PDA

View Full Version : Quality Vs. Quantity ? ~ Is Yesfans A Game ?

YESLOVER
03-02-2004, 11:38 PM
Howe Dy " All Good Yes People" ! ~ I Have Noticed That Yesfans Keeps Score Of Or Track(s) Of Howe Many Posts / Threads That Each Member Posts. I Think To Myself Is This A Game Of Some Sort ? Is This Yesfans Thing About Racking Up Posts, Threads And Points ? I Know That Yesfans.com And Tim Want People And Yes Fans From Around The YESIVERSE / WORLD To Keep Returning To This Wonderful Yes Forum. Howe Ever I Believe In Quality And Not Quantity. As Yes Fans We Should Take It Upon Ourselves To Be Inspired By The Magic That Yes Music Emanates In Our Lives. Yes And Their Music Were Always About Quality And Not Quantity. Yes Never Kept Track Of Their Songs. Meaning That Yes Never Kept Count Of Howe Many Chart Topper(s) / Pop Songs That They Had; Or Wrote. We All Know That If Yes Really Wanted To They Could Have Written About 25 Top Chart Pop Songs. Hey Just Look At Asia For Example. They Had About 5 Top Songs On Just One Of Their Cd's. So Yes Could Have And Still Can Make Just Pop Songs If They Actually Wanted To. But Yes Answers To A Higher Authority. They Answer To The Mammoth Music God(s) In The Cosmos. So Yes Are Held To A High(er) Standard. So, I Believe We As Yes Fans Should Take It Upon Ourselves To Strive To Be Like Yes (our Favorite Group) And Use This Wonderful Forum As A Place To Express Quality Posts And Threads Versus Quantiy Posts And Threads!

Thanxz Very Much For Letting Express My Views And Opinions! ~

Marty W.

A.k.a.
Yeslover / Yesiverse / Yes4eva /
Obyessed / Yesp(n) / Awakeman

Marty W.

the'YES'kid
03-03-2004, 12:03 AM
I agree with you!!

I was about to make a suggestion like that, of making some kind of rule about not making a bunch of diffrent threads for the same purpose. For example, there's a person here (won't say who), that keeps making these threads or polls about the same subject. You see a thread or poll that sound familiar? check out the thread started, it's the same person.

Reniet

Sheerah
03-03-2004, 01:15 AM
No, it's not about the number of posts or threads that a member creates. It's just a fun little tracking device. Sometimes, we even use that information for contests.

Stay tuned...........

About The Round
03-03-2004, 03:13 AM
I saw a thread where this "fun little tracking device" was discussed. They had a clear idea how to improve their "score". In other words there are members here that knows how to manipulate their "score" and others who donīt give a ........ I doubt the scientific value of sutch a rating system.

BrianD
03-03-2004, 03:25 AM
Yesfans may be primarily about Yes and its music....but it is also a community that interacts on other levels. One of those levels are the games and other 'frivilous but fun' threads. This is part of what makes Yesfans a great place to visit.

The number of posts or threads that are made is really not important - we like to acknowledge milestones but that is all part of the fun.

There are plenty of threads that encourage 'quality' discussion about Yes and many other topics - we try to cater for all tastes.

Earl Grey
03-03-2004, 03:40 AM
I don't really notice the numbers...

If I enjoy someone's company, what they have to say, or even thought provoking conflict from time to time, well... That's what makes Yesfans a magic place for me.

I do know this: Whether Yesfans begins as a game for some or not is unimportant. It's the real friendships we make here that continue to call us back...

So no, Yesfans isn't just a game. For many of us, Yesfans has become a family! Most of my best friends, who I hang-out with locally, I met right here.

Yesfans is an amazing website where we can talk about the greatest band in the world, a fun place to jabber about related and unrelated topics...

And an AMAZING rallying-point for making life-long friends.

That's what Yesfans is to me, anyway.

Bye the way, It's great to meet you Marty! Welcome to Yesfans, have fun, post often, and don;t worry about the numbers and stuff... It's unimportant, except for tracking/contests/etc!

All the best to you,
Earl Grey:yesbird:

1yesfan
03-03-2004, 06:41 AM
To some it may be a game. What harm is in that? Everyone comes here for diff reasons, gets diff things out of it.

Flo
03-03-2004, 06:51 AM
By browsing Yesfans, I get to know interesting points of view from people all over the world on very different types of issues : Yes music, religion, politics, personal life of members and that's what I like about the site. When I feel like posting I do it, and sometimes I just content myself with reading others' posts. For me it is always entertaining and informing. In the Quality Vs Quantity debate, I think that Quality always prevails here.

Q
03-03-2004, 07:34 AM
Some people are into Quality, some people are into Quantity. This is but a microcosm of western culture as a whole, so YesFans is not abnormal in this respect. Of course many prefer substance, but there is also a worthwhile relaxation factor in participating in this community frivolously. As long as everyone participates benignly, it's fair play to pursue whatever interests or entertains you.

About The Round
03-03-2004, 07:42 AM
I like both substance and total waste of my time. Both, thanks!

R'tanys
03-03-2004, 09:57 AM
There are members who have a considerably higher post count than I, even though I've been registered longer. If I feel I have something to contribute to a thread, or if I feel I can expand on a previously posted point, I'll go ahead and post. If I find I'm in complete agreement with someone else's post, or have nothing original to contribute, I won't. It feels good to have a high post count; to be considered a "leader of the pack" so to speak, but it feels much better to have had that count mean something other than "Yes, no, maybe". It all depends on where the individual feels a real sense of accomplishment lies.
Personally, I feel my average post count per day is more important, and I've got that at just under 2 per day, so I feel a sense of continuity of presence here. There's no place in cyberspace better to have that.

ycantibu
03-03-2004, 10:50 AM
The number of posts a person has doesn't really matter to me usually. If someone wants to up their number, it doesn't bother me.

upbgirl
03-03-2004, 11:10 AM
well, if the big talkers had as many posts as they could have, so be it!:D
sometimes, this place helps me sort out things-and not just lyrics or music type stuff either..
the only time i even notice howe many posts i have is when i am about to log off and there is a number 666 in my post count somewhere..lol! then, i HAVE to do one more-dont want to leave on a bad note..;)
some people like to be frivolous-some, serious..
there is room for ALL here, i think, and i agree with flo-i have learned more about other cultures here than i did in ALL my years of school combined! that alone, makes this place COOL for me!
and welcome to the site, yeslover!! you are not alone here-we ALL love yes!!
[well, i think we do anyway-I do!]:D

Sheerah
03-03-2004, 02:13 PM
Just upping my post count by 1 ;)

Dances w/PURPLE
03-03-2004, 02:37 PM
me two cause I'm only in it for the numbers!

...prize? No.
...fame and fortune? No.

OHHH than it just must be some member tracking system where some people can have fun when they hit 2000 posts and say 2000!!..something like that, yes.

JaneEyre
03-03-2004, 02:49 PM
I like both substance and total waste of my time. Both, thanks!

Same here.

Although I'm disappointed that I won't be winning a prize for posting.....

Original_Shifty
03-03-2004, 03:16 PM
I don't care...........

Original_Shifty
03-03-2004, 03:16 PM
.....about the number of posts.........

Original_Shifty
03-03-2004, 03:17 PM
...that appear under........

Original_Shifty
03-03-2004, 03:18 PM
.....my avatar. It's not a .........

Original_Shifty
03-03-2004, 03:18 PM
...contest.

Sheerah
03-03-2004, 03:42 PM
Do you see how he is, everybody?

When I see his name in the "Describe the person above you" thread, I shall use the word cantankerous!

Thoughtbecontact
03-03-2004, 04:02 PM
Ah, now, let's see, let's go into everyone's profiles and see the average number of posts per day! OR, another suggestion....but alas, we don't have this capability. Imagine if there were a way to track the average number of words per post! I wonder who would "win." Any suggestions?

Original_Shifty
03-03-2004, 04:27 PM
Do you see how he is, everybody?

When I see his name in the "Describe the person above you" thread, I shall use the word cantankerous!

Who me? :thinking:

Sticks
03-03-2004, 04:30 PM
I don't care...........

Very...

Sticks
03-03-2004, 04:31 PM
.....about the number of posts.........

...funny...

Sticks
03-03-2004, 04:31 PM
...that appear under........

...indeed.

JaneEyre
03-03-2004, 04:39 PM
You're all cracking me up! :lmao:

JaneEyre
03-03-2004, 04:40 PM
Oh, hey! Do we get double points for using Smilies in our posts?!?

Original_Shifty
03-03-2004, 04:51 PM
I wish!

:dog2:
:thumbup: :moose: :wazzup: :bonghitte

JaneEyre
03-03-2004, 05:07 PM
Hey, waitaminnit..... Our post #s aren't changing!!

Who's in charge here?!!? I demand a recount!!!

nightliner
03-03-2004, 05:44 PM
Now I know how we reached 200,000 posts so quickly.

nightliner
03-03-2004, 05:46 PM
..and this thread helped us reach 10,000.

nightliner
03-03-2004, 05:49 PM
..and since I've been here since the beginning, and am well down on the list of "high posters", I better post just one more time.

Kevin Still
03-03-2004, 05:50 PM
You guys are such pro's. I am in awe of you multi e=mc2 poster types. How can you not call this quality. I consider it quality time. I have been sick for 3 weeks it seems and I had a crap day at work. I am happy now to be here. What more could I ask for? (maybe front row seats to the shows but you can't have everything).

JaneEyre
03-03-2004, 05:54 PM
You guys are such pro's. I am in awe of you multi e=mc2 poster types. How can you not call this quality. I consider it quality time. I have been sick for 3 weeks it seems and I had a crap day at work. I am happy now to be here. What more could I ask for? (maybe front row seats to the shows but you can't have everything).

Kevin -- Maybe if you post a lot tonight, you could reach 300 posts!

lol!

Kevin Still
03-03-2004, 06:04 PM
Well my dear,
My problem is it takes a while for a thought to get from my feeble brain to my fingers!

Sheerah
03-03-2004, 07:00 PM
..and since I've been here since the beginning, and am well down on the list of "high posters", I better post just one more time.

...either that or smoke a doob.

Tonydess
03-03-2004, 08:55 PM
Speaking of reputation points,I could use a few more.Please? Anybody?I promise I'll be real nice to you!Plus I need a boost in my ego.Thanks

Original_Shifty
03-03-2004, 09:52 PM
Speaking of reputation points,I could use a few more.Please? Anybody?I promise I'll be real nice to you!Plus I need a boost in my ego.Thanks

That's why I don't have mine going. I don't need to know how much I irritate everyone. LOL

BrianD
03-04-2004, 05:20 AM
Another quality thread brought to you by Yesfans!

Earl Grey
03-04-2004, 05:25 AM
That's right, blotty well roight! :D

Earl Grey
03-04-2004, 05:27 AM
Blotty...

Earl Grey
03-04-2004, 05:27 AM
Well...

Earl Grey
03-04-2004, 05:28 AM
Roight...

Hey, this is fun! HARHAR! :ele:

1yesfan
03-04-2004, 06:46 AM
I could just go into my admin panel and up my count by 10k or so....

Original_Shifty
03-04-2004, 08:22 AM
That's right, blotty well roight! :D

That reminds me of some song I know Earl.

Thanks, now I have Supertramp playing in my head. I guess there are worse things. ;)

JaneEyre
03-04-2004, 10:27 AM

You got it! Ego boosted.

JaneEyre
03-04-2004, 10:28 AM
This is the perfect thread for people who are trying to avoid work.

Wonder if I can get to 700 posts today...

JaneEyre
03-04-2004, 10:29 AM
That reminds me of some song I know Earl.

Thanks, now I have Supertramp playing in my head. I guess there are worse things. ;)

I have also been Supertramped -- thanks, Earl!

Do I have 700 posts yet??...

JaneEyre
03-04-2004, 10:33 AM

Hey, my reputation points have gone up by 100 since that last time I checked (self-inflicted ego boost). YEAH!YEAH!YEAH! I, er, um..... what the hell was I saying?...Uh....yeah.... Hey, look, my kids are all whining for a snack. Why doesn't someone feed them?!!? Wha? Oh, right. Sorry. Who started this thread? Must've been someone bad.....makin' my kids go hungry like that...

Shut up, Rachel, just shut up! :stick:

SallyKhatru
03-04-2004, 11:26 AM
Hey guys do you want to leave me behind???
I donīt have the time to make my 700 today.
Back to what marty said - I really think it depends on everybody what they see in this forum. I think the games are fun, but I also like discussing deep things with all of you.
So everbody may come here for playing, meeting family, discussing music, sharing pictures and stories whatever they want. Thatīs what makes this place so wonderful. You can do what you want. If you feel like moaning, you can, if you feel like kidding somebody - you can and if you need somebody to cheer you up, you can be sure that there is somebody.

JaneEyre
03-04-2004, 02:44 PM
Back to what marty said - I really think it depends on everybody what they see in this forum. I think the games are fun, but I also like discussing deep things with all of you.
So everbody may come here for playing, meeting family, discussing music, sharing pictures and stories whatever they want. Thatīs what makes this place so wonderful. You can do what you want. If you feel like moaning, you can, if you feel like kidding somebody - you can and if you need somebody to cheer you up, you can be sure that there is somebody.

I agree completely. It's what makes this board such a great place to be. Never a dull moment around here.

Tonydess
03-04-2004, 05:52 PM
You got it! Ego boosted.

WOW! Thank you very much JaneEyre.I really feel special now.If there is anything you need anytime,anywhere just let me know and I'll get someone right on it!LOL!Just kidding.Seriously thanks though...

Earl Grey
03-04-2004, 06:02 PM

LOL! Still cracking-up on that one Timm-O!

Ah, the power... The Power! :ele: :ele: :ele:

JaneEyre
03-04-2004, 06:33 PM
WOW! Thank you very much JaneEyre.I really feel special now.If there is anything you need anytime,anywhere just let me know and I'll get someone right on it!LOL!Just kidding.Seriously thanks though...

I live to serve.

(Yeah, right!)

pixiedave
03-04-2004, 07:51 PM
as much as i LOVE YES, I cannot fathom thoudands of posts, even if I had been here for years, I would still only have a low number of posts, I feel a need to post if A I have a QUESTION, or B A reply is mandated that is beneficial to the thread. Plus I have a life out side of cyberspace, no desire to roll up my posts. In addition, all the frivoulous posts use up the sites bandwidth, and the site goes down at the end of the month. I dont know how often this happens, but in the month I have been here it has happened.

Kevin Still
03-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Well, I don't post a lot either but this is a place for people to come and be ........ silly!

And I don't see the owner and admin guy from some god forsaken place in Ohio (just kidding) complaining.

So chill and take your pills! Enjoy

With all due respect and no insult intended... I'm just being.... silly!

YESLOVER
03-04-2004, 08:20 PM
as much as i LOVE YES, I cannot fathom thoudands of posts, even if I had been here for years, I would still only have a low number of posts, I feel a need to post if A I have a QUESTION, or B A reply is mandated that is beneficial to the thread. Plus I have a life out side of cyberspace, no desire to roll up my posts. In addition, all the frivoulous posts use up the sites bandwidth, and the site goes down at the end of the month. I dont know how often this happens, but in the month I have been here it has happened.

AMEN!

Silent_wings
03-04-2004, 10:52 PM
If you don't post we can't get to know you.
This site is primarily about Yes but it is also were we the Yes fans connect to each other. Some of the people who mean the most to me are cyber inhabitance of this space. There are still some people out there that I haven’t met who I only know from their posts. When we finally do met that we will already know each other. It was like that in Chicago at the 2003 Gathering.
Some of us just are frivolous (me;)) and light hearted, until you find a topic that strikes home or peaks our interests. Then you’ll find that even the silliest of us Yesfans really are deep thinkers.
If you are truly concerned about bandwidth usage go up top to the donate button and help Tim keep the site’s lights turned on. :D

BTW Marty cool thread. ;)

nightliner
03-04-2004, 11:17 PM

I never thought of that option. ;)

Silent_wings
03-04-2004, 11:25 PM
Dave you optimizes quality over quantity
Oh man of few but well placed words.
We love you and Tim no matter what your post counts are.

YESLOVER
03-05-2004, 01:48 AM
I don't mean to be controversial. But unlike some people I do have a life outside of Yesfans. Yesfans.com is not my only source of sustanence! I have endured FOUR MAJOR OPERATIONS & came VERY, VERY CLOSE TO DYING OF CANCER. And Even through ALL that I still Try to have a Life. 2,500 or 3,000 Posts or Threads seems to me kind of Ridiculous. But we are All differant in many ways so I do not want to judge people personally b /c I do not know them personally. My views on this Topic are that posting 3 to 5 posts or threads almost EVERY SINGLE is VERY OBSESSIVE. So therefore it is a kind of sickness & disease therefore some of you people need to take some pills.

BY THE WAY I AM GAINING A REPUTATION OVA THE WORLD WIDE WEB FOR PISSING PEOPLE OFF. THAT IS CERTAINLY NOT MY OBJECTIVE. BUT I DO LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA WHERE WE " SUPPOSEDLY" WE HAVE THE RIGHT FOR FREEDOM OF SPEECH ! BUT differance is what makes the world go round.

Scooty
03-05-2004, 01:56 AM
I don't mean to be controversial. But unlike some people I do have a life outside of Yesfans. Yesfans.com is not my only source of sustanence! I have endured FOUR MAJOR OPERATIONS & came VERY, VERY CLOSE TO DYING OF CANCER. And Even through ALL that I still Try to have a Life. 2,500 or 3,000 Posts or Threads seems to me kind of Ridiculous. But we are All differant in many ways so I do not want to judge people personally b /c I do not know them personally. My views on this Topic are that posting 3 to 5 posts or threads almost every single day is VERY OBSESSIVE. So therefore it is a kind of sickness & disease therefore some of you people need to take some pills.

BY THE WAY I AM GAINING A REPUTATION OVA THE WORLD WIDE WEB FOR PISSING PEOPLE OFF. THAT IS CERTAINLY NOT MY OBJECTIVE. BUT I DO LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA WHERE WE " SUPPOSEDLY" WE HAVE THE RIGHT FOR FREEDOM OF SPEECH ! BUT differance is what makes the world go round.

ok...gonna have to disagree with u a smidge here..if I post more than 3-5 times in a day..that includes playing games..chatting with friends i dont get to see very often and visiting my family away from "home"....i take umbrage with you tellin ME that I need "pills"..or "help" because one posts more often than you might...hey, tough s**t...I have a life too, belive it or not..and PART of my life is the WONDERFUL people i have met here..and if i take an opprtunity everyday to say hi....so be it...happy that you are livin and kickin after all tou have endured..honestly..but..you know....this place is special...and I take a slight offence at the fact that you are roustin me up right now..so I will leave it at that....pills.....u need a happy pill....come here...don't like it?? F.O. :)...sorry i had to pipe up here...and my temperament is usually very mellow..but ..this..hmmmm

upbgirl
03-05-2004, 03:21 AM
look into the spinning blue orb thingy-you are getting happy now
you will feel like jon just after the harp solo in awaken.. hehe...

really tho, yeslover welcome to this fine hall of yesfans..
it takes all kinds to make a world, and this place is NOT the whole world to us-but it is a big part of our world sometimes, and many come here for different reasons-most of them valid and GOOD!

i mean if some of us didnt have a life outside yesfans, we'd not be able to pay for our computer to come here at all, right? lol! and some of us like to come here because then, we dont *have* to take the pills!! lol!

some are moderators who HAVE to keep an eye on things and keep things tidy, clean and interesting..some of the threads take off all on thier own, but make no mistake.. the number of posts has nothing to do with why most of us frequent this place as often as we do.

my case-i live in the upper peninsula of Michigan-you will see me here plenty from october till may-cold and snowy outside, so this is a safe comfy place to come to... i think it was a bit harsh to say some people need pills because they enjoy spending some time with intelligent people of mostly like minds..

and scootyes89-lol! sorry you took offense.. no need my friend-
it might be safe to say that someone who has come very close to death would absolutely have a different perspective on certain things-time would be very important to someone who might not have much of it left, so i can see why it might puzzle yeslover about some of us going wild and seemingly 'obsessive' here..and in true yesfashion, even tho you might have taken offense, you STILL hoped for thh best for yeslover..

we hope for your continued health, yeslover, but please-dont judge this whole place just by the post counts you might see.. that would be like judging an album by it's cover..:D
and we dont know where close to the edge would be if they judged it by that cover! :offtopic:
just dig a little deeper where you want to dig-some come here only for a little music talk-some come here to discuss serious issues along with the music talk..
there is really something here for any yesfan of any nature, age or 'era'..
take your time and look around..
you might be surprised at the diversity here.
and you know?
some people are just talkers..and some arent..
takes all kinds to make a yesworld.. :smurf:

1yesfan
03-05-2004, 06:30 AM
YEA, DONATE SOME FUNDS TO THE SITE, he he he he. The bandwidth usage has really sky rocketed in recent months. We are not a ma and pa shop anymore.

ycantibu
03-05-2004, 08:04 AM
Everybody has a life. Get over yourself. If I didn't know any better [and technically, I don't], I'd think you started this thread to up your post count!

BTW, some of the people who have 3,000 posts have them because they've been around for years. Whew, for someone who doesn't want to judge, you sure do a lot of it! I don't know about your reputation on the world wide web, but what does this reputation you have, have to do with freedom of speech & the good ole USA?

I don't mean to be controversial. But unlike some people I do have a life outside of Yesfans. Yesfans.com is not my only source of sustanence! I have endured FOUR MAJOR OPERATIONS & came VERY, VERY CLOSE TO DYING OF CANCER. And Even through ALL that I still Try to have a Life. 2,500 or 3,000 Posts or Threads seems to me kind of Ridiculous. But we are All differant in many ways so I do not want to judge people personally b /c I do not know them personally. My views on this Topic are that posting 3 to 5 posts or threads almost EVERY SINGLE is VERY OBSESSIVE. So therefore it is a kind of sickness & disease therefore some of you people need to take some pills.

JaneEyre
03-05-2004, 02:47 PM
If you don't post we can't get to know you.
This site is primarily about Yes but it is also were we the Yes fans connect to each other. Some of the people who mean the most to me are cyber inhabitance of this space. There are still some people out there that I haven’t met who I only know from their posts. When we finally do met that we will already know each other. It was like that in Chicago at the 2003 Gathering.
Some of us just are frivolous (me;)) and light hearted, until you find a topic that strikes home or peaks our interests. Then you’ll find that even the silliest of us Yesfans really are deep thinkers.
If you are truly concerned about bandwidth usage go up top to the donate button and help Tim keep the site’s lights turned on. :D

BTW Marty cool thread. ;)

:clap::clap:

SallyKhatru
03-05-2004, 03:40 PM
Whatever you say. I love it here and reading all your lines defending our yesfansworld makes me kind of proud. maybe thatīs not the right word for what I want to say, but you know what I mean. YOuīre all my friends and it makes me happy seeing you all staying together and beeing (almost:-) always kind and friendly.
Love you all

Bugeyes
03-05-2004, 03:54 PM
I don't mean to be controversial. But unlike some people I do have a life outside of Yesfans. ... is VERY OBSESSIVE ... kind of sickness & disease ... need to take some pills...
I really have learned, REALLY, the things one criticize the most are the things you don't like of yourself.

And I have also learned, REALLY, it takes one to know one.

:ban:

Oh GAWD! I NEED a life, I'm obsessive, (not to mention compulsive and anal retentive, otherwise know as ARCO), I have a sickness that makes me unwell or a disease and I need some pills. Doctor, doctor...is there a doctor in the house? But if you have over 1,000 posts, don't respond.

JaneEyre
03-05-2004, 05:06 PM
Oh GAWD! I NEED a life, I'm obsessive, (not to mention compulsive and anal retentive, otherwise know as ARCO), I have a sickness that makes me unwell or a disease and I need some pills. Doctor, doctor...is there a doctor in the house? But if you have over 1,000 posts, don't respond.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

I'm not a doctor, but I play one on T.V.

I'm coming over to your house (a house call -- imagine that!) with some happy pills!

Sheerah
03-05-2004, 06:25 PM
I'm not a doctor, but I play one on T.V.

That is just one of my most favorite lines in the whole wide world!!!!!

Sheerah
03-05-2004, 06:26 PM
OMG!
I just noticed that I am only 7 posts away from 7000!

Don't let that number get stuck in your craw, Yeslover ;)

JaneEyre
03-05-2004, 07:49 PM
Holy shamoley, Sheila! 7,000!

STARRSHIP TROOPER
03-05-2004, 08:23 PM
First let me say that you had me rolling in my seat Shifty. Funny.
Now the number of polls, Well I add about as good as I spell so the numbers mean nothing. Except my count has been in the 1969 to 1979 and when I see the numbers that year pops into my head and I think back at the Yes shows I saw. My tally has slowed because I spend more time reading post now and have little time to reply to all. The games help clear my head.
So I say YesFans TALLY HO!
Starrship Trooper

SallyKhatru
03-06-2004, 08:48 AM
Congrats to number 7000 Sheila. Now go for the next 1000:-) If I have the time and find them all, Iīm sure Iīll enjoy reading every single post:-)
BTW just wanted to add, I also have a life outside of that place and that keeps me really busy. I have great friends and relatives and they all get as much of me as they need.

R'tanys
03-06-2004, 08:51 AM
OMG!
I just noticed that I am only 7 posts away from 7000!

Good Lord, woman! Get a life! ;)

Love ya, Sheilers!

Does anyone remember their member #s? Mine was 909.

SallyKhatru
03-06-2004, 10:20 AM
That would be interesting, I donīt remeber mine:-( But I`m sure it must be somewhere, maybe on the profile?? Iīll look for it

soulsearcher
03-06-2004, 06:14 PM
~ I Have Noticed That Yesfans Keeps Score Of Or Track(s) Of Howe Many Posts / Threads That Each Member Posts. I Think To Myself Is This A Game Of Some Sort ? Is This Yesfans Thing About Racking Up Posts, Threads And Points So, I Believe We As Yes Fans Should Take It Upon Ourselves To Strive To Be Like Yes (our Favorite Group) And Use This Wonderful Forum As A Place To Express Quality Posts And Threads Versus Quantiy Posts And Threads!

Thanxz Very Much For Letting Express My Views And Opinions! ~

Marty W.

well, my opinion, which i express of my own free will and without any pressure from the yesfans forum to increase my posts so i can be " as cool as all of them" is that nobody or no thing could make me write here except myself and my desire to share with and be shared with by the other good people here.

the thought that anyone here would want to "one up" someone else here by the number of posts that they have is as ridiculous as any notion that i have ever heard!

i would say that the people communicating here are extermely intelligent and practically incapable of being coerced or shamed into doing anything they didn't feel like doing, either at home or here on this site...especially because of being a "low poster" LOL!!!!!!

the thing is, communication of thoughts an ideas lets people know eachother better, here as in any relationship..cyber or otherwise.

i think that i am as accepted here, as a virtual newcomer, with a couple of hundred posts the same as i will be with a couple of thousand, although they will all know me a lot better in the years to come.

i, as you so vehemently claim, also have a life outside of here..(duh!).... i own my own corporation, i am a snowboard instructor and trainor , i run a petting farm, and a miriad of other things and hobbies.....but a person holds what she values dear, and puts time to each thing, as i do here.

here..i feel valued and i value the people here and those are a couple of the many, many reasons i post here.

if that's not quality..i don't know what is!

that being said..i'll never have as many posts as earl and shiela!! :crybby:

SallyKhatru
03-07-2004, 06:23 AM
I really begin to love that thread. Itīs nice to see that this place means so much to so many people - no matter how mayn posts they have.
I love it.
And soulsearcher, be sure we love you. I love this confusion with our avatars, itīs funny.:-) And youīre number of posts is quite huge for only 2 months. Love your posts

Silent_wings
03-07-2004, 01:08 PM
that being said..i'll never have as many posts as earl and shiela!! :crybby:
That's ok soulsearcher, your heart shines through on every post and that is what counts!

BrianD
03-07-2004, 05:03 PM
One of the myths about people who use the Internet a lot is that they have a narrow life. Indeed research shows that it is often the opposite. Many heavy users of Yesfans have quite busy and stimulating lives away from here and have simply learnt to use their time efficiently. Also, use of the Internet has largely replaced watching TV for many people.

So I reckon we get both quantity and quality simultaneously!

Sheerah
03-08-2004, 12:48 PM
You know Brian, that is true for me. I hardly ever, ever, ever watch TV anymore.

soulsearcher
03-08-2004, 07:04 PM
I really begin to love that thread. Itīs nice to see that this place means so much to so many people - no matter how mayn posts they have.
I love it.
And soulsearcher, be sure we love you. I love this confusion with our avatars, itīs funny.:-) And youīre number of posts is quite huge for only 2 months. Love your posts

i love this avatar as well and, to me, it is a sure sign that we are soulsisters.

i have often wondered how someone so young found interest so deeply in yes music and is so devoted and intense.
i love your website , too.!

it is true that this place means so much to so many...and the number of posts is like a little insight into the longevity of a person here and should be revered as someone wise and involved. someone who you could ask any question of and probably get an excellent answer.

i love knowing that there's so many people here who take the time to communicate and listen to ideas, even if sometimes they're redundant.

who cares? my friends say the same stuff every day, and i still listen!! LOL! ;)

SallyKhatru
03-10-2004, 01:31 PM
That was very kind,Denise:-) *blush*:-)
Yes, maybe we are soulsisters:-)) I really wouldnīt mind:-)
You really seem to be a very devoted Yesfan as well. Itīs wonderful to have you here and I really look forward to reading all your posts. Seems you have a lot to give:-)
And thatīs a good thought, that the number of posts tells you about longevity and people you can ask questions. Youīre absolutely right with that. I experienced all of the people with more than thousand posts are really wise:-) and always friendly and very helpful. That doesnīt means that the others arenīt:-)

Ridvan
03-10-2004, 11:59 PM
I've never felt any competition, or had the urge to post just to see my numbers go up. I just don't see how that means anything. I've been a member since the first few weeks and I think I'm finally up to 200 posts over several years. Yet many of my friends on this site have posts in the thousands and have been here less time. I never had the impression that they posting because of some number or rating...........they just have more to say than I.

Ridvan
03-11-2004, 12:02 AM
OK now it's 200

See...I would never post just to see my number rise. :1quiet: