a tiny drop down box that you can click on to change the LOOK of the site. Try it!

To the right of many area's there is a little circle with two up arrows. That will min. the box it is in!

Working on getting TODAYS POSTS back.

The look has changed some, the lay out but you will get used to it. Last time MANY of you complained but came to love it.

1yesfan
04-13-2004, 07:38 AM
Please note that these changes are made also to correct behind the scenes issues. It is not done just for a NEW LOOK to the site.

closetotheedge
04-13-2004, 10:19 AM
Did the display options like
Display posts since your last visit go away?
That is the one I use.

1yesfan
04-13-2004, 10:25 AM
As posted above, that issue is being worked on!

tardistraveler
04-13-2004, 10:36 AM
OK - I was wondering what happened to "Today's Posts", and "Posts Since Last Visit". Hope you can get those to return Tim!

Thanks for all you do to keep this up and running!

upbgirl
04-13-2004, 10:48 AM
hey all good people!!
tim and dave and the webmaster are tweaking it around a little bit-remember the last time the site was updated?? people freaked out, man! [i know I did cause i am a dummy on here!]
we all learned howe to get around just fine in a week or so, so please
HAVE PATIENCE HERE!
and everyone seems to miss the todays posts gig, so i am SURE it will be back soon! for now, just click away and do your best!:D

i havent even seen enough of it to know what's different lately!! [damn yard/housework]
just give it some time folks..
of course, all comments are welcome HERE, and maybe someone thought of something cool that would make things run smoother..
all we ask is for patience.. [no-not guns & roses patience, either!!-hehe]

hiddendragonet
04-13-2004, 12:47 PM
Cool! I like style 5.

HD

tardistraveler
04-13-2004, 12:52 PM
I like the colors of Style 2. Style 4 has the old YesFans logo, which I really like.

pauli
04-13-2004, 01:29 PM
I've settled back into Style 1, mainly because I like the font...
But I do like the logo in Style 4.

But no one has posed the most important question: What happened to Style 3 ??

1yesfan
04-13-2004, 03:07 PM
Todatys posts link is back, for now by the CHAT and SHOPPE links on the top right. I will be moving it to a better place when I can getit there. I forget where that code area is at, ha ha ha ha!

gathernear
04-13-2004, 03:25 PM
Thanks, Tim!!

pauli
04-13-2004, 03:45 PM
Todays posts link is back, for now by the CHAT and SHOPPE links on the top right. I will be moving it to a better place when I can getit there. I forget where that code area is at, ha ha ha ha!
Thanks Tim !!
Also for the "Latest Posts" link, too!
Paul

soulsearcher
04-13-2004, 03:50 PM
wow, pretty cool, tim.
i still like style 1, anyhoo.
easy to read.
thanks1

Emily A. Poppe
04-13-2004, 03:57 PM
Thanks for everything, Tim!! It's all going GREAT!!

1yesfan
04-13-2004, 07:10 PM
I have changed over the buttons you click on, such as the NEW THREAD or REPLY and the like. I hope I got them all, I may have missed a few.

1yesfan
04-13-2004, 10:11 PM
Added some more less used buttons. I hope I got them all. I like the new Poll graph thingy in the site.. Ahh the little things that thrill me.

STARRSHIP TROOPER
04-13-2004, 11:10 PM
Change? What change? Is this another trivia question?
Starrship Trooper

prem895
04-14-2004, 09:44 AM
This is far out guys. Great new looks.

yarstruly
04-14-2004, 10:04 AM
How do we quote posts now? Thanks for restoring today's Posts.... :D
Looks great!

1yesfan
04-14-2004, 10:12 AM
How do we quote posts now? Thanks for restoring today's Posts.... :D
Looks great!

I hit QUOTE button found on the bottom of each post and did this one!

yarstruly
04-14-2004, 01:22 PM
I hit QUOTE button found on the bottom of each post and did this one!
OK....Duuuuuh on me... :welcome: <~Thats on me

I have also noticed that when I open a post (without hitting the "go to last post button") it tends to go to the bottom of the page & I have to scroll up...Minor matter, but wanted to let you know...The site just keeps on getting better Tim!

upbgirl
04-14-2004, 02:13 PM
i noticed i dont get logged off everytime i send a p.m. or take to long to type in a long post!!
and THAT saves me some aggravation indeed! [i hesitate to complain about anything computer related because it could be kathi-related instead!! hehe]

hey yars!! howe goes it dude??
kind of feels like someone re-arranged the furniture while we were out doesnt it?? lol!!
after a few cracked shins and stubbed toes, i think we'll get the hang of it!
and also, thank you SO much for NOT complaining..
anyone can complain but it takes a REAL yes-fan to encourage and be thankful..
and that would be YOU!!

yarstruly
04-14-2004, 02:30 PM
i noticed i dont get logged off everytime i send a p.m. or take to long to type in a long post!!
and THAT saves me some aggravation indeed! [i hesitate to complain about anything computer related because it could be kathi-related instead!! hehe]

hey yars!! howe goes it dude??
kind of feels like someone re-arranged the furniture while we were out doesnt it?? lol!!
after a few cracked shins and stubbed toes, i think we'll get the hang of it!
and also, thank you SO much for NOT complaining..
anyone can complain but it takes a REAL yes-fan to encourage and be thankful..
and that would be YOU!!

It's going OK...It will be great in 2 weeks at Philips Arena Though :D...Even better after May 24, since School will be out for Summer! (To paraphrase Alice)...Still need you to send me your address so I can send what I promised...THANKS!

upbgirl
04-14-2004, 02:36 PM
It's going OK...It will be great in 2 weeks at Philips Arena Though :D...Even better after May 24, since School will be out for Summer! (To paraphrase Alice)...Still need you to send me your address so I can send what I promised...THANKS!

whoohoo! yes-i had forgotten you were a teacher!! that means hubby will be out too soon! yippee! i LIKE my boys home-that way i can boss em around the whole summer!! hehe..but we dont get out till june..

i just wanted to say to nightliner
yars is not sending me any audience recordings behind the scenes!! haha!!
just an agreement we made long ago..
[and i MUST say, yars, it couldnt have come at a better time, too!;)]

Original_Shifty
04-14-2004, 08:12 PM
Great changes Tim. Sorry, was not a fan of the previous "big" update. This is a complete turnaround and a pleasure to use again. Some of my fav things are back and the web page access time for loading is as fast as it ever was (thank goodness the lag is gone).

Great job as always dude!

Simon B
04-15-2004, 09:10 AM
Will someone please tell me how to log off?

I'm stuck in this site - help me!

TM

pauli
04-15-2004, 09:12 AM
Will someone please tell me how to log off?
I'm stuck in this site - help me!
TM
You can't log off. Ever.
You're here with the rest of us forever!

Simon B
04-15-2004, 09:14 AM
You can't log off. Ever.
You're here with the rest of us forever!

Paul - need sleep, fingers dripping with blood, have migraine from viewing screen too closely - HEEEEEELP!

TM

pauli
04-15-2004, 09:18 AM
Paul - need sleep, fingers dripping with blood, have migraine from viewing screen too closely - HEEEEEELP!
TM
Sit back farther...

Total, based on my 24 hours' experience with the new site (and I'm finding new cool things all the time!), I think that you get automatically logged out when you close your browser.
But that's just my guess...

As for the sleep thing, you're asking the wrong guy on that one.

Simon B
04-15-2004, 09:23 AM
Sit back farther...

Total, based on my 24 hours' experience with the new site (and I'm finding new cool things all the time!), I think that you get automatically logged out when you close your browser.
But that's just my guess...

As for the sleep thing, you're asking the wrong guy on that one.

Paul

I'm not your Father??

Nope tried that, didn't have to log in when I came back - Popped out to see Wishbone Ash in concert last night - FANTASTIC!

TM

pauli
04-15-2004, 09:49 AM
I found the Log Out button !!
It's in the bottom right corner of the main page !!

Must be a sign, telling me to get off and go do something else...

Simon B
04-15-2004, 05:39 PM
That's what Dee said, but I can't find it!!

Simon B
04-15-2004, 05:44 PM
I've found it, I've found it, I can get some sleep!!!!

GO TO MAIN PAGE i.e. CLICK ON THE YESFANS LOGO. THEN GO TO THE BOTTOM RIGHT HAND CORNER OF THAT SCREEN ONLY AND LOG OFF TM! BOG OFF EVERYONE!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA
Total Mess